Question on vegatatitive time frame

• Thread starter JonathonStrange
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

JonathonStrange

I have a buddy of mine who has some florecents. I am gonna try to set them up verticaly un the corners just to up the light some. Also the neut company (cutting edge solution has a suplement that helps if plants are in low light situations. You gotta let me know how you enjoy the fruits of your labor lol
thanks for the info as always.

J

JonathonStrange

I have read your post a buch of times Dee and the light thing keeps popping out at me. I read up on the mag up and what magnisum does for your plant. Since mg is one of the main components of chloraphyl would LSD benifit from suplimental mg?
Since I am new to growing I would be to unsure to just drop a suplement into an established neutritional parameter ( like would part a + part b then I'll drop in some mg and see what happens) or just shell out the clams for the mag up.
Just so you know last night I was pretty stoned and thought of the outline of this question. typed and edited it reasherched it. I almost sounded like I knew what I was talking about the whole thing. Three words from posting my phone died and lost it all. I was so heart broken...Mrs.Strange laughed her ass off. So much for my magnum opus lol.

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

I hate when that happens.. It always happens 2 me when I post a long post.. My phone juss freezes up & erases the well thought out post..

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
:bong-hits:I'm working with BOG LSD. My buddy who grew LSD in his hydro system before me said 55 days on the flower which is on the money. I started from seed in soil, in the first week of April (the 5th) seeds popped... I let them veg until the last week of June (the 21st)and just pulled today. Starting from clones the LSD only needs 2 weeks to veg (after rooting)and then you can immediately flower. LSD is a pretty short plant, about 3 1/2 feet not topped at the end of flowering. I topped mine so I let them grow awhile and they grew only 2 1/2 feet. TIGHT ASS NUGGETS!!! Like rocks and crystally!! LSD is easy to grow and has a nice outcome if you give her enough light. I plucked a lot of leaf in the last 3 weeks of flowering and even the nugs on the bottom got dense!

the barney farms LSD from what I understand does veg fast and grow tall

veg time is gonna depend on how much space you have to finish flowering these up JS

havent seen my buddy yet who grew these out - Im thinking I should see him monday

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

:afroweed:Light is important to getting those tight nugs JS I dunno how much mg you'll need tho.. seems like if you score some cal/mg you'll probably be ok just adding that to your mixture of nutes every now and again. I really keep mine basic so I just use a crazy soil mixture I made which has all elements required for vigor and fast growth. I only used water for most of the veg. I actually over did it with the LSD and she got kinda upset. Light watering not to much in the nutrition dept and low ph (5.8 to 6.3)is what she liked. I use earth juice (veg and micro) at the regular feed amount (1 tbspn / gallon) about every other week. That seemed to be all I needed to do. I'm drying it now and let me say the nugs are super frosty.

J

JonathonStrange

Ok so I should let her get a little thirst, start my nutes at half, defintly gt some ph down since I'm running 6.8 and see how she foes from there.

Thanks man

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

:winking0067:
Ok JS I put this together for you.. a quick few months of LSD from sprout to about two weeks ago

Sprout
1_Baby_LSD.jpg

3weeks
2_3_weeks.jpg

4 weeks
3_4_weeks.jpg

5 weeks
4_5_weeks.jpg

6 weeks
5_6_weeks.jpg

11 weeks (you can see how the growth at the bottom was yellowing, that was too much water)

6_11_weeks.jpg

1 week into flowering
7_1_week_flower.jpg

3 1/2 weeks flowering
8_3_1:2_weeks_flower.jpg

5 weeks into flowering
9_5_weeks_flower.jpg

6 weeks into flowering
10_6weeks_flower.jpg

closeup of nug at 3 weeks
11_LSD_nug_3_weeks_flower.jpg

J

JonathonStrange

Oh man thank you so much...this will be realy helpful. Realy to take the time do that for some dude...it was realy cool.

Thanks
JS

J

JonathonStrange

A cpl questions at what week did you start nuets btween seedling and week 3. How are you able to get so much side and leaf growth while keeping the hight so low. I noticed your lights Are right on top of your plant. I have to keep mine a minimum of 19 inches, have a small fan blowing over seedlings to keep heat down allowing me to keep the lights as low as I can without plalm feeling warm. 250w hps.

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

To be honest I didn't need to use nutes but decided to start at about week 9 of veg, thus the over watering. The side leaf growth was from topping my plants. I always top my plants some don't respond to topping and grow how they like but the L took well to my training. You can see I put a bamboo skewer in the branches to open up the rest of the lower bud sites. The low light shot was when I was still using CFLs ( I veg with them)which are not too hot. If you're using a 250watt then keeping it higher is the only option because of heat.

J

JonathonStrange

I genraly keep light btween 19 too 24 inches depends on how hot the area is. I have a portable 8 inch fan that I shoot across the tops this helps alot and also bow cracked my door is. If I'm in there a while it cools down and I can keep it at 19 for a good few hours if not I float the light where it feels right.
Is there a range that I want to be at. what amazes me is in how much lateral production compared to hight. Do you achive this by light hieght.

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
if your from seed their is a 2 week seedling stage before veg starts ( I dont start veg till 2 sets of true leaves are on the plant from seed that is... with clone its like 3-7 days ) jmo and the only thing in this thread that was left unsaid

J

JonathonStrange

My seedling is not nearly as robust as yours. She was the last to come up of the three strains started. 1 of the embrionc leaves looks to be half the size of the other. Her next of leaves 1 is comeing in fine the other looks kind of shrivled I guess would describe it. She so young and I'm sure will bounce back but at the moment she sure seems unhappy.

Thanks as always
JS

Latest posts

Top Bottom