Quantum Board Opinions

• Thread starter Smoking Gun
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Farmer P

Farmer P

for me most all the stuff I see is like that there looking to give me a quote cause my # is a company.....
How does the conversation go? I give you 1 light 599 dolla. No, I'll give you 40 US dollars. No cheapest I go is 150. No I'll give you 45. Cheapest I go is 100 final offer. No I'll give you 60. No I no make money, cheapest I go 90 dolla. I'll give you 80. OK deal. My kids no eat but I give you 80.
This coming from Vicky (fake name), With the 19 dollar suck you in starting price (fake price), But sure you are going to get top bin samsung diodes. Ja,ja,ja. More like bottom bin shenzen knockoff diodes lol. I think it's acceptable in their culture to rip people off, and actually expected. Some countries not only is it acceptable to pay bribes it is also expected and normal. Think about it.
I'm not saying you haven't gotten great deals, but that may be your negotiating skills. How many suckers paid 599?

BigCube

BigCube

How does the conversation go? I give you 1 light 599 dolla. No, I'll give you 40 US dollars. No cheapest I go is 150. No I'll give you 45. Cheapest I go is 100 final offer. No I'll give you 60. No I no make money, cheapest I go 90 dolla. I'll give you 80. OK deal. My kids no eat but I give you 80.
This coming from Vicky (fake name), With the 19 dollar suck you in starting price (fake price), But sure you are going to get top bin samsung diodes. Ja,ja,ja. More like bottom bin shenzen knockoff diodes lol. I think it's acceptable in their culture to rip people off, and actually expected. Some countries not only is it acceptable to pay bribes it is also expected and normal. Think about it.
I'm not saying you haven't gotten great deals, but that may be your negotiating skills. How many suckers paid 599?

Not sure what light you're talking about. But from everything I looked at from kingbrite, they are reasonably priced.

How much would a comparable fixture cost from spyder ir HLG?

707finisher

707finisher

My lady said maybe she will chip in on a good led. What’s the difference between the kingbrite v4 UV IR and the v2&3?
Looking at buying 2 single boards one for veg one for flower, figure the IR/UV be good for flower, thinking a cheaper older version one would be fine for veg tent. I’m not ready to get rid of my 400 hps yet, probably need a 3 board set for a 2x4 with potentiometer?
To replace the 400 and the 300 viparspectra

Farmer P

Farmer P

The small$ - big$ amounts on alibaba are supposed to be bulk pricing. The more you buy, the closer you get to the cheap price. I'm sure he knows that... I hope he knows that 🤣
Yeah, I know they are a wholesaler. I really dig the lights that you guys have been putting up, I just don't like confusing advertising. And as far as knock off diodes, they may be better than the samsungs. I have been through at least 5 $110 motorcycle batteries from autozone because I let them drain down to nothing and they won't charge again. So I thought I'll buy a better one and paid $160 for a top of the line gel battery. Same shit. Died the first time I let it sit for a month without riding. So I'm at my friends house and telling him the story and he says I paid 10 dollars for mine and it have let it drain like that multiple times. I really didn't believe him so he brought me out to his garage and showed me his motorcycle was dead as could be. We put the charger on and in an hour it fired up without the charger hooked up. WOW!!! I bought a 10 dollar battery and sure enough it was better than the 110 dollar and the 160 dollar gel. Go figure. I sold that bike and when my new bike needed a new battery, guess which one I got lol. I have had it 4 years now. (the $10 one)
I hate buying a car too. I paid 14 thousand for my car brand new. A girl at my work was telling me what a good deal she got on hers.. She paid 20 thousand for the same car. OUCH!! I didn't tell her how much I paid.

Farmer P

Farmer P

Just an FYI. I used to have a re-sale license and have bought thousands of items wholesale. When you buy from a wholesaler they will always ask you for your re-sale number. If you do not have one they will not sell to you. So if these alibabl people are selling items as a wholesaler without a re-sale number I don't know how they are getting away with it. So likely they know the rules and are breaking them which is causing you to break the law. I doubt you will get caught though.

Farmer P

Farmer P

I have a theory as to why the cheap 10 dollar Chinese batteries beat the American ones.

basscaptain

basscaptain

Morning all

Buzz hope this keybroad is fix if not i'll change it out lol.....
been talking to Vicky this morning, linked this to her, so they maybe trolling around for a few... lol

She seen that I asked about that other light......

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

It's going to make a big difference how reflective your walls are. I run a hlg 600. I can run just a bit over half at about 24" in a 4x4 probably about 400 watts. That's with CO2 and at about 75k lux. That's about 25w/sq ft.

If I was in an open room with a higher hanging height I could max it no problem for the same space. But I'm positive in a tent with reflective walls it would have no issues maxing out a 5x5 in lighting.

Reflective walls and distance are going to be the key.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Just a question for you led guys running higher watts like 50w/sq ft. Do you run them maxed out and at what height? Reflective walls?
Also which boards?

I'm just trying to figure out why I have such a different experience.

MarsHydroLED

MarsHydroLED

Premium Member
Supporter
Just an FYI, Many Alibaba stores offer a range of prices, which can vary depending quantities of your order, most of Alibaba's customers are wholesalers, or commercial growers, or customers who asked the customized spectrum light. They won't give you the wholesale price, if you can't prove your true identity, it's normal.
And most Alibaba price is the EXW price, not including freight, because most companies don't have warehouses in other countries. And the customers come from different counties, can't calculate the shipping cost in advance.
Therefore, when you order on Alibaba, firstly notice the highest price of the same products in the store. This price is close to its true price, then check the shipping cost on some Express company website, just for your reference, notice it's not including the tax. Then you can negotiate the price with the sellers.😎

Also, MarsHydro Alibaba store, because the customers are in different regions and some of the customers are located in locations without warehouses, we need to increase the freight to the destination (the freight is related to the order quantity, the destination, the courier company.etc), so the final transaction price will be different from the marked price at store.
For the USA, CA, AU, RU, EU customers(we have warehosues), order on the website directly, that's the final price, including the shipping cost and the tax. Also, don't forget the thcfarmers special discount code"THC", save some cash 😊

Last edited:
MarsHydroLED

MarsHydroLED

Premium Member
Supporter
Purchased it for a 5 x 5. It comes with a dimmer. I have high hopes. I'll also have a lot of questions. Once I pop my seeds, I'll be using ebb and flow buckets for my first grow in 30 yrs.
5x5 area? 2pcs 250w, total 500w? this light is really cost-effective. how about their par value?
I see many farmers start to use the light, how's their work? We had never heard of this company before, got our attention🧐

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Purchased it for a 5 x 5. It comes with a dimmer. I have high hopes. I'll also have a lot of questions. Once I pop my seeds, I'll be using ebb and flow buckets for my first grow in 30 yrs.
Awesome I think you will do well with it. The 2 boards will give ya better spread and allow you to keep em a bit closer without sacrificing the spread. That will help ya on the intensity.

Top Bottom