Question about apple cider vinegar to reduce water PH

• Thread starter NewGrower42069
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cbdfool

Cbdfool

So why when I told the dude at the grow store how high my filtered water PH is and that I need a ph down method.. he said I DONT want to use ph down in living/super soils? That’s when he grabbed a 10$ gaia glacial rock dust and said mix that in with the soil and just PH down the water with vinegar… all the different answers I hear just has me confused lol

also how MUCH glacial rock dust should I mix into the soil? And do I mix mix it in or just kinda put it on the top and mix the top layer?
I heard Glacial rock dust won’t affect the soils PH really so putting some in to counteract any negative affects of using apple cider vinegar to lower my waters PH would only be beneficial? does this sound true?
did the guy just scam me into buying glacial rock dust that I did not need?
I would’ve preferred to use stepwell supersoil in all my pots but I couldn’t lug the big bag home had to get the Gaia living soil.. worried if I can just treat them both mediums as the same or not.. I know the stepwell soil is very rich this year so I might need to feed nutes to the Gaia pots first, but other than that just wondering/worried if there’s a big difference in ph between both soils *shrug* as my buddy said Gaia has a higher PH out of the bag
He’s there to up-sell you everything he can.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I have never heard a grower say, "Don't forget the glacial rock dust!" or looked at a plant that was hurting and suggested glacial rock dust. I did have a soil science professor who laughed about glacial rock dust — there is some bro-science in general farming, though a lot less than in cannabis growing.

What's GRD got in it that would counteract the supposedly bad effects of apple cider vinegar? And what are those bad effects? Get that salesman in here, dammit! He's got some questions to deal with!

N

NewGrower42069

I have never heard a grower say, "Don't forget the glacial rock dust!" or looked at a plant that was hurting and suggested glacial rock dust. I did have a soil science professor who laughed about glacial rock dust — there is some bro-science in general farming, though a lot less than in cannabis growing.

What's GRD got in it that would counteract the supposedly bad effects of apple cider vinegar? And what are those bad effects? Get that salesman in here, dammit! He's got some questions to deal with!
He said the ACV will kill off magnesium and calcium I think? Meh I’ve tried to forget everything he told me already lmao I’m definitely gonna return the GRD and use the exchange to get droppers and some nutes for when my living/super soils are all out
which in the stepwell supersoil is when the plant about 2-3 feet and in the Gaia living soil after 4 weeks