Question for my organic growers about PK

• Thread starter B0ssD0ss
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

So my plants are well into flower and just purchased these two amendments to add to my ladies. My question is about the potassium. Not sure if this is to high or if it will be ok? Any advise or input for anyone who has used these. Thanks in advance.

Question for my organic growers about pk
Homesteader

Homesteader

The super phos is okay but its kind of too late for this grow. You probably want to add super phos earlier but you can give it a shot. Just go easy with it and dig it in a bit away from the stalk.
The 0-0-60 potash is fine in low concentrations but again its hard to add as a top dress and should be blended before.

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

The super phos is okay but its kind of too late for this grow. You probably want to add super phos earlier but you can give it a shot. Just go easy with it and dig it in a bit away from the stalk.
The 0-0-60 potash is fine in low concentrations but again its hard to add as a top dress and should be blended before.
I'm about 6 weeks til finish still think it's to late? And how soon would you think I should add these? Saturday was my first top dress with just the Worm castings and bloom booster top dress. Using these guys

20210214 161740
20210214 161809
Homesteader

Homesteader

Adding P-K on top of the bloom booster might cause you problems. If I were you I may just use the bloom food and finish up with that this go. You can mix the stronger stuff for the next grow but there is a lot that can go wrong using 0-0-60

Homesteader

Homesteader

You can use as much of the castings as you want. That doesn't really contain much for NPK unless you make it yourself.

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

You can use as much of the castings as you want. That doesn't really contain much for NPK unless you make it yourself.
Is there anything you would suggest to help with added PK this far into bloom?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Cannabis does not use more pk and less nitrogen in flower. It is a myth. It uses about a 3-1-3 ratio to the end.

Extra pk can be used as a signal to the plant said to increase flower sites at the beginning of 12/12 and maybe during peak flowering. Other than that a pk heavy ratio yellows the plant early and shortens their life.

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

Cannabis does not use more pk and less nitrogen in flower. It is a myth. It uses about a 3-1-3 ratio to the end.

Extra pk can be used as a signal to the plant said to increase flower sites at the beginning of 12/12 and maybe during peak flowering. Other than that a pk heavy ratio yellows the plant early and shortens their life.
These are auto but sure the feeding and nutes still apply.

Homesteader

Homesteader

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

You can always spoon feed it fish hydrolysate if you can handle the smell but don't do it much more than four weeks from harvest or the bud may smell like it. Fish emulsion is okay if you can't find hydrolysate but at this point and given that you already added booster, I would let it ride out.
Copy I have this for fish stuff. But the reason I'm asking is she has some yellowing in her fan leaves and thinking she's hungry. I had been top dressing every 3 weeks so now I'm at the every 2 weeks point so guess I will just keep and eye and see if she greens up over the next week or so. Here's some pictures.

20210214 164155
20210214 164246
20210214 164306
20210214 164232
20210214 164239
20210214 164259
B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

@Homesteader what exactly do you mean by spoon feed? Like literally take a spoon full of that fish stuff right into soil? Or mix with water and pour in?

Homesteader

Homesteader

I wouldn't give it much more anything actually if you just fed it. Looking good and you should let the plant consume itself here on out. Just my take. You start adding nitrogen now and you'll notice it in the smoke

Homesteader

Homesteader

I just mean little bit as needed depending on what the plant tells you when I say spoon fed.

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

I wouldn't give it much more anything actually if you just fed it. Looking good and you should let the plant consume itself here on out. Just my take. You start adding nitrogen now and you'll notice it in the smoke
Yeah just trying to get the trichomes and terps to bulk up. But this is my first organic grow so wanna make sure it's all on its way. Just different from bottle feeding where you see almost instant turn to your ladies so this is just a sit and watch and wait. Appreciate the info man

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

They are in 3 gallon pots and usually water about a half a gallon of water between 6.5 and. 6.9 oh.

Homesteader

Homesteader

I would just keep the soil moist at all times during this phase. Dry it out in a few weeks and stop watering all together towards the end. The water dictates a lot. Keep it moist and it won't hiccup as their bulking up. Just my advice

Top Bottom