quantum digital ballasts

• Thread starter pimpin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

tomsawyer

Yeah GGL - No fan, sealed ballast. Humboldt - high humidity. Can't use ballasts with cooling fans here.

SurfdOut

SurfdOut

Yep, just bought one yesterday($475..island prices!)....Go GGL! I have been running GGL's T5s and like them ...

G

Golden_Child

4x 1000w 2010 Ballast Of Year

What Can I Say. I Love Them. :icon_animal26:
I Just Got These Four Love Machines Up. :cash:cash:cash:cash They Are All Virgins :makeup Seriously. Mind Blowing Results :rauch08:

- Golden_Child

SDC10428
SDC10430

also, I have not experienced any RF interference from my wireless or ph meters.

my understanding is that the board is encased in epoxy so not sure how humidity would be an issue.

i really like the fact that the quantum's don't have that gimmicky super lumens b.s.

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
I love mine I have 4 1000 and they work great and my fans are silent I also have 6 600 watt lumateks there good but I like the quantum better the 1000 watt quantum weighs less than a 600 watt lumatek it's crazy

the fans aren't whisper quiet, but it is ridiculous to think that it is nosier than your inline fans, oscillating fans, pumps, etc. it is definitely cooler, brighter, and quieter than my coil ballast.

my question is why other manufacturers aren't putting fans on theirs? cooler operation means longer life.

What Can I Say. I Love Them. :icon_animal26:
I Just Got These Four Love Machines Up. :cash:cash:cash:cash They Are All Virgins :makeup Seriously. Mind Blowing Results :rauch08:

- Golden_Child

I have to be honest, you picked THE WORST way to run your ballasts. one ballast feeding the heat to the next ballast. run them next to each other, and if you can, take a piece of wood and mound the ends off the board so that you get airflow under the ballast.

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Have a 600w dimmable and love it!

Cheers,
Crom

G

Golden_Child

Thanks 1971

I have to be honest, you picked THE WORST way to run your ballasts. one ballast feeding the heat to the next ballast. run them next to each other, and if you can, take a piece of wood and mound the ends off the board so that you get airflow under the ballast.

Thank You Very Much 1971 For Looking Out. Not Running Them Yet Just Put Them All Up Together For The Pics But Its Great That You're Ready To Help Your Fellow Farmers. <passes 1971 The Bong> :bong2:
- Golden_Child

aeroman

aeroman

quantum's are made in china but are probably designed in the states.

They're just like nearly every other ballast on the market. A US distributor calls a Chinese manufacturer and says, "make me a ballast to these specs, paint it this color, yadda, yadda" and that's it.

They're not different. They're not better or worse. They're all basically the same on the inside.

The only ballast I know of that was actually designed, tested, modified and such in the US is AN's Baddass Ballast. They have a lot of industry firsts in their ballasts, such as they're the ONLY ballast on the market that claims to run both HPS and MH bulbs (not just strike them, but run them).

Interestingly, the Quantum ballast is actually the predecessor to the Baddass. The guys who started Amerinada (who distributes the Quantum) actually did all the work to start their company while working for AN, then stole all the deals and a ton of merchandise and started their own company.

The Baddass is what happens when you hand a Quantum to a electronics expert and ask him to redesign it from the ground up, but the right way instead of the cheap Chinese way.

a ton of merchandise? their are only a couple products that quantum markets. if they ripped AN off, I can live with that as AN has ripped all of us off with their B.S.

if it is designed in the U.S. and built in china, it is simply built inexpensively, and something a lot of companies do. if it is built to the design, all should be ok. to imply chinese made products are cheap in the way you mean is quite silly.

for the most part AN products are overpriced, often times inferior, but first class when it comes to slick marketing.

aeroman

aeroman

Quantum doesn't make anything. Amerinada sells a line of ballasts called "Quantum".

It's like Kenmore. Sears sells Kenmore. Sears doesn't make Kenmore, they buy appliances from actual manufacturers and pay them to slap a Kenmore badge on them.

Amerinada is like the other ballast sellers out there that call up a Chinese manufacturer, tell them "we want a ballast that puts out X amount of wattage at Y frequency, paint it this color and use these graphics on it". That's it.

They're not even designed in the US. They literally call a manufacturer in China and buy an off-the-shelf design.

The guys that started Amerinada were distributors for Advanced Nutrients. So when I say they stole a bunch of merchandise I mean they stole a bunch of AN's stuff. They ordered a couple million dollars of nutrients and never paid for it. AN even took them to court over it but they cried poverty and AN got a tiny amount of the money back.

Regardless of whether you hate AN, it's naive to consider anyone stealing from anyone a good thing. When people steal from a store it drives the prices up because the store still has to pay the employees, the electric bill, and all the rest of the overhead. They have to make a certain amount of money just to stay in business, so if someone steals a couple million in merchandise they have to raise the price of what's on the shelves or risk going out of business. You're complaining about the price while praising an obvious cause of the price going up.

Furthermore, it's like the "other woman" mental problem. The "other woman" never seems to realize that if he'll cheat on his wife with you, he'll damn sure cheat on you too.

If Amerinada doesn't have a problem stealing from someone, they wouldn't have a problem stealing from you.

Look at the problem they have with their wall fans that short out and start fires. Clearly they don't care whether they make anything of even basic quality levels. If any of their products are actually good it's probably more by accident than anything else. They're out to make a quick buck and they don't care who they screw to get it.

i fully condone stealing from AN as they have been ripping off the consumer for years with their over hyped B.S. :)

and do you have proof they ripped them off? seems like hearsay without some proof.

P

PuraVida305

I just ordered 2 10 ballast 20 reflector flip box's and 2 dpc-15000td-60a controllers. I will post some pic's of the internals when i get a chance. I know the quantums are good and have a 3yr no hassle warranty.

i'd be curious to see how the flip boxes are designed inside so we could DIY in the future. although the cost of a flip versus another ballast isn't that much different but the wear and tear on the one ballast is a lot

good point.

what kind of prices are you paying for 400w quantums? seems like they are more expensive than 600's

Top Bottom