Quantum Board Opinions

• Thread starter Smoking Gun
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OdlaFett

OdlaFett

Guys, I been a HPS grower my whole life but want to switch to LED. I got a 7x7 feet area or 2x2 meters I want to cover with light. What would u recommend, I want to invest around 1000$. Was looking at the the spider farmer and mars hydro lights but spiderfarmer seems to draw less watts which is important for me

OdlaFett

OdlaFett

Guys, I been a HPS grower my whole life but want to switch to LED. I got a 7x7 feet area or 2x2 meters I want to cover with light. What would u recommend, I want to invest around 1000$. Was looking at the the spider farmer and mars hydro lights but spiderfarmer seems to draw less watts which is important for me
Or make that 6x6 feet. If i was to use HPS i be looking at about 4x400w HPS meaning 1600w but i know it would be much less with LED

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Personally, I would take the Spider Farmer over Mars..(They are Meizhi) BUT........

Read here..we just got finished helping a few HPS guys buy some LEDs direct from China.

BigCube

BigCube

In a 7x7 you would need like 1800w of led.

Something like 6 of these:

Or 4 of these (better):

Moshmen

Moshmen

Man glad to get away from that mars thread so negative! Anyhow most of those guys are bias ! Buzzer here though, he the man !

basscaptain

basscaptain

3400ma? If I accidentally turn it all the way up will it blow the board?
sry I was busy..

I was told not to worry so much with ma..........
I was told to worry about the w and c

so if i want to run

3 x 20w far reds = 60
2 x 90 w 2700k strips = 180
240w @ 24V.......

so I need a driver to push that........
so if I run a Driver pushing 180w 24v@3400 the 3400 Don't mean shit..... cause I'm not even there.....

Now If I'm wrong PLEASE Info me..... Cause I don't know everything ... even though I tell/act like I do

basscaptain

basscaptain

I would have a 3 of these

3 of these 3500k......

and I would add 6 of these

running of 2 of these

think your close to a grand.

basscaptain

basscaptain

I have 1 tent set up like this so I just X 3 for the amount....... it's in a 3x3 tent so you will Have MORE then Needed.................................

also I push 1 far red strip that is 18-24w , with a 30w driver with no problems so what I'm doing is working......

Last edited:
OdlaFett

OdlaFett

I would have a 3 of these

3 of these 3500k......

and I would add 6 of these

running of 2 of these

think your close to a grand.
Ty man I look into it! The only thing I dont like about it is I would be drawing more power than if i just put 4x 400w or 3x600w hps. The whole wanting to change thing for me was I thought i would be saving on the powerdraw

basscaptain

basscaptain

im'm running my stuff maybe 65% except for the far red........

in a 7x7 I think you really could run 2 of each and have it covered.....

me I would have the extra since you said you had the money.. and set it up.. run lower... everything will last longer and if something goes out... you just turn your shit up and keep that azz rolling.................................

OdlaFett

OdlaFett

im'm running my stuff maybe 65% except for the far red........

in a 7x7 I think you really could run 2 of each and have it covered.....

me I would have the extra since you said you had the money.. and set it up.. run lower... everything will last longer and if something goes out... you just turn your shit up and keep that azz rolling.................................
Ohh I see what your saying, didnt know it was dimmable thought everyon ran their shit at 100%. So u meant 2 in the 3000K and 2 in the 3500k spectrum?

basscaptain

basscaptain

I run the the uv for a hr or 2 in the am then again at night, so that why the far red they run the whole clcye they HELP.... Hands Down you need to run extra red.....

Latest posts

Top Bottom