Purple Kush under LED. 2nd grow

• Thread starter dunit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dunit

I believe their about 700$ if I remember correctly.

Yup! Includes shipping but definately not one of the cheaper lights. I may be jumping the gun but after pulling .9grams per watt on a bad grow I think these guys actually have the spectrum engineering dialed in and I really expect to see results that justify the expenditure. 4 1/2 more weeks and I should really know :)

M

monkey5

Premium Member
Supporter
Looking good!

Looking good! Nice grow..you have it going on there! Are you using any humidity control in there from watering? Or do you not have that problem with a sealed room/propane burning? Just a question i've been wondering about. Your buds look like they are forming candy! Please give us a smoke report once they are done. Thank you for the pictures! monkey5

D

dunit

Looking good! Nice grow..you have it going on there! Are you using any humidity control in there from watering? Or do you not have that problem with a sealed room/propane burning? Just a question i've been wondering about. Your buds look like they are forming candy! Please give us a smoke report once they are done. Thank you for the pictures! monkey5

I might get a de-humidifier going as I'm running about 60-70% RH which is a bit high.

D

dunit

Day 25 of flower. Threw my iphone in a pic for size reference. Bud's are looking tasty already :-)

PKunderLEDApril3 002
PKunderLEDApril3 005
PKunderLEDApril3 006
PKunderLEDApril3 007
PKunderLEDApril3 010
PKunderLEDApril3 013
D

dunit

Day 32 of flower and been out of town so sorry for the big gap in updates. After the previous pics I discovered I had Thrips so treated for those and appears to be under control.

Just over halfway and the ladies are fattening very nicely.

PKunderLEDApril10 002
PKunderLEDApril10 004
PKunderLEDApril10 007
PKunderLEDApril10 008
PKunderLEDApril10 009
H

HOMEGROWN702

Very impressive

First off much props on your stellar led grows. I was very skeptical at first but I'm a believer now. I'm a newbie grower by the way. Have yet to do my first grow. Right now I have my eyes set on the 357 magnums. I will be growing in a 4x4x6.5 tent. Very similar to the space you used for your 357 grow. I'm thinking about getting two of them. How much heat do the 357 produce? Have you had any problems with your 357 magnums? Has your electricity bill went down? Also how are the buds? Are they nice and big? Do you use co2.Thanks for the info. It will be greatly appreciated.

D

dunit

First off much props on your stellar led grows. I was very skeptical at first but I'm a believer now. I'm a newbie grower by the way. Have yet to do my first grow. Right now I have my eyes set on the 357 magnums. I will be growing in a 4x4x6.5 tent. Very similar to the space you used for your 357 grow. I'm thinking about getting two of them. How much heat do the 357 produce? Have you had any problems with your 357 magnums? Has your electricity bill went down? Also how are the buds? Are they nice and big? Do you use co2.Thanks for the info. It will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the compliments. I use co2 (propane burner). They don't give off much heat to the point that the only issue I have to deal with is keeping the grow area warm enough. No problems at all with them so far. I was running a 600HPS over the same area previously which had an actual draw just over 650 watts and now I'm running 360 watts so definately using way less power. In terms of my electric bill I don't have an exact savings as it's in a house with three other people and varied consumption so hard to figure out.

I will post new pics tonite as I got stuck out of town working

N

NorCalD9

Congrats!! This is a great showing of what the right LEDs can do..... Keep up the killer work bro!!

Peace
D9

D

dunit

Day 37 of flower. Three weeks and a bit to go. Getting fat. No popcorn on this run :-)

PK MagnumLEDApril15 001
PK MagnumLEDApril15 003
PK MagnumLEDApril15 009
PK MagnumLEDApril15 010
PK MagnumLEDApril15 013
PK MagnumLEDApril15 014
H

HOMEGROWN702

why do people speak negatively about leds so much?

Visited a local hydro store today and the employee who worked their simply told me leds don't work. With a big ol grin from here to Texas as I told him I just recently purchased one. Another employee told me " good luck" as I told him I paid 750 for the 357 magnum. But the proof is in the pudding. This update was great. Look Foward to the next group of pictures

D

dunit

Visited a local hydro store today and the employee who worked their simply told me leds don't work. With a big ol grin from here to Texas as I told him I just recently purchased one. Another employee told me " good luck" as I told him I paid 750 for the 357 magnum. But the proof is in the pudding. This update was great. Look Foward to the next group of pictures

I really don't think you'll be disappointed. I don't care what the manufacturer says about coverage but if I can make a suggestion, don't try to cover too big an area. The common mistake seems to be to try to do too much and then you don't get the intensity and penetration to get big, hard buds.

I really think that about 3 ft by 3 ft is really ideal for one Magnum and run it about 15-18" off the canopy. They have 60 degree lens angles so way better penetration than the panels that run 90's so don't be scared to run them at those heights.

I have a long time friend who works in a hydro store and they've been told outright by the owner to slam LED's if they want to keep their jobs because the lifespan of LED's along with the lack of accessories needed will be devestating to their business.

E

evmcg

Wow, impressive results Dunit. Do you ever get powder mildew on the leaves in the undercarriage? I always thought that might be a problem with LED's because not as much light penetrates down to those parts of the plant. Either way bro, mad props on doin it NEW school!

H

HOMEGROWN702

Thanks dunit

I will be growing in a 4 x 4 secret jardin grow tent. I have 7 plants total. I plan on getting one more 357 magnum since I have two grow tents. One for vegging and one for flowering. Thanka for tour advice Dunit

D

dunit

Day 38 of flower. Threw my iphone in for reference. With two weeks to go these nugz are a good size already and the frost is getting crazy. Took a couple pics without the LED's on for natural light color reference.

PK MagnumLEDApril16 002
PK MagnumLEDApril16 003
PK MagnumLEDApril16 005
PK MagnumLEDApril16 007
PK MagnumLEDApril16 009
PK MagnumLEDApril16 012
H

HookedOnPonix

Damn those are some sexy plants. Finally finished building my grow room, setting up my aeroflo 36 today with two Magnums. Hope to have comparable results. Looking awesome man.

D

dunit

Damn those are some sexy plants. Finally finished building my grow room, setting up my aeroflo 36 today with two Magnums. Hope to have comparable results. Looking awesome man.

That's awesome. Would love to see how hard they'd rock a hydro set up.

Dephect

Dephect

Looking good man.

The just upped the price to 749.99 for the 357.

Debating on if its worth it.

D

dunit

Looking good man.
The just upped the price to 749.99 for the 357.
Debating on if its worth it.

Yeah that's the kicker. Lots of cheaper lights out there. Seems like most of them can pull a gram a watt. I've seen the Blackstar 240 (actual draw 120watts) pull 4 oz and I've seen the ISIS 170 (actual draw 120) pull 5.5 oz. ISIS is more expensive but 30% more yield sure adds up in a hurry and pays for the light pretty quick.

I've still got 2 1/2 weeks to go so a lot can happen but even right now I've eclipsed my last grow (which I screwed up with nute issues) and that one hit .9 grams per watt so I'm thinking the investment was worth it but time will tell.

For sure do your homework and don't assume that just because something is expensive it's worth it.

I'd definatley phone or email and try to get the light at the old price. I know they were having issues with their payment processing about a month ago so you could always claim you tried ordering before and it didn't go through. For $50 I'd give it a shot :)

D

dunit

Wow, impressive results Dunit. Do you ever get powder mildew on the leaves in the undercarriage? I always thought that might be a problem with LED's because not as much light penetrates down to those parts of the plant. Either way bro, mad props on doin it NEW school!

No issues with powdery mildew in two grows and my humidity is fairly high in the 60% range.

Top Bottom