Purple Kush under LED. 2nd grow

• Thread starter dunit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dunit

Well hopefully I learned enought from my last journal to really push the envelope on this one. Last run yielded 327 grams from 360 watts and a few things got screwed up.

Canadian Rx grower.

9 Purple Kush vegged under ISIS-1 170 watt LED panel
Flowering under two 357 Magnum LED panels
GH Flora Nova nutes
Cal Mag
coco w 10% perlite

A little behind as I'm currently on Day 11 of flower so I'll try to catch up. March 9th was day 1

Purple kush under led 2nd grow
Purple kush under led 2nd grow 2
Purple kush under led 2nd grow 3
P

primeform

wow, this looks like an LED grow with potential. whats the reasoning behind going LED instead of HPS? Dont have the power?

B

Better Buds

I see you have 9 instead of 12 like last grow. May I ask why? Do you feel that you needed fewer plants under the 2 lights? I ask because I'm getting one to try on a 32in x32in area. I want to make sure only one light will give me the coverage needed. Now that you have been through a grow with the lights you may be able to answer a little better than last time I asked. Last one turned out pretty well in my opinion.

D

dunit

I see you have 9 instead of 12 like last grow. May I ask why? Do you feel that you needed fewer plants under the 2 lights? I ask because I'm getting one to try on a 32in x32in area. I want to make sure only one light will give me the coverage needed. Now that you have been through a grow with the lights you may be able to answer a little better than last time I asked. Last one turned out pretty well in my opinion.

I'm running 9 plants but they take up more area than the 12 I ran last time as they are way bushier. I put them in larger pots much earlier in veg this time and they really bushed out.

I'm covering about a 40 by 48 area with two and I've got the lights probably closer than I need to but I'm limited by space and plant numbers so trying to pound the light into them :-)

I think that if you ran a magnum about 16" off the canopy you'd cover that sort of area.

D

dunit

Now that you have been through a grow with the lights you may be able to answer a little better than last time I asked. Last one turned out pretty well in my opinion.

Well IMO the last one didn't go great as I had the nute issue in prime weeks for putting on weight but still hit .9 grams per watt so really excited about the potential of this one.

D

dunit

wow, this looks like an LED grow with potential. whats the reasoning behind going LED instead of HPS? Dont have the power?

Power isn't an issue as I'm Rx grower so authorities aren't the problem. Safety is my main reason for LED's. No heat sig or rf sig means that I minimize my chance of being a rip victim which is happening more and more. I also really like that if I leave my grow for three days I'm not constantly paranoid about HPS lights burning down the place :)

I also think it's pretty cool that I can save power and I now run a sealed room with NO COOLING. Who'd have thought that was possible.

M

Mr Weed

yeh i am same i have 5 snowryders growing under 120 watt L.E.D and they love it see for youor self 24/7 llight it loves it and it uses next to nothing in electricity these are just coming out of veg now.

IMAG0026
IMAG0030
D

dunit

yeh i am same i have 5 snowryders growing under 120 watt L.E.D and they love it see for youor self 24/7 llight it loves it and it uses next to nothing in electricity these are just coming out of veg now.

Those are some funky shaped leaves on that strain. Almost look like Maple leaves...lol

H

HookedOnPonix

Looking really good! I actually recently purchased a magnum light myself (probably get a second one) and your grow gives me hope. I just have a few questions if you don't mind. You mentioned that you're growing in a sealed room, so I am going to assume you are using C02? What size space are you growing in? what are your temps at if you aren't running any cooling? Do you vent out the air to refresh it? Or is opening the door once in a while enough? I am in the process of building my own sealed room and I am just trying to figure everything out. I'll definitely be watching the rest of your grow. Keep up the good work!

oOBOULDEROo

oOBOULDEROo

very interested to see how led can produce well. do you notice a change in trich production with led?

D

dunit

Looking really good! I actually recently purchased a magnum light myself (probably get a second one) and your grow gives me hope. I just have a few questions if you don't mind. You mentioned that you're growing in a sealed room, so I am going to assume you are using C02? What size space are you growing in? what are your temps at if you aren't running any cooling? Do you vent out the air to refresh it? Or is opening the door once in a while enough? I am in the process of building my own sealed room and I am just trying to figure everything out. I'll definitely be watching the rest of your grow. Keep up the good work!

I'm in an 8 x 8 fully insulated room. It has a concrete floor but I've actually had to put down a sub-floor to hold the heat. I run co2 via a propane burner and that helps maintain temp which sits about 82F. I have a small electric space heater to maintain temp also.

As for fresh air I just open the door once in a while.

D

dunit

very interested to see how led can produce well. do you notice a change in trich production with led?

Trich production does certainly seem to be very intense and although it's tough to describe the actual difference.....LED bud is just a nicer smoke. I really think they put less stress on the plants or cater more to exactly what the plant wants and that comes out in the taste and quality.

I'll try to get a magnification lens and take some close ups this round of flower.

H

HookedOnPonix

I'm in an 8 x 8 fully insulated room. It has a concrete floor but I've actually had to put down a sub-floor to hold the heat. I run co2 via a propane burner and that helps maintain temp which sits about 82F. I have a small electric space heater to maintain temp also.

As for fresh air I just open the door once in a while.

Hope to get started this weekend on my sealed room, 7x7, sub floor, insulated walls. I won't be using a propane burner, but I do have a small space heater that should suffice for temps. I'll probably have to buy a water chiller for my aeroflo to keep water temps down. Thanks for the info.

D

dunit

Hope to get started this weekend on my sealed room, 7x7, sub floor, insulated walls. I won't be using a propane burner, but I do have a small space heater that should suffice for temps. I'll probably have to buy a water chiller for my aeroflo to keep water temps down. Thanks for the info.

As much as possible insulate the hell out of your aeroflo and res. Will help keep your room warmer and your water temps cooler. I've used that foil bubble wrap stuff with great success in the past. Cut it up and tape it all over the place :)

H

HookedOnPonix

As much as possible insulate the hell out of your aeroflo and res. Will help keep your room warmer and your water temps cooler. I've used that foil bubble wrap stuff with great success in the past. Cut it up and tape it all over the place :)[/QUOTE

Sounds like a plan.

B

Beeobee

Hey dude nice group of ladies you have there. I'll be watching this one to the the end, I'm very interested in the 357's thinking this is the brand to get right now.
I have one question do you need 2 357's to cover a 4x4 area. the company says 1 will cover a 4x4 area whats your take on that.

peace beeobee

Latest posts

Top Bottom