Radiant/Infrared heaters for tent - can they be used?

• Thread starter SativaMornings
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Madmax

Madmax

Those ones Beachwalker posted arnt infra red @SativaMornings ..not those red ones..just went to reptile shop and bought a white one..i was a little confused till beachwalker put those ceramic ones up..the ceramic just covers the tube inside it.
My bad just re read Beachwalkers post saying they are lol..Uno i was expecting all products with infrared had a glow but im not seeing that ..it works just like my tube heater and slowly cools after turning off.ive had one of those patio infrareds heaters and no sooner you turn them off they cool down real quick..

Last edited:
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

My bad just re read Beachwalkers post saying they are lol..Uno i was expecting all products with infrared had a glow but im not seeing that ..it works just like my tube heater and slowly cools after turning off.ive had one of those patio infrareds heaters and no sooner you turn them off they cool down real quick..
I didn't say they were infrared, what I said was: "Maybe I don't know about that?"

T

tinytmp

Maybe I don't know about that? But I know that just two 75 watters bring my 5×5 tents temperature up 5 or 6 degrees on the coldest of nights, and more than that on average winter nights, which is exactly what I'm looking for

Recommend the bases with a dimmer switch because I either turn them both down or just use one on a normal winter's night

These may not be for everybody's application; They're not going to provide a tropical heatwave for equatorial sativas, but they will bring 68° up to the low 70's, and they save a lot of electricity over that big oil-filled radiator type I used to use.
I had a friend that put one in his travel trailer a few years back, but they were out of my price range at the time. Last year my sister in law put one in her basement and raves about it. This year, we are thinking about one for our RV. We full time in an a rig that is most certainly not designed for it, and winters get very very cold. I'd like to reduce the furnace usage is possible and use more of the electric to heat instead of the propane check out https://globalquartztube.com/heater-quartz-tube/(for obvious cost reasons).

Has anyone used an infrared space heater in their RV? What model did you get? Thoughts and suggestions on them?
Hi does anyone have a quartz heater are they any good?

S

SantaMartared

That's what I was afraid of. I may also build a foam insulation 'wrapper' around the tent to help contain some of the heat. Of course, most of it will get vented out through the exhaust fan.

I like the tube heaters, they are relatively low power but do a nice job. However, they are almost next to impossible to find in the states. Any recommendations?
Following.I have never heard of a tube heater.

Newty

Newty

Look into the ac affinity heater. Seems a lot safer.
You beat me to it! I'm going to end up buying one, probably wait till it's closer to winter again though.

I know @LoveGrowingIt has one, idk how much he has used it but I'm sure he would be happy to give his impressions on it. I believe he did have an issue with the UIS cable not fitting though.

Top Bottom