Quantum flower tent lighting upgrade v2 + red and far red

• Thread starter Mr.jiujitsu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
If anyone cares the diy cost to build as it stands is 685$. Including digital multimeter displays and external potentiometers, frame... everything. 375w of 2700k+300w of 3000k+100w of red=775w from the wall of precision grow lighting 🙏🙏🙏 that’s .88$ a watt 🔥🔥🔥🔥✌🏻
How much area does this setup cover?

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

Update: so I modded the Presto unit with pretty good results. I did get a HerbsNow unit for reference when testing. If there are interest I can start a DIY thread......

The HerbsNow unit is pretty nice, and the trays are, much nicer since the middle pops out......

The Presto works but the mod required some rewiring to accommodate the new controller.....depending on the users skill level it may not be feasible.....its a AC circuit...stats below.

HerbsNow uses 500 watts of power and the Presto unit uses 750 watts of power.

I removed the Presto controller completely and replaced with a STC-1000 controller. With some additional modding you could get the controller to mount flush. In the pics, I just secured the controller for testing.

The STC1000 offers a nice set of programming parameters....two relays allow for separate controls to the fan and heating element.

I dialed back the Presto unit to as low as 72F and didn't really see a need to go any lower.....

IMG 20200119 084402
IMG 20200119 172618
Chiroman

Chiroman

Isn't 17% of 20% 3.4%? so 23.4% is a 17% gain? That seems significant

This is the same as the info in ed rosenthals book from the 90’s.

And i wish these companies would stop “exagerating” by saying 17%. If the strain was 20% its gain was 3.5%. 23.5% total for example.

Still excellent info thanks!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Isn't 17% of 20% 3.4%? so 23.4% is a 17% gain? That seems significant

I guess if you are paid according to thc percentage 20% is worth less than 23.4%. No need for padded numbers. We learned that in sales for negotiating. Its how we say stuff that triggers emotion.

basscaptain

basscaptain

Update: so I modded the Presto unit with pretty good results. I did get a HerbsNow unit for reference when testing. If there are interest I can start a DIY thread......

The HerbsNow unit is pretty nice, and the trays are, much nicer since the middle pops out......

The Presto works but the mod required some rewiring to accommodate the new controller.....depending on the users skill level it may not be feasible.....its a AC circuit...stats below.

I removed the Presto controller completely and replaced with a STC-1000 controller. With some additional modding you could get the controller to mount flush. In the pics, I just secured the controller for testing.

The STC1000 offers a nice set of programming parameters....two relays allow for separate controls to the fan and heating element.

I dialed back the Presto unit to as low as 72F and didn't really see a need to go any lower.....
yes please do that's the same controller I got/ well that maybe a cheaper one 7-10 but it's the same thc-1000 ... I ended up buy the ink birbs for 15 not 7$$$$ but anyways Please put up a Post...

TY

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

I like please post your DIy and link here

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

The Inkbird is better for sure! The Inkbird will display the temp in Celsius and Fahrenheit, the generic cheaper ones only displays temp in Celsius..... Annoying!!

I would also recommend the controllers that have duel sensors, and adding a 3rd relay would be good for additional control.

I'm building a version 2, that has all the above, and trying to keep total cost below 85$

I'll start a thread in the DIY forum to include both mods in the near future.

Latest posts

Top Bottom