Question for all you SCROGGERS!

• Thread starter Zombie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Z

Zombie

High!

I'm going to run my first scrog setup in the following week or two. But I have some questions if ya'll don't mind.

I made my 4x4 screen out of pvc and electrical wire(still has plastic coating on it.)

My screen is pretty tight but not really stiff. It gives a little when pressure is applied.

Is this ok or do i need to tighten it?

also I'll be running my Agent orange for this grow. The pheno i'm using stretches like crazy so when do I induce flowering?

I also have 17 clones. how many should I use for this 4x4 scrog? Is 5 gallon buckets ok?

Thanks everyone!

Big V

Big V

Your screen should be fine. Enduce flowering as soon as all the sites are filled in. How many plants you use depends on how long you want to veg and how branchy and fast your pheno grows. I use 4 plants to a 4x4 scrog.

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
I've seen picts where the screen is sagging a lil before the plants grow in. Once they reach it they actually push it up and tighten it kinda as they fill in so it should be good.

Here it is..

Z

Zombie

Thanks for the replies and the link Big v and fred!

Cool, I'm not really worried about my screen now. I tink it'll be fine!

The pheno I will be running is pretty vigorous. The branching is a classic christmas tree shape with at least a 3x stretch.

Now when I induce flowering and the big strecth begins is this when I fill the screen? Or is this done in veg?

...and from the description of my plant can you tell me what you would do if you also were running this...

Thanks everyone!!

p.s. I know there is a lot of info here at the Farm and elsewhere but first hand accounts really seal the deal for me:)

Big V

Big V

If it were me I'd wait till all the sites were filled in and everything was about 2 or 3 inches above the canopy, if any of the branches were more than a few inches taller than the rest I would top those branches to slow them from growing and allow the others to catch up. Put them into flower about 3 days after topping them and you should be ok. If they get too tall this run then next run flower them sooner. If they don't get tall enough then let them get taller in veg before you flip them to 12/12. There is no definate answer, it will take you getting to know your pheno and how it reacts to the scrog. Remember that any leaves or little buds growing beneath the screen gets pruned off. Good Luck...

M

Malachi

I have to go with Garden on this as well, I say any where between 50-70% full on a big stretcher and then flip. You will fill your screen up during the stretch. Like Garden said if it is full when you flip then you are going to run into problems with height and your lower sites are not going to get the penetration that they need. If you run into problems with the stretch you can always give them some bushmaster at like 1ml per gallon and it will stop their vertical growth. Hope this helps.

B

budlover

Great info guys was thinking of doing this real soon myself and just found all the questions i had answered for me.. hahhaha
I love this site

Peace
budlover

Top Bottom