• None!!

Votes: 7 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks guys for the honest report, independently of each and everyone taste i guess everyone agrees on the fact that tolerance build quick and they are low yielders probably two good reason for me to not grown them although i love grape taste.

C

CAPO

IMO...

1) urkel
2) GDP(got to have the right cut for this one to impress)
3)Grape ape

S

SkyHi

Doggie if you like the grape go for it ....i would go kens GDP or the royal cut ...i ve seen them yield decent...erkle vegs slo as hell

O

organic herbalist

the lavender what urkle is ment to be a pheno from is not somas lavender but a clone only cali strain called lavender. i love somas lavender but it tastes nothing at all like urkle/gdp or the cali lavender

D

Dubwobble

Soma's lavender tastes like the herb lavender. It is really stong herb.
But as stated it is not the clone only old school nor-cal lavender.

Anyways, if you want a good yielding grapey-purple, go for the Grape Ape. It yields quite well, and the purple starts in the buds instead of the leaves.

It tastes like grape candy.

You can get decent yields off of the GDP and the Urkle. Just do more plants per square meter, pre-veg, and train to single stems. I know people that do this and only run GDP. They tell me they get 1.5 per 1000.

Also, the best thing about the grapey-purples is that they will always sell even in times of a flood of weed. There are straight-up purple fiends out there.

B

bicycle racer

i would think someone would have mentioned gods gift thats one of the better purples available in california currently.

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

I have smoked GDP for over 5 years.
It gets me stupified every time. I have grown a couple Erkle cuts.
IMO the Erkle has nothing in potency compared to GDP.

I

ievolution

whattt... if u had the real urkle it should blow your gdp away.. once again gdp is watered down urkle to get a better yield from a plant that is infamous for a low yield.

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

whattt... if u had the real urkle it should blow your gdp away.. once again gdp is watered down urkle to get a better yield from a plant that is infamous for a low yield.

Do you have anything to back up this claim.
Have you grown both?
I have. And for years.
And I strongly disagree. The Erkle potency and flavor can not touch the GDP.
Plus the GDP yeilds about the same. Not more then the Erkle

R

Rabbi

1) Purple erkle
2) Kens GDP
..........99) regular GDP

Rabbi

First two pics are the shity GDP at harborside , BPG, and many other bayarea clubs. The Second set of pics is Kens GDP the difference between yeilds was GDP = 5OZ - Kens GDP 1.2 pounds. Same year same nuts same yard------ you decide!

0917091605b
0917091605a
0920091400a
S

SkyHi

Do you have anything to back up this claim.
Have you grown both?
I have. And for years.
And I strongly disagree. The Erkle potency and flavor can not touch the GDP.
Plus the GDP yeilds about the same. Not more then the Erkle

Dont want to start an arguement...IMHO Urkle is more potent than GDP...GDP is in fact a watered down erkel.
Erkel x big bud....i know big bud is not as potent as erkle so it was a yield move....GDP doesnt yield that much more than erkel if both are dialed, but erkles veg speed is what kills it, you can flower to identical size gdp erkle plants and get similar yields, but the erkle would have been vegged twice as long....that bitch crawls....i have to talked to several ppl about this including ken estes and i was once addicted to purple ANYTHING!!!!! until i tasted chems and kushes....

Rabbi i agree on your scale....but i would add the royal cut up there with kens

BC_Bud

BC_Bud

Premium Member
Supporter
Good to hear the positive feedback on the Urkle, can't wait to see what the Alien Kush did to the Urkle clone.

I grew a few plants of Deep Purple from Subcool, those were some of the slowest plants I ever grew. Got some Urkle x Bubblegum going now, these grew @ a normal rate, they are about to go to flower, can't wait to taste them! Thanks Raskal.

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

Well I will just keep smoking my watered down Erkle.LMAO
I do not need to argue my point. I have smoked and grown both for years.
And GDP is a improvement from the Erkle. Do you understand phenos. To say the Big bud gave the GDP the yeild but brought down the potency. Just sounds a bit newbish to me.
Recesive genes = multiple phenos.

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
on pics they look so close its hard to judge...I think they might be watered cuts around and better ones, that could explain a lot.

I know that some people pre98 bubba are away better than some other people pre98 bubba. It's depending on so many factors i wont be surprise if there is weaker cut of urkle or GDP around.

K

koolace

Well ive always enjoyed my gdp but it was very informative reading all your feedback and opinions.

OGReggieBUSH777

OGReggieBUSH777

It sound like asking if Kobe is better than Lebron... Hun had The GDP and it rocked me never grown it so cant speak on the yields... Soon will be able to work with the Urkel and check out the taste and yields... but damn thats GOOD Smoke!!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I`m growing out some of the Kin`s cut now of GDP.The GDP I`ve grown for years was a phino type of the Old Grand Dad grown here in Cali back in the 50`s.We`ll see how this newer GDP does inside and out. It looks a little different than the older stuff I`ve grown but not to much so far.Also have grown the Grape Ape but again it was a phino type of the Old Grand Dad also so will have to try to get ahold of this other Grape Ape going around to compare.Is that Grape Ape also an East Coast strain? I`ve never grown out the straight Urkle but the crosses I`ve grown were def not anything like the GDP I`ve grown. It was however very good.I`ll let you all know how the Kin`s cut stacks up to my GDP ,Grape Ape,and Old Grand Dad.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Oh forgot to ask what`s the flower time on the God`s gift anyway?

GrowBot

GrowBot

First I am not trying to stir the pot(no pun intended..lol) I like and respect all four of you that have responded so far...JMHO though urkle aint got shit on the "real gdp" again JMO but if you think urkle is tastier, heavier yielding, and more potent than you have not smoked or grown the true gdp....I have grown both(all cuts I acquired in cali through the years) and I"ve ran a few "diff" urkle cuts even, and it isnt even close in characteristics(JMO though) especially the claim of urkle being more potent... that in my experience is comical....Again boys Im not tryin to step on toes just throwin in my two cents....

Well I will just keep smoking my watered down Erkle.LMAO
I do not need to argue my point. I have smoked and grown both for years.
And GDP is a improvement from the Erkle. Do you understand phenos. To say the Big bud gave the GDP the yeild but brought down the potency. Just sounds a bit newbish to me.
Recesive genes = multiple phenos.

lol, you guys gotta be joking - urkel is way better than gdp. here is a link to my granddaddy purple thread. i got that bitch dialed in perfectly so you know its not my skills. urkel taste alot better the highs are similar but taste plays a big role on how i judge buds

Venom818

Venom818

neither-havent grown either but smoked both they suck i do like the urckle tastes yummy but thats about it I have the cut right here maybe ill trow it outside

Top Bottom