Quantum Boards

• Thread starter patchgrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

heisen

I will say these drivers run way cooler at 220,My drivers on 110 would heat up like oven but on 220 i can put my hand on them no problem.

sixstring

sixstring

thats not the same driver i mentioned but it will work,at half the brightness.ok now i see the driver specs are correct but they used the wrong picture,amazon lol.this ones dimmable if your into that sort of thing :cool:
https://www.rapidled.com/mean-well-hlg-240h-c2100b/
cheaper as well as the proper picture lol. the driver will work fine on 110-120v and you could wire more than 1 driver to a single plug end.for 120v i wouldnt go over 750w total for all drivers combined per cord. i do 1000-1200w per cord @ 240v all the time

sixstring

sixstring

I will say these drivers run way cooler at 220,My drivers on 110 would heat up like oven but on 220 i can put my hand on them no problem.
some of that is the specific driver you choose and also how maxed out you run them.he will be leaving voltage on the table so that 240w driver will run fine at 120v. but yeah i have a 4 cob bar with veros im running at 120v and that driver gets so hot ya cant barely touch the fucker

H

heisen

some of that is the specific driver you choose and also how maxed out you run them.he will be leaving voltage on the table so that 240w driver will run fine at 120v. but yeah i have a 4 cob bar with veros im running at 120v and that driver gets so hot ya cant barely touch the fucker
I think its the amp draw.I know the driver will draw half the amps at 240V compared to 110.Im not 100 percent on that but i know you can put more drivers on a controller thats running 240.I have 2 of my cob setups in the room on 240 and 1 still on 110 and the 240s are noticeably cooler.the cobs themselves are the same.No difference in heat just the drivers.My digital ballast were the same way.They run alot cooler on 240.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Thanks Root! How is it in flower?
Love them! 2 fixtures lets me keep shorter plants under one fixture and taller ones under the other if I have a uneven canopy running seeds for the first time not knowing there stretch % yet.

WhtChocolate

WhtChocolate

Love them! 2 fixtures lets me keep shorter plants under one fixture and taller ones under the other if I have a uneven canopy running seeds for the first time not knowing there stretch % yet.

Thanks for the reply. How close can you run them? Sorry for all the questions just trying to maximize efficiency since I have some height restrictions.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
This plant on the left from seed was 8" from the qb board with no ill effects. I did turn it down to 200 watts also. Cant see the other fixture thats above the plant on the right. I usually keep the light 16"-18" from the canopy but ran out of headspace above the sativa.
IMG 1498

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Thanks for the reply. How close can you run them? Sorry for all the questions just trying to maximize efficiency since I have some height restrictions.
Dont hesitate to ask questions. I asked @sixstring a 100,000 questions when swithching to cobs and qb boards, lol. I owe him for all his help, so i am trying to answer some questions. Sixstring has some badass cob/qb hybrids builds.

WhtChocolate

WhtChocolate

This plant on the left from seed was 8" from the qb board with no ill effects. I did turn it down to 200 watts also. Cant see the other fixture thats above the plant on the right. I usually keep the light 16"-18" from the canopy but ran out of headspace above the sativa.
View attachment 828111
Much appreciated root. Looking great! I’d be very pleased to have results like that. You’re not making this easy. Haha

WhtChocolate

WhtChocolate

LOL, why? What size area are you trying to light?

I’ve done so much fucking research it’s Paralysis by analysis.
2X4X6+. I was set on the VERO29SE but recently researching QBs. I can only run 2-3 plants a time so trying to maximize quality and production.

Top Bottom