Question About Feed Schedule

• Thread starter Trentski420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Trentski420

Trentski420

no i mean perfect temp/humidity/lighting/ventalation/fresh air/co2/etc...b4 attempting 1400ppm
one thing I recently changed was the door to my closet was originally 1 zipper but now 2 so I could get more access however I have been on frequent occasion leaving it open as such
IMG 0875

Now being as my 256 CFM inline is I believe near perfect for my closet is doing this greatly altering its ability too (if I remember correct) fully exchange the air in the closet (2-3??) times per minute.

fatawa

fatawa

Keep improving each run,u will get to where u wanna b.takes wrk u kno.theres no way i cud describe everything to u in txt how to dial in a rm.as u kno controlling the envirnment is not always simple.theres so many factors..u hav it blowing like a wind storm in there,cool air coming in,hot air extracted out..yur on yur way as far as that part

Trentski420

Trentski420

Keep improving each run,u will get to where u wanna b.takes wrk u kno.theres no way i cud describe everything to u in txt how to dial in a rm.as u kno controlling the envirnment is not always simple.theres so many factors..u hav it blowing like a wind storm in there,cool air coming in,hot air extracted out..yur on yur way as far as that part
Thx I have a lot of questions to ask you because it's hard to find (at least from my exp.) anyone who's adding peat moss to their coco/perlite this is what your referring to when you say sphragrum? How much ratio do you add to your coco/perlite? My first grow I had the issue of adding too much peat and my containers took long periods to dry... this time I feel I STILL added too much but closer too where I wanna be... so even with peat incorporated into the coco mix I should still be watering daily I.e soil should dry on the daily?

Trentski420

Trentski420

Awesome thx for your input
Not necessarily daily but every time i water
So basically you attempt to feed daily unless they need longer to dry correct? And although I know your ppm will not directly reflect the ppm I'm using can I ask what your range is?

Trentski420

Trentski420

Another question if my pots are taking 2-4 days to dry than I've added too much peat correct? Think I'm going to try a much smaller ratio of peat next go... Now ive read not too change mediums when transplanting as it basically gets acclimated is this also true when changing the amnt/ratio? Or more so just changing medium type altogether I'm sure doesn't matter if kept minimal

G gnome

G gnome

Awesome thx for your input

So basically you attempt to feed daily unless they need longer to dry correct? And although I know your ppm will not directly reflect the ppm I'm using can I ask what your range is?
Yeah. I feed a lot more than most ppl.
Lotta guys on here will tell ya ull kill ur plants by giving em as much nutes as i do. All i can say to that is proof is in the puddin.
I start out outta the cloner at 600ppm. By the time i flush em for harvest im upwards of 1500ppm and sometimes up to 2000. Fwiw i use a ton of compost tea.
Another question if my pots are taking 2-4 days to dry than I've added too much peat correct? Think I'm going to try a much smaller ratio of peat next go... Now ive read not too change mediums when transplanting as it basically gets acclimated is this also true when changing the amnt/ratio? Or more so just changing medium type altogether I'm sure doesn't matter if kept minimal
No just because u take a lil longer fer ur pots to dry dont necessarily mean ur soil mix is off. It cud mean any number of things. Cud mean u up potted too soon. Cud mean ur environment isnt dialed in. It might be as simple as ur plants haven't quite grown into the pots yet and they just need a lil more veg. Really hard to say w/o more info. Watering every other day is not bad at all imo but every 4 days isn't what i wud be aiming for personally.

I wudnt mix mediums myself. Say for instance i transplanted from clone to promix int a 5" pot i wudnt go into coco next time i up potted.

The reason its not recommended is cuz ever medium has different water and o2 retention properties and what happens is the roots may not travel freely to the new medium once u up pot.

Trentski420

Trentski420

Yeah. I feed a lot more than most ppl.
Lotta guys on here will tell ya ull kill ur plants by giving em as much nutes as i do. All i can say to that is proof is in the puddin.
I start out outta the cloner at 600ppm. By the time i flush em for harvest im upwards of 1500ppm and sometimes up to 2000. Fwiw i use a ton of compost tea.

No just because u take a lil longer fer ur pots to dry dont necessarily mean ur soil mix is off. It cud mean any number of things. Cud mean u up potted too soon. Cud mean ur environment isnt dialed in. It might be as simple as ur plants haven't quite grown into the pots yet and they just need a lil more veg. Really hard to say w/o more info. Watering every other day is not bad at all imo but every 4 days isn't what i wud be aiming for personally.

I wudnt mix mediums myself. Say for instance i transplanted from clone to promix int a 5" pot i wudnt go into coco next time i up potted.

The reason its not recommended is cuz ever medium has different water and o2 retention properties and what happens is the roots may not travel freely to the new medium once u up pot.
Ya I understand not to change medium types I mean to say add less peat into the mix ratio when transplanting up

Ya I think it's recommended to find out your dosages on your own for many reasons one being environment and what the plants/strains themselves can handle.. but another thing are the nutrients themselves... I'm pretty sure 500ppm of one Line could be as strong as 800ppm from another... I've also read about some nutrients that are "invisible" to TDS meters pretty sure it said this was more common with organics as well

Trentski420

Trentski420

And it may be confusing I probably shouldn't have done this for my 2nd grow ever but I got half coco / perlite and my other half are in coco / perlite / AND peat moss... It's the one with peats that took 4 days start of flower and 3 days now... The other coco/perlite are feeding/watering daily

Trentski420

Trentski420

For most part I kept the coco/perlite under 550ppm and the coco/perlite/peat moss under 800ppm

fatawa

fatawa

Best thing u can do is pay attention and learn how to read a plant trent.thats what u shud focus on.u will c whats the right nutes/etc....

Top Bottom