Psychosis x Donk, first ever grow...

• Thread starter Loafyboy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Loafyboy

Thought I would add some pictures of my first ever grow. The strain is Psychosis crossed with Donk (It's not 100%, but it's definately Psychosis and believed to be crossed with Donk). It seems to be a very heavy yielder and it is really loaded with trichs, knocks ya socks off. Tastes pretty fine too!

Growing method is a DWC bucket with Canna Aqua nutes, and a 250w HPS in a cupboard/wardrobe.

I am really pleased with the result as it's my first attempt.

Psychosis x donk first ever grow
Psychosis x donk first ever grow 2
Psychosis x donk first ever grow 3
Psychosis x donk first ever grow 4
Psychosis x donk first ever grow 5
Psychosis x donk first ever grow 6
S

Steve Zissou

ahhh brings back memories to my first grow in a walmart dresser with a 250. keep up the good work. its always better to grow your own quality med's than purchase it questionably, and cheaper too :character0035:

L

Loafyboy

ahhh brings back memories to my first grow in a walmart dresser with a 250. keep up the good work. its always better to grow your own quality med's than purchase it questionably, and cheaper too :character0035:

Hey thanks Steve, you got that right, I am loving growing my own, not just because it's cheaper, but because it tastes so much better! Not to mention the satisfaction of seeing your plants develop and grow.

:sun

D

Dr Herbal

Great plant there mate youve most deffently got a green thumb bro :)
The first grow you do is the best (was for me anyway) alway put a smile on my face when i think back :)
great job bro peace :)

R

Rural_GrowOp

Looks great Loafy. Congrats on your first harvest. I remember finishing my first grow betcha got the fever now. Its addictive.

L

Loafyboy

Great plant there mate youve most deffently got a green thumb bro :)
The first grow you do is the best (was for me anyway) alway put a smile on my face when i think back :)
great job bro peace :)

Thanks man, I studied my arse off before starting the grow, and it seems to have paid off. :bong2:

Looks great Loafy. Congrats on your first harvest. I remember finishing my first grow betcha got the fever now. Its addictive.

Yeah, I got the fever alright, I'm already preparing for the next grow! Can't wait to get it going. :happy

nkkhills

nkkhills

Nice job there Loaf. How much did you yield with the 250W HPS? Look pretty good for a 250 watter.

L

Loafyboy

Nice job there Loaf. How much did you yield with the 250W HPS? Look pretty good for a 250 watter.

I haven't harvested all of it yet, but I done about a quarter of the plant about 10 days ago (rather than buy some) and that has dried to about 35g (1 1/4 oz), so I think between 4 or 5 oz will be the final tally. Way above what I expected, I thought I would get 2 or maybe 3 oz at a push, so I'm well happy!

L

Loafyboy

Whats the name you chose for it? Looks nice.

Not really for me to give it a name as it was a friend that bred it, but I thought about PsychoDonkey, cos it kicks like a angry mule!

nice, love the structure! :)

It's an odd plant, starts out really bushy in veg like an Indica, with fat leaves etc. then when it's put in flower it grows like a Sativa and the leaves thin right down. It was 16 inches tall at the end of veg, and within a few weeks of being put into flower it was about 65 inches! Grew like 3 or 4 inches a day.

L

Loafyboy

Because this thread has generated a bit of interest I thought I should put a few pics of the plant when she was a nipper, just for a bit of fun! Photos are dated in bottom right corners, and last pic was taken the first day it went into flower.

S5000149
S5000152
S5000153
11   07 01 2009
16   13 01 2009
17   16 01 2009
U

ukcheesehead

lookin good ...pcychosis is a kick ass smoke . my no 1 atm
. its my first time making auto seeds work out ok im thinking of making some pschosis cross

Oooooooooooooow 006
Yesyes 006
D

diesel

excellent mate.. your friend must be pretty cool to cross the physcos with donk ( not a common strain in the uk). The dwc bucket has worked really well for you. Did u keep the ph under control ?

nice nice

peace

L

Loafyboy

excellent mate.. your friend must be pretty cool to cross the physcos with donk ( not a common strain in the uk). The dwc bucket has worked really well for you. Did u keep the ph under control ?

nice nice

peace

I've since found out it probably isn't phychosis x donk, it is most likely phychosis x alpha diesel.

PH was always under control, as was everything else, other than the height of the plant. Managed to pull around 6.5 oz's (dried and cured) off it in the end, not bad for a 250w hps!!

Got another growing at the moment (see pic) and got the height under control this time. Had a few issues with high temps over the last week or so, some of the leaves have gone brown and crispy (caused I believe by high nute solution temps, so have started adding ice). The pic was taken yesterday, and is about 5 1/2 weeks into 12/12 under the same 250w hps.

DSC00233
R

Resin.Burner

very good work Loafyboy :) 2 first runs and you already rock da house ;)

this psychosis and crosses looks killer..i'm gonna have the chance to try her soon and let me tell you that your pics got me even more excited about her !

keep up the good work !

RB

L

lovelightpower

just the same strain mate, or you pullin anything else out this time?

i'll have to get a piece of the donky diesel action at some point.

got any of the new clones on the go?

L

Loafyboy

very good work Loafyboy :) 2 first runs and you already rock da house ;)

this psychosis and crosses looks killer..i'm gonna have the chance to try her soon and let me tell you that your pics got me even more excited about her !

keep up the good work !

RB

Cheers man, it's defo worth getting excited about!

just the same strain mate, or you pullin anything else out this time?

i'll have to get a piece of the donky diesel action at some point.

got any of the new clones on the go?

Same strain for this grow. You're more than welcome to have some (and/or some cuttings if you like).

Quite embarassing really, the clones didn't have the best of fortunes. Somebody dropped them on the way home and one got damaged and never recovered (plus they were all mixed up, so I didn't have a clue which was which), out of the remaining 3, 2 never really got going once in growing medium, and one was doing great, but the same somebody forgot to look in their vegging cupboard to check on it a few days ago and it totally dried out (along with all but 1 of the original clones). :'-(

Gutted!

Latest posts

Top Bottom