Question about using Avid and Rally.

• Thread starter HG23
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HG23

HG23

Hey all,

I applied Avid to a crop about 24 hours ago and would like to apply the Rally today. Will doing so somehow rinse off the Avid residue and render it less effective or anything? Also, I'm planning to use slightly less than one ounce per gallon of the Rally powder, is that consistent with what you guys use? Thanks in advance for any help.

E

Elite Nugs

I've never used either of those... but piling sprays on top of each other after only 24 hours have gone by is usually not a good idea. Give it a few days or even a week before you apply the Avid.

Also make sure to read the entire back label. Mixtures of some sprays can kill your plants real quick. For instance.. an Oil based spray like Neem Oil. If you've sprayed your plants with neem oil, then use something like Safer 3in1 spray that contains Sulfur... you'll burn your leaves to a crisp. My partner did that to our entire crop. I wanted to kill the guy. So read the labels and maybe give it a few days before mixing sprays.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hey all,

I applied Avid to a crop about 24 hours ago and would like to apply the Rally today. Will doing so somehow rinse off the Avid residue and render it less effective or anything? Also, I'm planning to use slightly less than one ounce per gallon of the Rally powder, is that consistent with what you guys use? Thanks in advance for any help.
So you're dealing with mites and powdery mildew?

Avid is seriously toxic stuff, but I don't know that it would or could create problems when used prior to using the Rally. If it were up to me, I'd go through that Rally label and see if there's ANYTHING that discusses phytotoxicity. What I'm reading says that it must be used in conjunction with something like Quintec because they use different modes of action and this will help prevent resistance developing in the PM fungi.

I would be less concerned about the Avid rinsing off than I would be with an interaction. I would use a test plant before treating all of them.

M

MIway

I've used Bayleton before... same class of chems... really chemy... please use a respirator with this stuff & avoid skin/eye/mouth contacts. But, it sure does kill PM... and is safe to mix w most any other chem... you could mix the Avid + Rally in the same tank mix & apply at once, which is a better plan for the future (only one toxic exposure vs 2).

Here's some info:

Latest posts

Top Bottom