Question about watering in full tent

• Thread starter JimfromA2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shaded_One

Shaded_One

man you know what's funny is my last grow i had a net, they sent me one too small and i cut it down but left the outer string around the frame to use for support on my electrical (keeping it off the floor)

so i legit just added a net (within 24 hours)
and now you got me second guessing myself on the net. Maybe I wont use the second net and just cut this one off when harvest comes so i am not disturbing plants. I see people puling the nets off and it's like getting a haircut, styling your hair, then pulling your shirt off over. I can't see doing anything besides cutting it off.

the reason i used a net this time is i am trying to satisfy my ocd by getting nodes into every square before flipping to flower. is there a better way for me to play tetris with the branches that will be extended 1-1.5 ft horizontally?

stop giving me ideas lol

i however don't see any buds below the line from the angle. do you have any that i can see so i can visually get an idea of how i might be trimming my lower end on my net?

i bought 2 watering cans. one that has a short neck and stubby circular end i can cover if i want to reduce flow, and one with a long about 18" thin curved spout so i can reach over and through the canopy to water the one in the corner that doesn't have door access (i'm in a 4x4 too)

Cut the branches individually below the net near the main stem, then pull them down under through the net. You don't destroy trichs, you don't have to pull a shirt off etc.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Everyone has their own style. I like to scrog but, at least for me, the key to successful scrogging is canopy control. Being able to control the canopy will give you great results and, as long as you're careful, your trichs should survive.

I think where roof height becomes a factor scrogging is very viable but again, everyone has a preference and a style.

@JimfromA2 - I was able to cobble together a DIY auto irrigation system that works pretty good and doesn't require much maintenance.

You'll need these:

and make this:

Auto irrigate

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

@JimfromA2

You'll also need a digital timer to set the duration of the feed so that you don't overwater.

The picture above is, obviously, with the system not in use. I set it up in case I needed to leave. Because I set up the watering rings ahead of time, all I need to do is mix up solution in the green bin in the picture, stick the pond pump inside the bin and plug it into the timer.

The FloraFlex plates are part of a watering system they have but I already have the delivery system. I just need a better way to apply it when it reaches my pot. The plates will give better coverage over the media and saturate the soil in a more even fashion.

Top Bottom