Question About Starting Seeds In Peat Pellets

• Thread starter docmur
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
docmur

docmur

Hey Guys

I'm a first time grower, just got approved from Health Canada to do this legally and I have some question regarding the seeds.

I already soaked the seeds in water, and now they're sitting in damp paper towel, most of them have spouted a tiny root and so I'll be placing them in to the peat pellets either tonight (May 21st 2018) or tomorrow morning.

My grow environment is a 4.5 (l) x 4.5 (w) x 6.5 (h) grow tent, with a 900W light inside. I have a box of https://growdaddycanada.com/products/general-hydroponics-go-box?variant=6280901132318 for my nutrient line.

My questions are:

1) When preparing the peat pellets, should I add any of the nutrients to the water?
2) When I place the seeds into the pellets, should I leave them in darkness, or can I use my light on the veg / bloom setting?
3) If I use my light on the veg / bloom setting, what is a safe distant (It's currently about 5.8 from the floor)?
4) What should I feed the pellets, if anything in the first week, until I see a stem and leafs?

Thanks
D

MW7945

MW7945

No need to put nutrients in there. Seeds have enough to get themselves going for a week or two.

What is the actual light you're using? I'm assuming it's an LED light, in which it's probably actually only 300-400w from the wall. In which case, you need more for that size of a tent

docmur

docmur

No need to put nutrients in there. Seeds have enough to get themselves going for a week or two.

What is the actual light you're using? I'm assuming it's an LED light, in which it's probably actually only 300-400w from the wall. In which case, you need more for that size of a tent

The light is: Viparspectra Reflector-Series 900W I can buy a second light.

MW7945

MW7945

Yeah... I would've just bought a good light in the first place instead of getting two not so great lights, but you gotta learn somehow. I can't believe how cheap the Vipar's are now. Wow

docmur

docmur

Yeah... I would've just bought a good light in the first place instead of getting two not so great lights, but you gotta learn somehow. I can't believe how cheap the Vipar's are now. Wow
Anyway, it is safe to put my pellets under that light after I plant the seeds?

Latest posts

Top Bottom