Quantum Board Opinions

• Thread starter Smoking Gun
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BigCube

BigCube

nothing on the red.... don't get hot at 20w at all.. I have room were they don't touch the alum so air moves though....

I use 2inch screws run them 90% to the strip them screw to the alum..then cut the end off.... that way they hang down

that link is sweet those can just go into a can light...ty

Yeah I bought one yesterday, came same day Amazon prime 🤣 havent played with it yet. But figured as a bulb it would be easy to move around to ither tents and stuff. If it works I'll buy a few more. If not, I'll try the boards 😀

basscaptain

basscaptain

Yeah I bought one yesterday, came same day Amazon prime 🤣 havent played with it yet. But figured as a bulb it would be easy to move around to ither tents and stuff. If it works I'll buy a few more. If not, I'll try the boards 😀
I think you have a winner there... good move......

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

[QUOTE = "Saint John, post: 2326606, medlem: 107122"]
Er nogen fortrolig med dette ledlys?

Spider Farmer SF-4000 HI JOHN IF YOU BAY IN USA THE PRICE ARE 1000$ IF YOU LOOKING ON ALIBABA CAN YOU BAY SAME SPIDER 4000 TO 400$ AND SHIPPING 100$ 95% A ALL LED GROW LIGHT ARE MADE IN CHINA AND ALL CAN BAY ON ALIBABA AND YOU CAN TRUST AFTER ONE WEEK YOU HAVE YOUR LIGHT I CALL FROM DENMARK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP YOU CAN CALL ME I HAVE MANY COMPANY YOU CAN TRUST AND HAVE THE BEST LIGHT BEST REGARDS HENNING

Er det prisen værd, eller er der en bedre mulighed?
[/CITERE]
Hockey Puck!
The SF-4000 is $549 all day long! <USA Ebay and many others!>

707finisher

707finisher

I just ordered 240w kingbrite lm301h with IR and UV in 4K for my flower room, have a hps already. The enhanced spectrum of my burple really helped my seedlings in the flower room, hoping the qb will be way better.

707finisher

707finisher

Ordered it this morning, I’ll post when-if lol it gets here and take pics of the unboxing. They were super easy to work with. It was a little weird at first, but these guys sell so much stuff, and they are trying to build a good reputation by providing good products reasonably priced. I felt good about it b true time the transaction was done. For multiple items and different quantities a simple message and you get anything you need.

NuggetPawn

NuggetPawn

IR is said to raise leaf temps due to the lack of heat put off by LED lights vs HID. It’s used in mostly burple lights. The simple fix for that is to raise the ambient temp of the room through regulation which in turn raises leaf temp for proper transpiration.
IR is over 750nm wavelengths, these new IR diodes are 730nm so don’t generate heat like you think they do. The sun generates IR across a broad spectrum, the 730nm IR is part of a wave length that has very good leaf penetration. For example; IR at 730nm tricks lettuce grown indoors into thinking it’s in the shade, which increases its leaf mass (desirable as we eat it). The reason it thinks it’s in the shade is because a higher concentration of IR below 750nm passes through leaves in trees/foliage above it.

There are some studies that are now looking at the relationship between % of 700-750nm wavelengths vs height of plants and how broad their leaves become. Early indications suggest there is a correlation.

When winter is coming and the suns light has to travel through a larger volume of air, wavelengths are slightly stretched out as they pass through the atmosphere which causes a small shift to the longer wavelengths, producing higher concentrations of red, far red light, and IR which is why there is evidence this gives flowering hormones a solid signal after flip and reduces ‘first sign of pistols’ by a couple days.

While the jury is out on whether these diodes are worth the money, if you go get a unit, try to get one where you can switch off the IR separately, so you have a bit more control.

maximusluminous

maximusluminous

IR is over 750nm wavelengths, these new IR diodes are 730nm so don’t generate heat like you think they do. The sun generates IR across a broad spectrum, the 730nm IR is part of a wave length that has very good leaf penetration. For example; IR at 730nm tricks lettuce grown indoors into thinking it’s in the shade, which increases its leaf mass (desirable as we eat it). The reason it thinks it’s in the shade is because a higher concentration of IR below 750nm passes through leaves in trees/foliage above it.

There are some studies that are now looking at the relationship between % of 700-750nm wavelengths vs height of plants and how broad their leaves become. Early indications suggest there is a correlation.

When winter is coming and the suns light has to travel through a larger volume of air, wavelengths are slightly stretched out as they pass through the atmosphere which causes a small shift to the longer wavelengths, producing higher concentrations of red, far red light, and IR which is why there is evidence this gives flowering hormones a solid signal after flip and reduces ‘first sign of pistols’ by a couple days.

While the jury is out on whether these diodes are worth the money, if you go get a unit, try to get one where you can switch off the IR separately, so you have a bit more control.
you never want IR or UV diodes in your fixture, why? because IR & UV diodes only last 1/3rd of the time that 660nm & white diodes last so your fixture will be toast in a 3rd of the time that a fixtures with no UV & IR diodes will last.. so any IR or UV diodes should be on their own boards with their own power supplies thus when they go bad you can just replace those boards rather than your whole fixture

NuggetPawn

NuggetPawn

you never want IR or UV diodes in your fixture, why? because IR & UV diodes only last 1/3rd of the time that 660nm & white diodes last so your fixture will be toast in a 3rd of the time that a fixtures with no UV & IR diodes will last.. so any IR or UV diodes should be on their own boards with their own power supplies thus when they go bad you can just replace those boards rather than your whole fixture
Having UV diodes is almost pointless anyway, far better CFL fixtures that pump out a broader band of UVB and UVA. Of which I have in my grow room. I was not recommending people buy rigs with these diodes on them, but if they wanted to, it’s better to have switchable ones...

BigCube

BigCube

Having UV diodes is almost pointless anyway, far better CFL fixtures that pump out a broader band of UVB and UVA. Of which I have in my grow room. I was not recommending people buy rigs with these diodes on them, but if they wanted to, it’s better to have switchable ones...

I feel the same about reds. Add them in supplementary, to use them when you need them, not all the time.

NuggetPawn

NuggetPawn

BTW, if you guys wanna see some interesting videos on YouTube, search for Apogee Instruments Cannabis 101, found it earlier today and it’s really interesting. Few other light focused videos too.

BigDannel

BigDannel

When you guys order from Alibaba do you pay an extra tax on it or how does that work?

BigDannel

BigDannel

I dont. In canada they use DHS. DHS charges a 20ish dollar fee sometimes. Once they did, once they didn't. Who knows why.

Thanks. I just looked into it a bit more and looks like each country sets a tax-free amount, for the USA it's $800, so no import tax unless the items are declared more than $800.

Cadydid420

Cadydid420

Here I'm on my phone...
Anyways that video is going to mess me up I think.. but I'm done playing put light's together anyway

Here is uv on
And off

There u go
Is the blue and green paper hanging from ur lights for insects or are those charts of some sort?

Last edited:
Cadydid420

Cadydid420

I just purchased the following:
Not to be nosey, but why do you use paypal for kingbrite purchases? Is it because of insurance or does it help with warranty? I know alibaba charges around 2% or 2.8% for credit card fees.

BigCube

BigCube

Not to be nosey, but why do you use paypal for kingbrite purchases? Is it because of insurance or does it help with warranty? I know alibaba charges around 2% or 2.8% for credit card fees.

I put absolutely nothing on credit. I dont even own a normal credit card.

That being said, I also like protecting things like visa card numbers. Not entering them in to websites. I see no benefit of using CC over paypal. And I see potential for abuse, so why risk it for no gain at all?

Cadydid420

Cadydid420

I put absolutely nothing on credit. I dont even own a normal credit card.

That being said, I also like protecting things like visa card numbers. Not entering them in to websites. I see no benefit of using CC over paypal. And I see potential for abuse, so why risk it for no gain at all?
I was going to use my bank debit card. Is that a big No No. Never ordered before from alibaba

BigCube

BigCube

I was going to use my bank debit card. Is that a big No No. Never ordered before from alibaba
Not a big no no. But a bit of protection and piece of mind using PayPal. How many times have you heard of big corporations getting hacked for all their client billing info. Just another step of security. It costs almost nothing.

AngmohGrowz

AngmohGrowz

Basscaptain,

I'm within days of ordering lights from Kingbrite. I'd love your input.

I have one 4x4 grow tent for both veg and flower. At first I was leaning towards the 600w w55 strips, but am now leaning towards 3 x 240w QB with possible supplemental lighting. I could get the UV on the boards, or get an independent 30w UV strip. I could do the same with the reds, or have reds on the boards + extra reds. If I do go with 3 boards, should I stick with 3500 or 3000? Mix it? Mabye 2 x 3000k and 1 x 3500k (would only really need to run 1 board the first few weeks).

I just emailed vicky how much it would cost to get 4 x 240w qb put on 2 x 480h drivers. I'm thinking this may save some money on the drivers, allowing for the extra board.

Lets say my budget is $700. What would you buy?

direless

direless

Im looking at boards with on off switches for UV and IR as well as dimmers. I am also considering adding a coating to protect them from the high humidity it is a spray or dip of the boards. I have some of the 288's that have lost a couple of strings within the boards due to moisture. any thoughts on the coating?

Top Bottom