Quantum Boards

• Thread starter hawkman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hawkman

up- grading led's was thinkng about the Visprar 700 Watt led - adjustable red, blue, white spectrum ,ect Now considering getting quantrum boards from Budget Led for a 450 watt board for $249.00 (+/-) have heard nothing but good concerning them. any one use QB's ?think there is a company called HLG that makes boards also ?

Moshmen

Moshmen

up- grading led's was thinkng about the Visprar 700 Watt led - adjustable red, blue, white spectrum ,ect Now considering getting quantrum boards from Budget Led for a 450 watt board for $249.00 (+/-) have heard nothing but good concerning them. any one use QB's ?think there is a company called HLG that makes boards also ?
I’m looking to upgrade as well, if you surf around thru the threads you find some greT information ! Hlg boards seem to be mentioned a lot and the hlg 600 will prolly be my next purchase

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
To be honest, genuine QB's are only made and sold through HLG and a couple sister sites. All others are a knockoff of HLG's Quantum Boards. A buddy of mine ordered through alibaba and had a driver fail and has to pay shipping and paypal fees back now to have it replaced.

Moshmen

Moshmen

To be honest, genuine QB's are only made and sold through HLG and a couple sister sites. All others are a knockoff of HLG's Quantum Boards. A buddy of mine ordered through alibaba and had a driver fail and has to pay shipping and paypal fees back now to have it replaced.
I hear HLG is a pain in the ass to work with but they do honor there warranty. At least that’s what I hear. Lol

BloodShot

BloodShot

Was it a Meanwell driver?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I’m looking to upgrade as well, if you surf around thru the threads you find some greT information ! Hlg boards seem to be mentioned a lot and the hlg 600 will prolly be my next purchase
Got mine here found it to be the cheapest. Putting together is sooo simple not worth the fee.

Moshmen

Moshmen

I’ll be putting mine together as well . I’m still couple months away from purchase ! But already pretty excited ! And who knows price may come down a bit

420baby

420baby

I was using the Mars SP250 for a few grows. It is a good choice for budget growers like me.

H2OJ28

H2OJ28

Got mine here found it to be the cheapest. Putting together is sooo simple not worth the fee.

think this is too big for 4x4 closet?
im considering it or the one with 2 boards.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

think this is too big for 4x4 closet?
im considering it or the one with 2 boards.
It's Definitely more than enough I run mine in a 4x4 sealed room with CO2 but it come with a potentiometer so you can run it from 60w to 620w. Imo it's perfect for a 4x4 and will do a 5x5.

H2OJ28

H2OJ28

It's Definitely more than enough I run mine in a 4x4 sealed room with CO2 but it come with a potentiometer so you can run it from 60w to 620w. Imo it's perfect for a 4x4 and will do a 5x5.
right on. I would rather have too much and have to turn down anyway. It's a nice light. I think I want one. Thanks!

H

hawkman

sorry made a mistake about the wattage fo the QB I said 450 that was wrong it's 250 watts instead have the driver mounted on the board I'm get a 8 foot driver cord so I can place the "meanwell"l driver out side tent'/room this will help in keeping temps cooler in grow area, they have flower ,/ veg/ full cycle board varies wattages

H

hawkman

Thanks to the recommendations of @Aqua Man I returned my Viparspectra and bought an HLG 100 V2 from Amazon for 149.00. I LOVE it. I am so much happier with it and so are my plants. I'll be pairing it with a Growmau5 Far Red Initiator puck very shortly. Buy HLG if you can!
glad you found alight that works for you Budget Led's their series 2 red spectrum 260 watts with 7 gallon air-pots Have heard good things about HLG also - glad I found QB's / Great White is hard to beat check out "Extreme Gardening.com for additional Michrroiza products

Last edited:
H2OJ28

H2OJ28

Most of the 550 v2s are sold out. Have you seen the spider farmers 4000? I'm looking at it. Seems really close to the quantum boards and is slightly cheaper. Or does anyone have experience with this light? For 600 bucks it damn better work. Lol..

NotaRasta

NotaRasta

Just bought so qb's from hlg. Havent got them setup yet. While i was looking a found this site. Their stuff looks pretty good and the price is alittle better.

Top Bottom