Holy Smoke: Purple Punch x Animal Cookies

Germination Began: 11/06/2021
Germination Method: Rockwool
(Seeds spouted 11/10/2021)

Day Temp./RH: 80F/65%
Night Temp./RH: 70F/65%

DWC pH: 5.8
DWC ppm: 500

Nutrients: General Hydro. 3 part: grow, micro, & bloom; also Armor Silica, Cal Magic.

Holy Smoke

image.jpg

Purple Aliens

image.jpg

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Yeah. Why?
I was assuming you had, but if not was gonna tell you cover the stones. But I guess I'll ask how you like the stones being visible and wet? Mine are almost fully submerged like yours, I just wonder about light leaks. Your running benefitial bacteria right?

I'm currently getting white substance on top of my pebbles. I'm assuming it's salts filtered up and through the pebbles. Yet if I do what your doing, it will keep them clean. Yet. . Yet.. Won't that cause unneeded fungus growth?

Or do you cover it all and this was for photo?

SinSemillaWhisperer420

SinSemillaWhisperer420

I was assuming you had, but if not was gonna tell you cover the stones. But I guess I'll ask how you like the stones being visible and wet? Mine are almost fully submerged like yours, I just wonder about light leaks. Your running benefitial bacteria right?

I'm currently getting white substance on top of my pebbles. I'm assuming it's salts filtered up and through the pebbles. Yet if I do what your doing, it will keep them clean. Yet. . Yet.. Won't that cause unneeded fungus growth?

Or do you cover it all and this was for photo?
So at this stage the rock wall needs to stay wet because the roots aren’t that deep yet. I’ve personally like seeing the water bubble up. Add a little bit of hydrogen peroxide if you are concerned about bad bacteria or mold etc. I have never had a problem with bacteria mold or mildew etc. doing it this way. When the roots start to grow down far enough then I keep the water down below much further. As for the white buildup, it is just salt buildup nothing to worry about. Also, I do not cover it at all. With the amount of hydroton I use works fine for me. I do recommend strongly adding clean kelp to ur DWC for countless benefits and disease resistance.

SinSemillaWhisperer420

SinSemillaWhisperer420

So at this stage the rock wall needs to stay wet because the roots aren’t that deep yet. I’ve personally like seeing the water bubble up. Add a little bit of hydrogen peroxide if you are concerned about bad bacteria or mold etc. I have never had a problem with bacteria mold or mildew etc. doing it this way. When the roots start to grow down far enough then I keep the water down below much further. As for the white buildup, it is just salt buildup nothing to worry about. Also, I do not cover it at all. With the amount of hydroton I use works fine for me. I do recommend strongly adding clean kelp to ur DWC for countless benefits and disease resistance.
Hydrogen peroxide is a great product to use in DWC as it prevents root rot and kills off all the bad bacteria. Hydrogen peroxide is water with an extra oxygen atom. Some nutrient companies even market it. The stuff from your local drug store 3% hydrogen peroxide is the same stuff. I use about a cup to my solution halfway to my next water change.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

I run a live system, not a fan of sterile systems overall, but to each their own. I use hydroguard and try to run temps around 72f instead of a chiller. Anyways was more just interested in your bubbles on top of the pebbles and the growth you might get. This tells me I can for sure do it lol, but I dont know if I really need to. The growth you will get due to the light on the pebbles and the water can be beneficial,im assuming, I just dont know exactly what it adds to the mix. Enzymes I imagine. . free lol. . .

So yea ill be watching the progress too. Congrads on the hydro runs, they are so fun. Im about to build a pretty big setup one I get moved into my new building. Currently running 80 gallons of water rdwc for 6 plants lol. . pretty easy

Derelictus

Derelictus

Those pic's are incredible!

When you say "a cup to my solution", how does this translate per gallon, roughly? If I've got 15-20 gallons of water would a 1/2 cup do the trick? and does H202 have any ill effects on beneficial bacteria?

I'm new to hydro and currently running a small RDWC. I've heard some good things about using H202 (like you said) with care. Thanks for the info and of course the proof of concept.

Last edited:
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Those pic's are incredible!

When you say "a cup to my solution", how does this translate per gallon, roughly? If I've got 15-20 gallons of water would a 1/2 cup do the trick? and does H202 have any ill effects on beneficial bacteria?

I'm new to hydro and currently running a small RDWC. I've heard some good things about using H202 (like you said) with care. Thanks for the info and of course the proof of concept.
Peroxide kills fungus and bacteria, so yes it will destroy all beneficial bacteria in your system. You either run sterile or live, you cant do both.

SinSemillaWhisperer420

SinSemillaWhisperer420

I run a live system, not a fan of sterile systems overall, but to each their own. I use hydroguard and try to run temps around 72f instead of a chiller. Anyways was more just interested in your bubbles on top of the pebbles and the growth you might get. This tells me I can for sure do it lol, but I dont know if I really need to. The growth you will get due to the light on the pebbles and the water can be beneficial,im assuming, I just dont know exactly what it adds to the mix. Enzymes I imagine. . free lol. . .

So yea ill be watching the progress too. Congrads on the hydro runs, they are so fun. Im about to build a pretty big setup one I get moved into my new building. Currently running 80 gallons of water rdwc for 6 plants lol. . pretty easy
Nice dude! Thanks for watching as these girls grow. It is easy if you keep track of ur pH and ppm on a regular basis.

SinSemillaWhisperer420

SinSemillaWhisperer420

Peroxide kills fungus and bacteria, so yes it will destroy all beneficial bacteria in your system. You either run sterile or live, you cant do both.
Yes it kills as bacteria but unfortunately good bacteria

SinSemillaWhisperer420

SinSemillaWhisperer420

I feel as though if ur gonna go organic and and live then super soil is the way to go. I do both. Recycled organic living soil and sterile hydro (separate of course).

SinSemillaWhisperer420

SinSemillaWhisperer420

Although I never got root rot or root diseases, I would never wanna lose a plant to it, and in sterile hydro peroxide will kill all bacteria to my knowledge.

Derelictus

Derelictus

Although I never got root rot or root diseases, I would never wanna lose a plant to it, and in sterile hydro peroxide will kill all bacteria to my knowledge.
Thank you. So how much H202 would you use say with 15 gal? I'm interested in your award winning formula đź‘Ť

SinSemillaWhisperer420

SinSemillaWhisperer420

Thank you. So how much H202 would you use say with 15 gal? I'm interested in your award winning formula đź‘Ť
For 15 gallons total about a total of a 3 cups. Remember it’s just water with an extra oxygen atom so you can’t really over do it like you can when you add to much nutrients. It’s just water that’s oxygenated enough to kill harmful pathogens without harming the plant. Get 3% hydrogen peroxide from your nearest drug store.

Derelictus

Derelictus

For 15 gallons total about a total of a 3 cups. Remember it’s just water with an extra oxygen atom so you can’t really over do it like you can when you add to much nutrients. It’s just water that’s oxygenated enough to kill harmful pathogens without harming the plant. Get 3% hydrogen peroxide from your nearest drug store.
Thanks I appreciate this.

I should'a bought stock in H202 when I began my first hydro-grow. I use 3% for my weekly scrubs and sanitising so going through a gallon a week as it is :-)
This is something that equally intrigued me and scared me. Glad to have some good advice on it and looking forward to following your progress.

SinSemillaWhisperer420

SinSemillaWhisperer420

Thanks I appreciate this.

I should'a bought stock in H202 when I began my first hydro-grow. I use 3% for my weekly scrubs and sanitising so going through a gallon a week as it is :-)
This is something that equally intrigued me and scared me. Glad to have some good advice on it and looking forward to following your progress.
You’re very welcome.
Thanks for following as I look forward to following your grows as well.

SinSemillaWhisperer420

SinSemillaWhisperer420

Purple Aliens
Day 11 of seedling/veg. stage

Water pH: 5.75
ppm: 450

Starting to grow faster and faster with more size. Next week I will bump the ppm up slightly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom