Question About Feed Schedule

• Thread starter Trentski420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Trentski420

Trentski420

hi everyone so Im currently in the middle of my 2nd grow.. never grown ANY other plants. AnywAys I'm growing half in coco/perlite and half in coco/perlite/peat moss... I'm attempting to get my feeding correct as I had greatly overfed 1st grow and I appear to be doing so this grow as well.. I only recently in last few weeks switched the girls WITHOUT peat moss too a daily feeding with much lighter nutes ...
Anyways I came across an interesting video on YouTube earlier only problem is the guy did not mention the medium he was using.. however the schedule he outlined sounded like it would do great in my situatiOn and was wondering if I could get your guys thoughts..

So he claims to be a medical gardener blah blah blah and his schedule went as follows :

Day 1 - Water (slightly heavier than usual at about 15% runoff)
Day 2 - Feed full strength (whatever the full strength feed your using not nutrient recommended)
Day 3 - Feed at 1/4 too 1/2 of your full strength feed
Day 4 - Nothing AKA let the pots dry

So what do you guys think? I'm at about the end of my grow isn't going to make much difference now but maybe something I will put Into play next grow... I feel like if I had done this from start may not be looking at the def. that I am currently..(caused by excess P an possibly K)

fatawa

fatawa

Only my opinion but i wouldnt follow it.never feed back to back.f,w,w is what keeps u away from over nuting.what ppm r u feeding?

Trentski420

Trentski420

Never feed back to back.. ive read TOO MANY times now to feed to irrigate coco/perlite DAILY and to NEVER feed plain water unless your flushing and when I say a lot I mean like 90% of anything I read on coco.. 300-550ppm

Trentski420

Trentski420

From what I've read your plants would be hungry as fuck every 3rd day

Freshone

Freshone

Only my opinion but i wouldnt follow it.never feed back to back.f,w,w is what keeps u away from over nuting.what ppm r u feeding?
I've been feeding back to back for years,I usually feed,feed,water so I guess I disagree.Some plants are hungry some not so much,also pretty much depends on your medium.If your over nuteing then maybe cut how much you feed because your medium still needs the wet dry cycles.

Trentski420

Trentski420

I've been feeding back to back for years,I usually feed,feed,water so I guess I disagree.Some plants are hungry some not so much,also pretty much depends on your medium.If your over nuteing then maybe cut how much you feed because your medium still needs the wet dry cycles.
Now that's reasonable... Maybe he been growing same strain for years?

Trentski420

Trentski420

So what do regular feedings dry quicker than nutrient? Just confused you mentioned the wet/dry cycle but you never let your plants dry? I know coco shouldn't fully dry not being a smartass although I regularly come off as one

fatawa

fatawa

Yup coco reg,and dwc reg...and yup i kno the strains i hav.just my opinion on f,w,w....if u want to f,f,w u can make it wrk..i wud say try a hair less shagnum% n yur mix then..it retains very very well,n sum cases to well.

fatawa

fatawa

Or if u stay with yur mix and yur ending up with burn/deficiencies then obviously u hav some ppm's to dial in..yur just making the nutrients avaible by feeding,so yur not exactly force feeding.this is y wen u go too high on ppms they will drink just water and yur ppms will b higher then wen u fed.they wick water up...so yur retaining too much nutrients(via shagnum)or yur ppms r 2 high..

Trentski420

Trentski420

My ppms were def too high my 2nd grow ever and people told me to go 800-1400ppm when I was working with coco/perlite .. fortunately for this grow not so much the last I only got up too about 900ppm when I realized that coco/perlite shouldn't exceed 550ppm (does this sound right too you guys?) I keep getting diff. Info so I'm basically taking everything with a grain of sand can't wait to start my 3rd and do it right went a little overboard on pk boosters this time think it's going to hurt my last 2 weeks of beefin up ... Sucks to learn you've been fucking up feedings for a month

fatawa

fatawa

I hope others reply for u.id agree to f,f,w at 500ppms..i feed round 800 so thats y i said f,w,w

fatawa

fatawa

But u did read right,n hydro u never pull all nutrients away,yur dealing with a neutral medium,this is where some hav trouble w/dro setups...wen yur in soil the actual manure has trace elements of nutrients already so theres always something avaible to plant..just never try hitting those super high levels without everything dialed in...n i mean dialed n.co2 is a must to hit those also without getting nutrients burn..ive hit those numbers n been safe but all u do is spend more on chemicals...i believe mine taste better/r smoother at lower numbers also..less flushing is needed at end & u stay safe from most deficiencies..

fatawa

fatawa

I wud also say (if it was me)id run a line of nutes like i do..6part nutrient so if u do decide to double feed and u can do a ,boost/bloom,thrive alive,cal mag dose(wud b yur higher ppm dose)then bud candy,blossoms,cal mag dose on light days..u will b able to truly dial in what yur strain by doing that

Trentski420

Trentski420

Ya I think things will go much better next time around ...
I got these foxtails first time around and now again I believe I've been over doing the PK boost I've also read this totally kills the fattening (density) that you usually see in the last 2 weeks.. fucking sucks hope I don't get donkey dicks
IMG 20170313 120943556
IMG 20170313 120934493

Harvest is like 18 days away so they don't have many feedings until flush... Ohh well think I've got down the basics 3rd times a charm

fatawa

fatawa

Yes it does affect the swell alot...i can tell yur high on nutes even n that hps light cause sides of sirated leaves r turning yellow.fox tailing is genuinely too high of heat...n the leaves curl left to right..up or down curling is (which yurs seems more of)is usualy nute..or nute that led to ph problem.

Trentski420

Trentski420

But u did read right,n hydro u never pull all nutrients away,yur dealing with a neutral medium,this is where some hav trouble w/dro setups...wen yur in soil the actual manure has trace elements of nutrients already so theres always something avaible to plant..just never try hitting those super high levels without everything dialed in...n i mean dialed n.co2 is a must to hit those also without getting nutrients burn..ive hit those numbers n been safe but all u do is spend more on chemicals...i believe mine taste better/r smoother at lower numbers also..less flushing is needed at end & u stay safe from most deficiencies..
When you say to be "dialed in" to go high ppm feeding your refering to 4-8-8 NPK flower ratio?

fatawa

fatawa

Wen yur dialed in on nutes.(just my opinion)you barely barely c the end of the fans turn yellow..n i mean the tippity tip....when its wrking up the leaves on sirated edges yur past that point.

Trentski420

Trentski420

Yes it does affect the swell alot...i can tell yur high on nutes even n that hps light cause sides of sirated leaves r turning yellow.fox tailing is genuinely too high of heat...n the leaves curl left to right..up or down curling is (which yurs seems more of)is usualy nute..or nute that led to ph problem.
My heat never goes over 80F and I have a IR thermometer gun... I've heard fox tailing can be caused by too much pk boost or by even starting it too early.. something to do with potassium I believe which is responsible for most of the density seen in the last few weeks

Top Bottom