Purple Kush

• Thread starter Ocanabis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

Ohsogreen

Ocanabis.... Very nice looking buddage & thanks for the smoke report.

W

weedidas

Hey Ocanabis, I'm a photographer my self and your photos are exceptional. That ring flash sure makes a huge difference in quality. I'm wondering what you are using for equip other then the Xsi, 100mm macro lens, and ring flash? What about the overhead lighting in some of you plant shots?

ftwendy

ftwendy

Nice old report. Thanks ocan, for the input and insight. Moderate and calm responses, too. LOL

Anyone care to chime in on the shortcomings of the sr71 cut? It's consistently the most req'd around here. Lovely results. But why the bad rep? Aside from pm str8 from the nursery (well, back in 09 at least), it's been easy to clone, grow, etc and has provided bountiful, beautiful results consistently. Clearly I'm a fan. How much better can it get than the sr cut? If she gets the right amount of sulfur through bloom, she tastes like purple and yellow skittles. Incredible.

Purplekush70days
S

sunonacloudyday

Oh man, I'd love my purps to end up anywhere near that! beautiful! =0)

ftwendy

ftwendy

That sr71 pk was run for 70 days, using pbp & sweet grape @15ml/g in 4" rw cubes along with geolite to fill the 1g square pots. I ran 4 plants/600w hps (8 total), each required 1/2gal at ph 5.7 daily...pbp was switched to pbp soil at day 42, and flushed with plain water at ph5.9 from days 56 thru 70. Night temps were in the upper 60's, daytime topped out in the mid 70's. They were nearly black after a week of drying... stellar smoke.

I have now switched to canna (A & B @ 11ml/g) + sweet grape (15 ml/g) + GH floralicious bloom (5 ml/g). Total mix + untreated well water (needs ro I know) = 1.5ms, ph ranges bet 5.6-5.9 late in flower.... Since changing nutes and learning what a slow drinker and massive rooter the pk is (loves her root real estate), I have enjoyed faster growth and a much more vigorous plant overall.

The problem has become that all that vigor (literally 3x the plant mass in the same 60 day veg) has brought much lager colas, and impossible to avoid botrytis... it only begins to hit the very largest colas after 52ish days 12/12, and if I remove the colas on day 53 the rest of the crop is spared and can safely progress to 60 days. I train the bushes out horizontally to encourage budding throughout the entire plant, but colas on the top 1/3 of the bushes always form racquet ball sized buds...and thats where the rot starts. I spot the botrytis with a 60x mag as just a spider-like webbing between a few trichs and the leaf, and thats when I know its time to chop the colas. It took a few ruined colas via cotton ball sized puffs of rot (fuck!) before I dialed in the days she begins to rot... unfortunately, Dynagro Si, multiple dehumids, oscillating fans, larger exhaust etc., has not been able to get me past 60 days without rot spider webs beginning at day 60-63 throughout the mid/thumb sized buds that make up 90% of the harvested material. Yield minus rot is still averaging double the previous regimen, but I'd prefer to be able to save my colas, or at least get another week out of them. Thoughts?

F

FatMarty

PK - Las Vegas cut

Here is my Purple Kush Las Vegas cut in bloom just under a week.

Mine has that hemp mosaic virus and grows kinda slow and odd in veg; but it ripens nicely and I love it.:harvest:

CanadaDank

CanadaDank

Holy God, I've bought Purple Kush so many times but it has NEVER looked anything close to that. I've never had legit amazing purple kush, even in Canada. The dispensaries Purple Kush, in BC and here, look nothing like that. That looks plain amazing. Gotta find some!

ftwendy

ftwendy

I'll see if I can find more shots from past PK grows... I have some outdoor shots, somewhere. Here's more from that LST PBP run, sometime in the 9th week, and the last shot is from a sog run, somewhere around day 55. Thanks for the props, all... but its not me, it that pk, just doing her thing.

Anybody ever done a side by side grow/taste/etc of all the PK's? Any thoughts on the deficiency showing on the shade leaves (note: curled edges, mottled appearance) is that cal mag? Cheers, FTW

PkPBP68
PK69midPBP
PK64PBP
PK70PBPfinished
SOGPK55
F

FatMarty

ftwendy does my plant, (post above yours), look familiar?

I can definately relate to this.

I think I'm going to kill myself...:thinking:shake:worried

ftwendy

ftwendy

Marty- I've never seen your pheno before. Looks stout and bushy, but different from mine... like its more afghan thank the sr71 pk, or something. Do you have details about the lineage, or anything else to corroborate the lvpk label? I've personally never tried lvpk, tho I hear its the best. U sure the TMV diagnosis isn't just calmag deficiency - many people confuse the two. Your screen shot, above, shows a trimmed shade leaf...it shows some of the mottled/uneven color I'm trying to diagnose. Do you get the same issue late in flowering?

Speaking of confused, how'd you get that zoom of your screen capture? Zoom, then print screen? PC or Mac? Cheers, ftw

F

FatMarty

Marty- I've never seen your pheno before. Looks stout and bushy, but different from mine... like its more afghan thank the sr71 pk, or something. Do you have details about the lineage, or anything else to corroborate the lvpk label? I've personally never tried lvpk, tho I hear its the best. U sure the TMV diagnosis isn't just calmag deficiency - many people confuse the two. Your screen shot, above, shows a trimmed shade leaf...it shows some of the mottled/uneven color I'm trying to diagnose. Do you get the same issue late in flowering?

Speaking of confused, how'd you get that zoom of your screen capture? Zoom, then print screen? PC or Mac? Cheers, ftw

Answer to last question first: Zoom, then print screen to photoshop or Paint, (Paste into empty new doc). On a PC.

The person I got mine from does not bullshit and knows his shit.
It's the real deal. Maybe he will chime in - maybe not - I kinda doubt he was aware of the virus though. I badgered him for the strain and he went way out of his way to get it for me. I still can't believe he didn't kick my ass for that.

This information seems to be trickling out slowly as it becomes more common. It is most important for breeders as it passes through seeds and other tools used in the gardening process like water containers and dirty hands.

I've been reading and reading on it and damn that shit is scary.
All of a sudden I'm suspect of everything and every problem. If your veg temp is high they often won't show mottleing/yellowing until in bloom. Again - the higher your temps in the bloom the better the plant does and the least you see the symptoms of the virus.

I'm guessing you are running higher than 78*F in much of your cycles? My Bloom runs under 80* usually and drops to 65*F or so at night during cool months.

I have another strain I was trying to test out that looks to have it in both phenos now. Maybe I'm just paranoid; but I'm not feeling real confidant right about now. I only had two seeds. I got one seed from the last harvest from one of them and don't know whether to plant it or not.

I'm thinking of trying to stress my LVPK for fem seeds - I really don't want to lose the genetics - but the more I read the more I realize I need some help from someone who does cultures from new growth.

From what I understand - it has been eradicated from a line of tobacco in the lab via transfer of a few new growth cells to a culture and growing out a healthy host from there. That appears to be the only hope.

Otherwise the only safe way to grow this beast is in isolation. I only got one set of rooms. I need another set of rooms man. My friend has a tent I can borrow - thinking - thinking - thinking - oops I just blew a 50 amp fuse.:punch

If you ever want to trade cuttings or clones PM me man. I would love to try yours.

F

FatMarty

Here's a shot of my Purple Hush LV cut about 25 days into bloom.
Not the best pic; but I wanted to show the change as it transforms from veg.

Also a shot of the GDP (Kens cut) that shares PK genes.

ftwendy

ftwendy

Werd. I see something funny in your girls... thanks for the update.

Do all of the PK cuts display the same problem? To me, it just looks like you've been stressing your girls with consistent overwatering (or not allowing them to dry sufficiently between waterings). How tall are those plants, and when was their last transplanting into a new container?

T

tattoojim

Werd. I see something funny in your girls... thanks for the update.

Do all of the PK cuts display the same problem? To me, it just looks like you've been stressing your girls with consistent overwatering (or not allowing them to dry sufficiently between waterings). How tall are those plants, and when was their last transplanting into a new container?

the post at the top of this page says it has hemp mosaic? plus he is banned might not post back

ftwendy

ftwendy

I have my doubts regarding the tmv diagnosis... just noticed the banned tag, too. C'est la vie.

Top Bottom