Quantum Light Flower Tent Build

• Thread starter Mr.jiujitsu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

I'd drop that light about 4" if you can keep those temps in check. What are you reading on the light level temps wise?

How high would you recommend from the tops? The picture may be deseaving and I’ll measure when they turn on

Toaster79

Toaster79

How high would you recommend from the tops? The picture may be deseaving and I’ll measure when they turn on

I'd try as close to the tallest bud as possible without having any ill effects. 10" for starters then go lower an inch every day and stop within 4" from the tallest. The plant below the trellis back right would certainly do better.

Toaster79

Toaster79

I only vegged under my quantums and plants started bitching within 2". Im runnig 96 chip boards at approx 25W (260mW/chip) and had no air circulation and no temp control but I'm sure temps got out of hand. I flowred with my 3070's@62W 4" from tops and got light foxtailing. Temps were also between 28°C and 30°C at the light level ans 24-26 at canopy and below. Each cob was covering 4 main colas

DSC 0718 1
DSC 0721 1

Second plant was a bit further away, maybe 6"

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

I'd try as close to the tallest bud as possible without having any ill effects. 10" for starters then go lower an inch every day and stop within 4" from the tallest. The plant below the trellis back right would certainly do better.

While lower its colas look amazing

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

How many weeks have they gone and yeah I'd say 2 weeks is a good ballpark time left,best way to know is check the trichomes.

My date based on previous grows of the same strain outside base harvest around August 8- flipped 39 days ago. I roughly calculated 47 days. But it’s a guess. Unfortunately I know the vanilla kush isn’t going to finish at the same time so harvest looks to be a bit more complex than I had hoped.

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

I only vegged under my quantums and plants started bitching within 2". Im runnig 96 chip boards at approx 25W (260mW/chip) and had no air circulation and no temp control but I'm sure temps got out of hand. I flowred with my 3070's@62W 4" from tops and got light foxtailing. Temps were also between 28°C and 30°C at the light level ans 24-26 at canopy and below. Each cob was covering 4 main colas

View attachment 819465 View attachment 819466

Second plant was a bit further away, maybe 6"

I’ll drop my lights more tonight. Temp went from 76.5 to 77.8 as the high. I’ll drop it down to 5/6in from top cola peak and see how they do, my guess is I’ll be getting close to 80deg. But with good air movement and loads of fresh cool air coming in I suspect I could run the canopy even hotter with no issues

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

I’m thinking about making some adjustments, it would increase fresh air flow during lights off (move more moisture out) but it would bring the temps down a few degrees. I’m wondering if this would help me gain possible some color variation, as I have witnessed from hot days and cold nights with the outdoor. Thoughts?

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

The low would go from 68.7 to no lower than 67. The high I am not sure but with lights lowered I’m expecting up to 80. That’s a 13 deg swing, somthing I find outside to be nothing lol. My previous indoor grows are just over a decade ago and I didn’t have the resources or knowledge to care hahahah

MissBotany

MissBotany

Cooler night temps would definitely bring out the color of some strains. I’m considering adjusting A/C so it’s cooler with lights out since my current strain turn red, almost black the colder it gets.

MissBotany

MissBotany

The low would go from 68.7 to no lower than 67. The high I am not sure but with lights lowered I’m expecting up to 80. That’s a 13 deg swing, somthing I find outside to be nothing lol. My previous indoor grows are just over a decade ago and I didn’t have the resources or knowledge to care hahahah

I think you need a minimum of a10 degree difference to bring out the color

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Pretty large temp increase BUT I moved my temp sensor from on the canopy (possible partial shade from plants) to free hanging at top cola peak level off of light. That being said I expected a jump and a more realistic number. My guess is it’s really only about a 5 deg change (80 to 85). With fresh air, and good air movement I should be good, I’ll have to look for signs tonight and adjust if needed.

711F35F2 8952 4B1B A239 9C135A5AEBE1

D1FE8795 B2AD 4A05 A29A 43ADF35006CC

Latest posts

Top Bottom