• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
I have never battled RA, but have dealt with Fungus Gnats quite a bit. If I catch them before total infestation my go to fix is a simple old school trick that I don't see mentioned much anymore.... Dawn dish detergent.
I don't have a solid recipe for this , but two or three drops in a five gallon bucket of water gets a mildly sudsy solution that I use as a soil drench. I used to use it in soil grows with good results and have found it works well in my UC system as well. In the UC I put five or six drops into the rez and then filled the entire system completely full, so full it overflowed the pods and completely saturated the clay pellets all the way up to the stalk. I ran this for a few hours and then flushed with plain water and watched all the dead bodies drain out. Refilled Rez with notes and went on from there with no bugs.
I also tried spraying white vinegar lightly around the top of my pellets... seemed to knock them back pretty well.
Not sure if that works for root aphids , but they are similar to FGs right?
Just my two cents on simple, cheap IPM.
Grow hard!
Gnats are child's play compared to aphids not even in the same league
I havent used it on aphids but used on a ton of other pests in tge home and garden
See above quote

Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey

Premium Member
Supporter
Everyone can see that ur planning on selling that. Don't care what u say, if it was for you personally there would be no discussion. No way you would ingest or smoke it. Total dick move and I for one hope you don't seriously hurt someone. Hope your conscience can handle it and if it can you are one serious POS. I'm done with this thread.

Nugteq

Nugteq

Everyone can see that ur planning on selling that. Don't care what u say, if it was for you personally there would be no discussion. No way you would ingest or smoke it. Total dick move and I for one hope you don't seriously hurt someone. Hope your conscience can handle it and if it can you are one serious POS. I'm done with this thread.
Lol OK! Glad ur done move on

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

Same thing as dr doom
http://hightimes.com/grow/grow-hack-top-5-safest-pesticides/
"Pyrethrin
Bug bombs commonly contain pyrethrin, a natural component of chrysanthemums. While pyrethrin is approved for use in organic crops against insects, you should exercise care when using it. It can irritate the skin and respiratory track and is toxic to bees."
Marijuana buds are not apples or cucumbers. The fog will go inside the. Byds and trichomes.

With apples ir cucumbers wash it off with soap and water.

Also the lungs are more delicate than tge stomach

Why cant you admit your mistake and move on?

I say chop the ones in flower.

I sure hope you arent growing for dispensaries.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

According to who? You?
You're darn right me!

I almost died five times, and one of those times severely damaged my lungs from breathing poison like you ruined thise plants .

If you dont want to chop the plants then use the suggestion of making edibles with it.

Nugteq

Nugteq

Although I respect your personal experience and heartfelt fully empathise with what you have personally gone through. .

Does anybody qoute references now a days before just speaking on 'how they feel'

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
No but you dont have to poison the plants with Raid fogger.
I agree but if you've never battled aphids and think that things that will work on gnats work on aphids I pray you never have to deal with them

Nugteq

Nugteq

Nugteq said:
"Couodnt figure how they were staying alive they were hiding in weird places like behind toilet"

this is a bathroom grow?
Its not the size of the grow that matters..but how u use it lmao too stoned rn

Veg
Nugteq

Nugteq

And this is why i only smoke weed that I grew!!!!

Have fun smoking/eating raid!! rmfao!!
Lol when u wrote that and I read it I seen your avatar and swore u talked to me in a grumpy old dwarf voice lmao

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Ok so I should not have called names you are right and I apologise. Please dont start off with name calling because its wasteful and disrespectful and wont get u far obviously Golden Rule right.

Ok Yes deed is done. But Ill clarify and elaborate and maybe get some more feedback.

Last harvest is done. I run a perpetual garden but only 2 plants in room are 2 weeks away from harvest. They've never been sick have never been hit with any pesticides never needed. Have no systemic or anything in system but were in room when I bug bombed.

Have any of you posted fought root aphids?
One person posted about ladybugs and Diactamcous earth, ya that stuff doesnt kill flying form of Root Aphid doesnt even kill root aphids in general.
Glue traps work if you are trying to stem the infestation.

Im talking like eradication here people. No more chance of Flyers laying eggs period.

Well Ive eradicated them in my medium with Mallet 75 followed with caps tea and foliar concentrated however I simply do not want any fliers to lay eggs so I fogged everything to be safe. For next crop.

Raid generic fogger is same active ingredient found in Dr Doom. So back to question. Does dr doom or raid fumigator leave any residue on plants that could make buds unsafe? Rest my plants are in veg or 2nd to 3rd week flower

One person said to wash plants even in veg.

Can you elaborate on why this is never please? Thanks
Hey bro, are you just really baked or just outta touch? Legit question because anyone that has been around a bit would never even have to ask if RAID is ok to use on either flowering or vegging plants.

I suggest to answer your question, you bomb 1 more time, then harvest and smoke it all for yourself.

Damn man, I am amazed how just when you think you seen and heard it all, someone takes the trophy to another level. :( Harsh maybe so, there are just some days you dont want to be politically correct.

Last edited:
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks. Nothing wrong with your opinion. Would like to hear from ag farmers tho!
Here you go. As requested. Now ask yourself if you have any more questions.................

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
THURSDAY, MAY 31, 2012
Washington, D.C. – In an innovative study, researchers at the Duke University School of Medicine have developed a laboratory screening system for detecting neurotoxic chemicals and successfully tested it on more than 1,400 potential toxicants. The study confirmed the high toxic activity of the chemical piperonyl butoxide, a so-called chemical “synergist” used to increase the potency of more than 700 insecticides, including many for home use.

The testing showed that piperonyl butoxide (PBO) disrupts a biological signaling system that is “critical in neurological development,” the researchers reported in the abstract of their paper, published in the May 2012 edition of the journal Toxicological Sciences. The study found that the disruption of this critical pathway “may be the molecular basis for profound developmental defects in children exposed in utero to PBO.”

“With tens of thousands of chemicals in widespread use with minimal safety testing, the Duke study shines a bright light on the potential hazards of household pesticides," said EWG Senior Scientist David Andrews Ph.D. “This testing model may teach us much about the industrial chemicals that are in our homes. This study underscores why pregnant women should steer clear of handling any household insecticide. These exposures could very well put their unborn babies in contact with these chemicals during the most fragile period of development.”

Piperonyl butoxide is not itself classified as a pesticide, but companies combine it with insecticides to increase their potency. PBO came into widespread use when the Environmental Protection Agency phased out chlorpyrifos and other organophosphate pesticides more than a decade ago after determining that they posed a risk to children’s health. Many current products contain five to ten times more PBO than the pesticide itself. PBO is listed among the top 10 chemicals detected in indoor dust, often a significant route of exposure to children.

Only in the last few years have the risks of exposure to piperonyl butoxide become evident. In 2011, researchers at Columbia University’s Mailman School of Public Health found that infants whose mothers had been exposed to low levels of PBO in air during pregnancy had impaired cognitive and motor development by the age three.

“We were concerned when our study confirmed that PBO disrupted neurological development pathways – especially given the widespread use of this chemical in American homes,” said Wei Chen PhD, assistant professor at the Duke School of Medicine and an author of the new study. “Our study demonstrates the need for additional research and evaluation of the safety profile of PBO as a pesticide synergist and the value of high- throughput screening in assessing the potential toxicity of chemicals.”

Common household insecticide products that contain piperonyl butoxide include, among others, the following:

• Raid Commercial Flying Insect Killer

• Raid Indoor Fogger Formula IV

• Raid Flea Killer Plus

• Black Flag Flying Insect Killer

• Ritter’s flea & Tick Spray

• Ortho Tomato & Vegetable Insect Killer

• Bonide Mosquito Insect Spray

• Terro Insect Killer

• Terro Carpenter Ant and Termite Killer

http://www.ewg.org/news/news-releas...rms-toxicity-widely-used-pesticide-ingredient

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom