Purpling Stems?

• Thread starter KaptainKush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KaptainKush

KaptainKush

Im in need of some assistance. My stems have seemed to start Purpling near the top main branches and my new growth underneath seems to be coming in a burnt yellow and one of my plants isnt showing any purpling signs but what i believe is a potassium def maybe? I just got done flushing them a few weeks ago because i ran to soke N tox issues. I just fed them for the first time since the flush two days ago. Theyre in happy frog soil and im using GH flora nutes @ 5mls/gal. I alao have some liquid seaweed and calmag on hand but im dont wanna over do them again so i havent used them for about a month.

Purpling stems
Purpling stems 2
Purpling stems 3
Purpling stems 4
Purpling stems 5
Purpling stems 6
Purpling stems 7
Purpling stems 8
Purpling stems 9
Purpling stems 10
KaptainKush

KaptainKush

My tap water is 6.8-7.1. After i add the GH nutes ots around 6.3-6.5

KaptainKush

KaptainKush

Ive literally only fed them 3 times. Once i transplanted them and used nutes i got a toxicity and didnt use anything but water for like 3 weeks cause i wasnt sure what i was doing but i knew what i needed to do lol. Theyre 45 days from seed

KaptainKush

KaptainKush

Appreciate it guys. Im gonna up the nutes a bit on the Nitrogen/Cal/Mag side and see what happens

SpiderK

SpiderK

I have two durban thai highflyer's side by side guerrilla just entering flower that got very little nutes until near flower ....

Both the very same treatment and one is showing the very same purpling along the main stalk near the top and near the node's ...

So you could indeed being having issue's but the purple could just be genetics ....

Your environment not being dialed in can cause transpiration issues that cause stress and flash false warning sign's. So then you start adding nutes and the problem's worsen.

Almost all the time you can start limiting nutrients first and see how the plant acts with only water for a week or so.

KaptainKush

KaptainKush

Im growing White widow, blue Dream, jack herer and amnesia haze

SpiderK

SpiderK

How are your temp's and humidity how many fan's blowing on them , fresh air from outside ???

KaptainKush

KaptainKush

Temp stays between 75-85. Rh from 55-65%. Has a fan and 2 inline fans. One for exhaust one for fresh air from outside the tent

SpiderK

SpiderK

Every leaf should be moving every ten seconds or so from the fan's blowing on them or transpiration / boundry layer issue's ...

jackmyoffer, grow master, study the top guys and just look at pictures. How rooms are set up.

But the temps, humidity are good. So at least try the adding a fan or two then like you said run test on one.

And you can always have test plants going. Only test one thing at a time with the same clones and it will tell you whats working. Until your environment is dialed in.

KaptainKush

KaptainKush

Ill add another fan in there a little lower to get more movement from the plants. The fan in there now is for the passive heatsinks for the lights (cob style lighting)

SpiderK

SpiderK

That the issue .....

And swing your fresh air down with dryer venting into tent and have it discharge blowing on the plants.... at the bottom. Then pull air from the top / heat ..... without the fan's dead air has been sitting on the bottom. And the transpiration can't function.

And add two fan's down low and your gold'

KaptainKush

KaptainKush

This is the setup i have at the moment while im waiting for my other 5 cobs to come in and what not. Exhaust fan on top left.. Fresh air fan on bottom right. I added a regular house fan on the top right corner for the cobs that isn't pictured. To help u get a better idea of i have going on

Snapchat 2079794828
Leew421

Leew421

I would suggest using epsom salt and get biomin calcium. You have more control that way of those elements as opposed to cal-mag all in one.

Top Bottom