Purple stripes on my mother plant ( Nothern Lights )

• Thread starter Credits420OG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Credits420OG

Credits420OG

Hey Yo! 😃

I am new to the game of growing Cannabis. Can someone tell me if this is normal based on the pictures I am attaching?

I have problems with the middle stem / cuttings coming out of my mother plant having purple stripes around the stems, Is this normal?

- Have taken 2 cuttings from my mother plant now, so waiting for roots.

- Don't worry about the ring I've put around one leaf.
Yes, I know it looks very bright and it has received some nourishment but it has suffered some damage to 1 leaf so I will wait a few days before I give it nourishment again, at the moment it is only getting water.

-The only thing I wonder about is the purple stripes on the middle trunk and the trunks, if that is normal.

- Name on the strain its Northern Lights Fermenized.

Purple stripes on my mother plant  nothern lights
Purple stripes on my mother plant  nothern lights 2
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Though this looks to me to be a bit of genetics too. But generally purple streaks like that are the plant requesting some nitrogen. Also, some cannabis strains will turn purple on the stalks and the stems leading to the leaves on the top side only, a natural defense, a cannatan.

Credits420OG

Credits420OG

So maybe give it a little more nitrogen / Calcium

- I feed them every 3 days or 2 days, depends on how bright the leaves are.

GGOGZin

GGOGZin

Ait, Thanks, but

But can I, for example, give more micro or more blossom? or should one buy a separate bottle for nitrogen / calcium
I’d agree, plant looks like it’s asking for more N and calcium. Pretty sure calmag+ has nitrogen and iron too, and of course calcium and magnesium.

Some strains will change color on them stems due to artificial light too, but probably not a huge worry, the leaves are your true storytellers

Last edited:
Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Ait, Thanks, but

But can I, for example, give more micro or more blossom? or should one buy a separate bottle for nitrogen / calcium

Howdy, and welcome to the Farm! 🤠

I just briefly read the thread and I will chime in with a few points.

First, it's not genetics, if that's original Northern Lights, I am well versed in that old favorite of mine.

I would only use the Grow/Micro bottles right now as that's all she really needs at this point.

Hit with some CalMag+ Botanicare, Emerald Harvest both make decent ones. She's looking like she could use the extra nitrogen and magnesium.

Also what kind of water are you using and what's your watering/feeding schedule look like? Are you allowing the pot time to dry out a little? What kind of soil/media is that?

Latest posts

Top Bottom