Question about watering in full tent

• Thread starter JimfromA2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JimfromA2

JimfromA2

I have a question about watering. I am growing in a 4x4 tent. I have 4 plants in the tent. The tent is in a confined space so there is no access from the outside on three of the walls. I am using scrog netting for support (2 layers). It is challenging to water the two plants in the back. I do not want to disturb the scrog netting because it is supporting the plants. I was thinking maybe a watering can with a very long spout. Does anyone else have this kind of issue? BTW, not sure I like the scrog netting. I have been using cane sticks along with the vinyl-coated gardening wire to support my plants in the past. First time using scrog.

TomH

TomH

Any way to attach some hoses that are semi permanent with a funnel system from the front of the tent?
The watering can with long spout certainly works, but I’m old and don’t bend as easily as I used to. I’m trying to improve my laziness.

citrus7144

citrus7144

Supporter
I have got same issues and my tent is smaller 3x3 running 6 plants in it now. Total pain but I had to move some out of veg tent faster than I wanted to. I find it easy enough to take out the middle plant and that gives me access to the rest but I normally use a pump sprayer and that works great I only give it enough pressure to get a nice gentle stream for normal watering and I can use it to spray them all just by adjusting the nozzle. I got mine from Amazon of course. Have a good day.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I have a question about watering. I am growing in a 4x4 tent. I have 4 plants in the tent. The tent is in a confined space so there is no access from the outside on three of the walls. I am using scrog netting for support (2 layers). It is challenging to water the two plants in the back. I do not want to disturb the scrog netting because it is supporting the plants. I was thinking maybe a watering can with a very long spout. Does anyone else have this kind of issue? BTW, not sure I like the scrog netting. I have been using cane sticks along with the vinyl-coated gardening wire to support my plants in the past. First time using scrog.
Funny you ask, I just made something for my 4 plants at the back in my 5x5
img_4809-jpg.1347756
img_4771-jpg.1345998
img_4769-jpg.1345997

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
i can see you and cannagranny duking it out here.
lol
no no.. she knows what she’s doing.. it’s the others who are generally first timers with those nets, no need for a net until week 4-5 of flower.. really no need for a net at all..
ask yourself why are you using it?
is it doing the job better than not using it?
ya i hate them, totally useless and a pain in the ass, does nothing but destroy trichomes.,

growsince79

growsince79

no no.. she knows what she’s doing.. it’s the others who are generally first timers with those nets, no need for a net until week 4-5 of flower.. really no need for a net at all..
ask yourself why are you using it?
is it doing the job better than not using it?
ya i hate them, totally useless and a pain in the ass, does nothing but destroy trichomes.,
How does it destroy trichs?

growsince79

growsince79

at harvest time, just removing it etc.. doesn’t take much to wreck heads..
ya ive been a bit grumpy lately and now another family death, the wife has lost her whole family in less than 3 years..
so ya i may have been a bit of an ass on a few threads..
Oh I see. I only sgrog certain plants that leave me little choice. But I just cut it off at the end. They are a pain tho.

D

dean1963

i was under the impression that there shouldn't be any buds under the netting.
looks like i have more reading to do

Mothman

Mothman

I have got same issues and my tent is smaller 3x3 running 6 plants in it now. Total pain but I had to move some out of veg tent faster than I wanted to. I find it easy enough to take out the middle plant and that gives me access to the rest but I normally use a pump sprayer and that works great I only give it enough pressure to get a nice gentle stream for normal watering and I can use it to spray them all just by adjusting the nozzle. I got mine from Amazon of course. Have a good day.
Dang, 6 in a 3x3–that must be tight AF!

Crabgrassfarms

Crabgrassfarms

get rid of the nets,
nothing but problematic and useless..
I have to agree, I don't like them because it sorta locked my plants in place. I used a commercial net and it pulled my tent pools in. I couldn't move a bag over if a sister was infringing. I had 5 bags in a 4x4 with a net and it was far too cramped for my liking, so now I will have 6 in a 4x8 after I move 3 outside after the 17th.

Cirroji

Cirroji

man i'm just a hotdog
Supporter
at harvest time, just removing it etc.. doesn’t take much to wreck heads..
ya ive been a bit grumpy lately and now another family death, the wife has lost her whole family in less than 3 years..
so ya i may have been a bit of an ass on a few threads..
man you know what's funny is my last grow i had a net, they sent me one too small and i cut it down but left the outer string around the frame to use for support on my electrical (keeping it off the floor)

so i legit just added a net (within 24 hours)
and now you got me second guessing myself on the net. Maybe I wont use the second net and just cut this one off when harvest comes so i am not disturbing plants. I see people puling the nets off and it's like getting a haircut, styling your hair, then pulling your shirt off over. I can't see doing anything besides cutting it off.

the reason i used a net this time is i am trying to satisfy my ocd by getting nodes into every square before flipping to flower. is there a better way for me to play tetris with the branches that will be extended 1-1.5 ft horizontally?
Funny you ask, I just made something for my 4 plants at the back in my 5x5
img_4809-jpg.1347756
img_4771-jpg.1345998
img_4769-jpg.1345997
stop giving me ideas lol

Not always. More than one way to skin a cat.
img_20201103_173943243-jpg.1051769
i however don't see any buds below the line from the angle. do you have any that i can see so i can visually get an idea of how i might be trimming my lower end on my net?

i bought 2 watering cans. one that has a short neck and stubby circular end i can cover if i want to reduce flow, and one with a long about 18" thin curved spout so i can reach over and through the canopy to water the one in the corner that doesn't have door access (i'm in a 4x4 too)

breedwheel

breedwheel

If you are planning on future growing I would suggest going automated. I went from fancy watering systems to bare minimum. It can be done relatively inexpensively, put together in the time it takes to water once, and will save tons of time. I don't mind hand watering but late in flower it can get tedious as hell. Its really nice to plug in your pump and not have to spill and clean up water each time while you tend to other things. I think they are worth it with or without a scrog net. I suck at scrog nets but keep trying anyway. 4x4

IMG 7401
IMG 7402
IMG 7404
Top Bottom