Raid Fogger Bomb Ok To Use In Flower?

• Thread starter Nugteq
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
MW7945

MW7945

I'm a third generation Ag farmer so... Maybe I have a tiny bit of insight. I don't handle our spraying, we contract that out to airplane sprayers. But, nonetheless.

It's difficult to compare this to something related to say corn or soybeans. Both of those are genetically modified to be resistant to certain chemicals and so on. These plants you're growing are not. Also, as mentioned, when you're outside it's a little bit different than nuking a grow room. Also, with marijuana the part you're consuming is fully exposed. Corn, soybeans, peas, whatever are within a shell/husk/pod of some sort. And they're further cleaned in processing.

As mentioned, eating something and smoking something are also two very different scenarios as well. When you're burning these chemicals it makes them more toxic than just eating them. Your lungs and you stomach have very different coatings.

I guess the only thing I'd recommend doing with them if you're dead set on not tossing them is making potentially edibles. Most of the foods you consume already have some form of pesticide in them. But, even then I'd tread with caution. And I wouldn't recommend selling them to people either.

All in all, I'd hope this isn't something you do again. I'd either get something to prevent it, or get some stuff to have on hand next time. Raid isn't exactly something I'd opt for when it comes to this type of stuff.

This idea is a probably a bit out there, but has anyone ever tried releasing some of those orange ladybugs to an infested area? They're disgusting little bastards themselves, but boy do they have an appetite for aphids. That's why they were brought over to the US in the first place.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Yeah this guy wants to hear from ag farmers weather its okay or not with them to poison people with tainted buds, he could care less if everyone and their sister is telling him the bud is poisoned and to throw it out.
You can wash off a tomato or cucumber before you eat it but it aint so easy to wash off pesticides that soaked into your trichomes and flower material. You will be poisoning anyone who smokes it if you distribute it. If youre even thinking its ok why not try a few vapes/doobs/bowls yourself before poisoning innocent people.

MW7945

MW7945

And people wonder why we get cancer!

It's not a wonder. It's genetics. We're surrounded by radiation of all types in our daily life. Any processed foods are shit.

If you want to avoid cancer your option is to live under and rock, and live under a rock. Even then, you'll probably get cancer.

sixstring

sixstring

It's not a wonder. It's genetics. We're surrounded by radiation of all types in our daily life. Any processed foods are shit.

If you want to avoid cancer your option is to live under and rock, and live under a rock. Even then, you'll probably get cancer.
just gotta find a rock that has not been sprayed with roundup yet lmao

i said what i said because im a state cert pesticide applicator and that was the dumbed down version of dont spray your plants with pesticides or even use systemic chems on your rootzone.you can however spray your plants to kill the bugs,take clones from bug free plants and then flower those out.i use azamax in veg as my ipm and i use ladybugs in flower.the azamax is omri listed organic but you should still never spray budded plants imo.maybe outside,early flower,organics only of course hahaha.

whitepistols

whitepistols

Jesus looks like some strait up organic freiks bs coming out of the closet.

To the op if you can put the organic mess to the side take it from a salt grower and a person that uses chems to clean rooms with those flowers just need tossed in the trash. Once you hit week 4 no chems should be used on the plant.

I know why you grabbed the raid and atleast I will be man enough not to bust your nuts about it, shit happens when in panic mode.

Besides the health issue it really comes down to this. You let that loose anyone that gets it will know right away it tastes like shit. People will be pissed and your name will become tainted. Theres no way to get that taste out of it at all. Even as a edibal its gonna have a taste nobody will like.

Here is tip for your aphid issue. Dig into capulators og bio war products. Do some reading about it and understand it. Yes its benificial bacterias and it will take care of those root aphids and alot of other pests.

Nugteq

Nugteq

Thanks everyone. I really like some of your responses ane I really got mad love 4 yall. I will be making edibles with the 2 plants close to harvest. Some of yall needa chill with the assumptions tho. N Sorry for egging on some of u organic guys. I use caps b and nematodes are actually on the way!
But nematodes dont kill flyers.

Right now im enjoying the confidence of knowing there are no more fucking flyers laying eggs lil bastards r done.

Nugteq

Nugteq

While we are on the subject

Here is just my personal ex take it 4 what it is most of u have actual advice that was solid and I appreciate it.

Rx for RA
1. Mallet 75 2 Tbs 5gal concentrated 1x application followed by another next day and 1 more in a week just to make sure 3 day life sex cycle is fucked. Mixed with regular feed water and watered till runoff.

2. Playsand on top does work quite well!

3. Caps tea brewed 48hrs with added foliar for good measure @4 tsp additional per 5gal on top of already brewed foliar and root tea
3x weekly concentrated until for sure life cycle is disrupted
Edit: use systemic only in veg and no later than 2 weeks into flower. Halflife of mallet is like 21 days I believe.

4. During treatment I took seamaiden advice and put stockings on bottom of all pots to prevent RA flyers entry..worked well! Couodnt figure how they were staying alive they were hiding in weird places like behind toilet 1 rogue flyer lmao

At this point I was somewhat frustrated that there is literally no.chance in hell these bastards survived that in the root zone...nope they survived via sexed flyers laying damn eggs.

5. Bleach all surfaces...

6. What to do about RA flyers??? I put about 100 yellow sticky pads everywhere...i mean everywhere...

7. Said fuck it. Aerosol the air to make sure I didnt miss any.

Looks like problem is solved gentleman.

Nematodes and caps all I need now!

One love farmer fam

Last edited:
sixstring

sixstring

Jesus looks like some strait up organic freiks bs coming out of the closet.

To the op if you can put the organic mess to the side take it from a salt grower and a person that uses chems to clean rooms with those flowers just need tossed in the trash. Once you hit week 4 no chems should be used on the plant.

I know why you grabbed the raid and atleast I will be man enough not to bust your nuts about it, shit happens when in panic mode.

Besides the health issue it really comes down to this. You let that loose anyone that gets it will know right away it tastes like shit. People will be pissed and your name will become tainted. Theres no way to get that taste out of it at all. Even as a edibal its gonna have a taste nobody will like.

Here is tip for your aphid issue. Dig into capulators og bio war products. Do some reading about it and understand it. Yes its benificial bacterias and it will take care of those root aphids and alot of other pests.
so its all good at week 3 of flower ? god forbid your name gets "tainted lmao

Nugteq

Nugteq

Also these aerosol sprays like Dr doom n raid r crap

Started all this for these wimpy watered down aerosol sprays

Like this shit is not that powerful lets just calm down people

Also side note but relevant! My plants in flower were like 15ft away from application and the 2 most mature plants furthest away.

Buuuut. Totally would NEVER use aerosol pesticides unless I had to fight a flying insect that was born pre sexed and had was adept at hiding and avoiding death .

Like why take a chance with these buggers

xenon730

xenon730

Thanks everyone. I really like some of your responses ane I really got mad love 4 yall. I will be making edibles with the 2 plants close to harvest. Some of yall needa chill with the assumptions tho. N Sorry for egging on some of u organic guys. I use caps b and nematodes are actually on the way!
But nematodes dont kill flyers.

Right now im enjoying the confidence of knowing there are no more fucking flyers laying eggs lil bastards r done.
i don't understand why you have such a hard time disposing of the buds you ruined. would you cook and eat a steak you openly bug bombed? get over your perceived loss and ffs throw it out. hermies, bugs, and catastrophic failures happen in this game and you're looking at it the exact wrong way.

Nugteq

Nugteq

i don't understand why you have such a hard time disposing of the buds you ruined. would you cook and eat a steak you openly bug bombed? get over your perceived loss and ffs throw it out. hermies, bugs, and catastrophic failures happen in this game and you're looking at it the exact wrong way.
No your speaking before knowing just like a classic blog warrior

Nugteq

Nugteq

any way u could pop a lil nug off put flame to it see if it burns crazy?
Btw put nug samples in beacers and put torch to them

No nugs blew up and they smell good. Dont see any residue on plant.

16ft long room they were in corner so who knows but ya these puppies goin to edibles

xenon730

xenon730

No your speaking before knowing just like a classic blog warrior
i read the whole thread, you said you were going to eat it. i get that you might not have copious cannabis like a lot of people here but this isn't people overreacting, its just plain irrational to do anything other than toss it regardless of your emotions or cannabis situation. you are very clearly emotional about this and that's a bad reason to base almost any decision like this on.

also, what's a blog warrior? this is as far as my internet "presence" goes. i think Instagram warrior would be more appropriate for what i think you're saying. that seems to be the arena for showing off cannabis, etc.

Nugteq

Nugteq

Sixstring ur right tho
Dont recommended fumigation after 3 weeks of flower. Thats giving the halflife of active ingredient in Permethrin 2x the time to recover. Although there is NO science showing Permethrin is harmful to humans. At all. Period. Like none. Nada. Zip. Zilch

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom