Question about phototron

• Thread starter wellmedicated
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

wellmedicated

Say I had a phototron years ago but for very bad reasons the plants didn't make it to maturity.I was wondering if anyone had experience with them and if they are worth the money?

P

papadank

Well,
I don't think so. You can only grow 1 plant and if you have an older one you might not be able to do that. They basically have flouro's in them. I have answered questions like this before on other sites and most agree with me. In most area's, the penalty for growing 1 plant is the same as 5 or more. A better solution is to set up a small grow box or tent and grow several plants to make it worth your while. Are you going to grow from seed? The odd's of even getting a female are slim.
Phototrons are more novelty than anything. You could do so much better with a bank of T-5's and a few plants.
Hope this helps,
PD

NwolkZark

NwolkZark

You can pull 3-4 oz of bud out of a newer midsize phototron with 3 small plants or 1 big one, but for the same investment cost you can setup an entire closet/tent and triple+ your harvests. They'd be alot more useful if they didn't cost so damn much. You'll spend close to a grand on one unless you find it used. I dick around with one I aquired but I do not suggest actually paying for one. If your broke and still have one, fuckit throw some soil/hydro in there and get shit started. If you have the money, do anything else:P If you google around for philcuisine, its a user name, you'll see trons put to good use.

R

rob04442

hey, hows it goin I recently got a tron #8 and Im 90% readeay for the perfect grow -HAD on about 15yrs. ago and remember just about everything exect the lighting sch. IF anybody can help me out with nunmbers Id much appreciate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!thanx. rob04442

R

rob04442

everyone

:lock:
hey, hows it goin I recently got a tron #8 and Im 90% readeay for the perfect grow -HAD on about 15yrs. ago and remember just about everything exect the lighting sch. IF anybody can help me out with nunmbers Id much appreciate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!thanx. rob04442

Top Bottom