QB Build. 240w driver = 300w from wall?

• Thread starter PLantAsEED
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PLantAsEED

PLantAsEED

On my second grow with a set of diy QB132 with a meanwell HLG-240H-C1700 driver. After being tired of guising what level the light was being dimmed to I got a metedr and verified at the outlet. When I turned the light all the way up it registered at 299 watts. I turned it down to 225 watts. Is this normal, is it fine to run the light turned all the way up?

jaguarlax

jaguarlax

Supporter
On my second grow with a set of diy QB132 with a meanwell HLG-240H-C1700 driver. After being tired of guising what level the light was being dimmed to I got a metedr and verified at the outlet. When I turned the light all the way up it registered at 299 watts. I turned it down to 225 watts. Is this normal, is it fine to run the light turned all the way up?

Mine came from the factory running at 309 watts.. My understanding is they can be overdriven for more performance.. @MIGrampaUSA can prob explain better than I...

PLantAsEED

PLantAsEED

Mine came from the factory running at 309 watts.. My understanding is they can be overdriven for more performance.. @MIGrampaUSA can prob explain better than I...
Thanks. Wasn't sure if this was the case or if I wired things incorectly. I would assume that the more that the boards are over driven the shorter their lifespan would be?

jaguarlax

jaguarlax

Supporter
Thanks. Wasn't sure if this was the case or if I wired things incorectly. I would assume that the more that the boards are over driven the shorter their lifespan would be?
yup that would be my guess too.

Top Bottom