Question for professional Growers about feeding

• Thread starter flowerdave
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
flowerdave

flowerdave

I grew flowers in a large greenhouse operation and we fed a lot of crops everyday about 200 ppm N never above 300 ppm. On the EC meter it would read about 2.0 to 3.0 depending on the water source. My question is on here people talk about 600ppm and more that they a feeding. That would put the Ex reading at over 5.0 and to me that is crazy high. Is that correct for cannabis to be so much more than other plants?

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

I grew flowers in a large greenhouse operation and we fed a lot of crops everyday about 200 ppm N never above 300 ppm. On the EC meter it would read about 2.0 to 3.0 depending on the water source. My question is on here people talk about 600ppm and more that they a feeding. That would put the Ex reading at over 5.0 and to me that is crazy high. Is that correct for cannabis to be so much more than other plants?
The high readings are for the entire solution not just N

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

Did you not supplement the other nutrients such as potassium and phosphorus in a flower operation? Were you using dry nutrients like Jackā€™s or Envy?

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Thank you. That makes sense
The elements dont exist on their own or usuable alone so they are mixed with others to form a solid you can work with so you derive say the nitrogen from potassium nitrate but now your mixture also goes up in K so ppm goes up. Same with K and P ,anytime you add,in some cases, you also increase the others. The math and chemistry people figure out the formulas for recipies taking it all into consideration.

growsince79

growsince79

PPM meters have different scales. On my meter, 500ppm is 1.0ec. 5.0ec would be 2500ppm. Some meters read 700ppm @1.0ec. so 3500ppm @5.0.

Top Bottom