Questions about UV-B Lighting.

• Thread starter Cannasoir
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cannasoir

Cannasoir

So while searching up how to increase terpenes(which I was able to find nothing about:() , I find out some very cool information about increasing Trichome production. This involves UV-B lighting.
Marijuana plants produce trichomes as a protection against UV-B rays. Trichomes actually absorb the UV-B light so when there is more of the UV-B present, the marijuana plant produces more trichomes to protect itself, which in turn means more THC production along with more CBD and CBN as well. Some people said they found that adding UV-B lights found in the reptile section at a store like PetSmart worked tremendously , others said they saw no real change.

Has anyone used UV-B lighting here? If so what were your results? Did you see an increase in trichome production? What lights were you using? How long did you leave the lights on for? How far away did you keep the light? Would it be an ok idea to add UV-B lighting in the last few weeks of flowering to try and get as many trichomes as possible?

Cannasoir

Cannasoir

Actually learned a lot about UV-A, UV-B, and UV-C lighting. Did a quick search on here and didn't see many threads about these forms of lighting, so I was thinking about making an informative thread that discusses all three in detail after I do more research and , after I get some knowledge from the great minds here. Sound like a good idea?

Cannasoir

Cannasoir

Actually learned a lot about UV-A, UV-B, and UV-C lighting. Did a quick search on here and didn't see many threads about these forms of lighting, so I was thinking about making an informative thread that discusses all three in detail after I do more research and , after I get some knowledge from the great minds here. Sound like a good idea?

wait I actually found a very informative thread on here about UV-C lighting. but still not much on UV-A or UV-B
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/uv-c-light.44709/#post-788842

dankworth

dankworth

41p2zBYs7LL._AA300_.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom