Pure super Hazes

• Thread starter basil
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

basil

I wonder if Shanti could release some pure haze lines since his hybrids of haze are so good.

I would be delightful for hobby breeders, or stellar smoke in it's pure form.

Blazed_Out

Blazed_Out

I doubt it.

Cultivator's Choice (Sam The Skunkman) originally released the Original Haze seeds and was sold or given to many of today's established breeders/seedbanks.
I think it was said that Sam didn't want people to release a pure version of Original Haze unless they were given the go ahead.
The pure Original Haze from the 70's was never a stable hybrid and produced many phenotypes including the 'Purple Haze'. The seeds being sold at Seedsman and The Flying Dutchmen are from Sam which he has worked on to stabilize it that resulted in a heavily inbred Haze and mainly good for breeding.

If it wasn't for us growers who wanted shorter flowering times, small heights with high yield plants, then the pure Haze and other legendary pure sativas would still be around.

I would like to see some more Neville's Haze though, even this is quite powerful. Smoked a spliff of it once and never found the same high/taste from any other Haze hybrids I've tried. Maybe the Thai Haze x Skunk #1 I'm growing at the moment might.

B

British_Hempire

Sam's Haze is probably not related to the Haze Shanti and Neville use. Sam himself says that Haze is a waste of time indoors under lights and advises people to try a hybrid like NL5Haze or Skunk Haze. Shanti says their Haze is a blend of Thai, Cambodian and something else. Sam's Haze is definitely composed of Colombian and Mexican, maybe some Thai too, but debating Haze always gets messy.

The best indoor Haze is definitely Neville's, it's the closest to original Haze as you can get that will work indoors, Shanti has never released anything as hazy as he doesn't think there is any point trying to improve on Neville's Haze as it is so good.

Some of Sam's work like the South Indian x Haze and Thai x Haze can produce exceptional plants, but you have to search through the phenos to find the ones that work best indoors. They are hard to find these days, Seedsman ran out of stock and the versions from TFD are probably worked since Sam last provided seeds.

The name Haze was the hot thing for a while a few years ago hence the plethora of Hazes sold today, a few of them don't even have any Haze in them, I think it's high time we forgot about Haze and developed new sativa lines instead.

M

mr. haze420

I think it's high time we forgot about Haze and developed new sativa lines instead. no way, as there are not many land race sativa's still alive. long live the haze, the real one

B

British_Hempire

I think there are still plenty of landraces left, just folks need to track em down.

I gave the last of my Colombian Black ad Ethiopian Highland beans to friends in Florida to reproduce, the lumbo Black has been grown out and pollination has been done, so those beans will be available soon, the Ethiopian next year.

I am starting the last of my pure Zamal soon, sadly my pure Durban Poison didn't germ, but I hope to obtain some seeds from Mexico and Belize shortly.

I've got Highland Oaxacan Gold (2 different phenos) and Malawi Gold mother plants, so the raw materials are still available, the problem is that Haze took a lot of resources to develop, over many years, and it's not easy to grow out the large numbers for selection that went into the Haze line, but I still think that new pure sativa lines are well worth working on, cos if you think about it, there is very little landrace sativa influence in the commercial genepool, all I can think of off the top of my head is the Mexican, Colombian, Thai etc in Haze, the Thai, Durban and Kerala that Sam also used, the Brazilian Shanti used in White Widow and the Durban that was worked for years to bceom power plant. That's not a lot at all.

In recent years some companies like ACE and Cannabiogen have introduced some fresh sativa blood, mostly south American, but I think there is a very real need to inject some fresh blood into what's become a pretty stagnant genepool.

B

basil

You're right BH

Indoors + pure sativa is not my cup of tea.

My concept / long term goal is to find stellar non hermie electric phenos from

zamal
se asia
hazes and cross them with G13 or something similar until I find a master cutting
malawi gold

last, and certainly not least, all this = would be done in a 12/12 auto louvered greenhouse with a high ceiling

indoors, under lights, I could never provide the juice to 20 week flowerers, or the room.

I am an amateur though, so when and if I stumble upon just the right cutting, it will be more chance than skill

Its a hobby that could take years, but would be fun.

B

British_Hempire

I wouldn't cross them to a heavy indica like G13, would totally flatten the electric high, there are plenty of fast, fairly short sativas or sativa dom hybrids that would be much more suitable.

B

basil

really? cool. see - I have a lot to learn

but I look forward to it!

what would you cross these with instead of g13?
I thought g13haze was killer, but that's second hand info

by the way, I'll be reproducing your pure thai and also zamal in 1 year so drop me a line if you ever need some of your stuff back down the road

B

British_Hempire

G13Haze is killer, everyone likes it.

Examples of shorter, faster sativas include things like Durban, Swazi, Nepalese and Mexican, but it's all about selection, but shorter, faster plants can be found.

Not all indicas have a heavy couchlocky stone, so those are also a good choice. This is why I chose the purple Afghan to hybridise some extreme tropical sativas, because it has no couchlock.

B

basil

cool

I never knew that. Now your purple Afghan cross makes a lot of sense to me.

I have some c-99 I might play around with mixing that instead. Probably on the wrong track again lol.

The thing I like about my own hobby of searching for great moms is that a few plants can produce thousands or seeds (I actually like many many varying phenotypes) so the possibilities are almost endless if one keeps trying new stuff.

As far as trying to produce stable predictable seeds for the paying public, that would be no fun for me. lol

that bums me about the pure haze from TFD; was going to get some of that and salt it away cuz I thought it was Sams for sure. But you're right, who knows after so much time has passed.

I

I B L

Premium Member
Supporter
here here,

HTML:
I think it's high time we forgot about Haze and developed new sativa lines
HTML:
instead....agreed...forward ever.... no worries ,the haze wont go away,its always been around, always will, :ohmy:

F

Foxy Trees

.. long live the haze, the real one

:clapping

@ British Hempire

Glad to hear about your opinion/thoughts of todays landraces and the need to track them down. Personally, when we talk about genetics, I can't imagine something more challanging and in the end satisfying than working with true landrace genetics - always something special, indeed.

To hear that your Ethiopian Highland is doing well makes me feel very very good :nod

Enjoy - Foxy Trees -

O

oldhand

I think the oldtimers haze that ace has might be a fun line to search through... I'm still holding a pack of dutch flowers metal haze in the vaults... I think maybe I'd like to work with shanti's mango haze a bit... I've heard very good things about her...

K

Karma Genetics

I can still get my hands on the original C5 and A5 haze's that is the old cuttings. I grew them alot years ago before i was on the net. They take 16 weeks to finish. They are nevils cuts. The guy they came from still grows them for persenol use.

I personly realy like the today hybrids. Most are stoned and high at the same time making them a kind of heavy maybe.

The A5 is more stoned the C5 is the one i think you real haze lovers kill for. Light green buds with that never ending high.

Man talking about here makes me think i should get here again.

Going on the Hunt........

L

Limeygreen

Are the A5 and C5 from the Original haze seed or hybrids. Please forgive my ignorance. I am really curious to hear more about them especially the C5 Haze, sounding better and better...

bigherb

bigherb

Farmer
original a5 c5 a smoke report is nescesscary n would be a blessing to us all .pleez shed som light.

I

ironhorse

It is also possible to cross males and females and look for haze in the progeny.

oOBOULDEROo

oOBOULDEROo

how does malawi stack up to haze and other pure sativas? it has to be some good stuff if obsoul is concentrating his efforts on it...

M

Medic

Sam's Haze is probably not related to the Haze Shanti and Neville use. Sam himself says that Haze is a waste of time indoors under lights and advises people to try a hybrid like NL5Haze or Skunk Haze. Shanti says their Haze is a blend of Thai, Cambodian and something else. Sam's Haze is definitely composed of Colombian and Mexican, maybe some Thai too, but debating Haze always gets messy.

The best indoor Haze is definitely Neville's, it's the closest to original Haze as you can get that will work indoors, Shanti has never released anything as hazy as he doesn't think there is any point trying to improve on Neville's Haze as it is so good.

Some of Sam's work like the South Indian x Haze and Thai x Haze can produce exceptional plants, but you have to search through the phenos to find the ones that work best indoors. They are hard to find these days, Seedsman ran out of stock and the versions from TFD are probably worked since Sam last provided seeds.

The name Haze was the hot thing for a while a few years ago hence the plethora of Hazes sold today, a few of them don't even have any Haze in them, I think it's high time we forgot about Haze and developed new sativa lines instead.

i remember reading from sams own posts that he had personlly handed neville shoenmaker haze seeds.

Top Bottom