Pull Hermies, Or Spray And Pluck??!! - Help!

• Thread starter CBD Farmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Should I CUT the hermie plants, or MAINTAIN them???????????

• Total voters
brock1

brock1

here is a shark shock male after about 10day of tomato treatment. As you can see the ethylene from the tomatoes is enough to reverse a male expression plant and make it a female expression plant.
C  Data Users DefApps AppData INTERNETEXPLORER Temp Saved Images med gallery 73781 4410 93500

str8smokn

str8smokn

I have 3 GSC bag seeds that Hermed on me but that's from a light leak I hope. I plucked and moved outside now I haven't seen anymore since the plucking. Mine are about 5'ers also.
Just to nice to lose,even if I hash the buds it would be worth keeping. Yes..
STR8

Cryptic

Cryptic

I have 3 GSC bag seeds that Hermed on me but that's from a light leak I hope. I plucked and moved outside now I haven't seen anymore since the plucking. Mine are about 5'ers also.View attachment 529776View attachment 529777 View attachment 529782 Just to nice to lose,even if I hash the buds it would be worth keeping. Yes..
STR8
yeah i hear gsc has a lot of issues with that. im a new grower starting with gsc from bag seed... issues lol. the first 3 i grew all were males. now im growing 2 more, they look female but i think one might be a hermy. i have to wait a lil longer to tell if i have calyx or pollen sacs. i have 1 more gsc seed and ill probably try that next and be done with gsc for a while till im more knowledgeable. i have plenty of bag seed around here... just not sure what most of them are... damn prohibition.

Lpindicaman

Lpindicaman

This is my first time dealing with hermies, and I was wondering what to do here. I've read up a little on the topic and I've heard 2 things. .

1- Cut them down and burn them
2-Spray Dutchmaster Reverse, and pluck small seed sacks.

I'd rather not have to cut them down because 60 percent of my garden is showing small ballsacks vary sparingly and only the under side of the plants. I believe it was an environmental issue that I had with high heat for a few days, that is now under control, that caused these plants to get stressed out.

The question now is. . . . . do I keep the herms and maintain them with spray and plucking, or do I cut them??? I'd hate to cut down (12) - 5 foot plants!!! At the same time, I have 12 other plants in the room that aren't showing any signs of hermie sacks, and that scares, me having them in the same room. . . . Can I still get a decent yield from a hermie plant? About how much if so?

I'm on day 1 of week 3 flowering. 8000 watt, 12/12, CO2 supplemented air, 85F Day/77 Night temp. Please Help!
I had it happen to me but 7 days from harvest it happened from heat stress and I ended up with not one seed I got lucky had 6 plants got beautiful bud but I got lucky

Cryptic

Cryptic

ok, so let me update my status... both of my gsc are hermaphrodites. smh. i went with the spray and puck route and damn them pollen sacks act quick. iv seen open pollen sacks that weren't on the plant the day before. shits crazy. i never knew growth could happen that fast. im still plucking but now im plucking seeds as well. im not tossing them out, cause check this, i clipped a small bud off my plant and let it dry for 2 days and cure for 4... it was a small bud, anyway the effects were on point. 3-4 hits and i felt nice and medicated.. oh did i say the bud was a month premature too? i should of cured it a lil longer cause the taste wasnt where it should of been but that might have been cause of the age of the plant. not sure. im new to this all.
so is there any truth that hermaphrodite plants only produce hermaphrodite seeds? iv heard it a few times but i dont know if its true. what i do know is, as of today, my plants are producing purple seeds and iv never seen one before.
oh.. and the oddest thing has happened, i had some pollen sacks that had pistols coming out of them. has anyone seen this before? do i have mutant hermaphrodites? btw i call my plants my lil monsters cause their not lil girls lol

Bannacis

Bannacis

With bag seed its a crap shoot. the reason you got the seeds is from a selfed pollinated plant (hermied).
No way of telling if it was genetic or stress caused. If it has alot of both sexes prolly genetic. just a few nanners...stress or a low genetic drift.
A few years back I had KC brains original Mango...sweet sweet plant. Well it showed a couple nanners and i got 6 little dark ass seeds. I grew em out and got a couple gnarly little stinky girls. not much size to em. compared to the O mango.
The Mango smelled sweet, but those nannered offspring smelled of stinky rotten baby poo fruit.
Not much on quantity, but it was danky spanky. the others turned out almost like its mom but not quite to par.

str8smokn

str8smokn

Ok @Bannacis ,I've got a question for you please. I was just talking to a friend on here about this..
Bag seeds = selfed plant for the most part..
Now if these seeds are mainly Hermi prone ,why are there Breeders selling these S1 seeds on here.
I was just wondering .
STR8

SunnyRadio

SunnyRadio

Ok @Bannacis ,I've got a question for you please. I was just talking to a friend on here about this..
Bag seeds = selfed plant for the most part..
Now if these seeds are mainly Hermi prone ,why are there Breeders selling these S1 seeds on here.
I was just wondering .
STR8
Take a keeper and clone it 21 times say. Intentionally turn the 21st clone make then harvest pollen. Fertilise the remaining 20 clones with the "selfed" pollen. This is then a controlled outcome for seed production on a known strain.

str8smokn

str8smokn

Ok,I was thinking of pollenating the same plant ,not really its clone.
But that makes sense. I guess I just thought that was Fem'd seeds.but I guess those are plants dusted with female pollen of the same strain ,not same plant.?
Thanks for trying to make some sense of it for me.
STR8

Wisher619

Wisher619

bag seed is not necessarily herm seed.....alot of people run seeds.....and when a male gets in the mix and is not pulled in time....
but.....also herm....alot of times if you find a seed in a nug and it is herm....you will find the nanner in the same nug
you would be surprised at how cartels breed now not just grow.....they will harvest the seeds and then plant 1k seeds.....pull the males and throw them in another greenhouse or room with a few females.....produce more seeds....over and over again....I have personally seen it....I have also seen a box of mason jars...each jar filled with seeds
not every dispens gets there jizzz from legit growers....alot of them get from .....cartel grows....although not admittedly

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

I've never used anything like Reverse. My experience with plants that show such traits this early on in the game is that it's very unlikely you'll get any usable bud.
@BostonGeorge can tell you the opposite, he had done hermie tops and cut them off. Didn't spray any way and had a hell of a harvest. 250g of one plant. They can recover.

Bannacis

Bannacis

Ok,I was thinking of pollenating the same plant ,not really its clone.
But that makes sense. I guess I just thought that was Fem'd seeds.but I guess those are plants dusted with female pollen of the same strain ,not same plant.?
Thanks for trying to make some sense of it for me.
STR8
Fem seeds...depends on how the fem was created. some cause hermies more than others. some peeps breed just seeds without caring if its stable.
You can dust plant with same strain same plant, or same strain another clone. or same strain different seed. different phenotype. or different femed pollen from different strain

I can't answer for what breeders do, I have heard that the original gsc had a tendency to hermie. it was a low yielder, but very good. Now in the case of the many breeders/seed banks...offering gsc. I can only guess is that they either got the seeds from the original source or another breeder. They had to grown out and either where selfed or bread with a male they got in the seeds. And they make seeds, and maybe so on again...ya get me.
It best to stick with Regular seeds...male x female...don't get any better than that.

BostonGeorge

BostonGeorge

@BostonGeorge can tell you the opposite, he had done hermie tops and cut them off. Didn't spray any way and had a hell of a harvest. 250g of one plant. They can recover.

Well from my research there are two types of hermie buds, some which are caused by being pollenated by a male which wasnt pulled in time, the other way to get hermie buds is caused by stress, in this case which is what happened to me, this will not affect the whole plant, since it wasn't introduced to pollen. In my case over feeding and hi rez temps caused some lower buds only to herm. ✌️

Bannacis

Bannacis

A male that hasn't been pulled in time...if that's the case then its a regular pollenated plant.
Hermie plants are either a female that has been stressed that shows little nanners (male pollen sack).
Then there's the hermies that show male flowers on females and female flowers on males. the male flowers popping up on female is more common of these two.
Usually those are genetic, being that the hermie trait is in one of the parents. or possibly caused by unsavory breeding practice.
Then there's the process of turning females to show male to make fem seeds, using acid or some chemicals to induce.

elduderito

elduderito

I had some light leaks in my flower tent (left the velcro passive intake open during the dark cycle) - and now seeing nanners in one of my plants which is at 57 days - i've plucked a few off but I'm wondering if it's worth letting it go another 14 days to finish up ... i've got another 8 plants that are early in flower that weren't in there when the light leak occurred - Im afraid that leaving the plant with nanners will pollinate (or already has) the rest of my crop...

Top Bottom