Rain soaked kolas from Ophelia, what to do?

• Thread starter radrichie61
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
radrichie61

radrichie61

With tropical storm Ophelia coming I had to decide whether the harvest three weeks or so early, or risk it and let them get rained on. I didn’t think it was gonna rain too terrible but it did, I was right on the edge of the storm. I’ve got koalas that are about 2 feet tall and way developed. Growing Amnesia Haze. Big thick koalas. What do I do now they were under umbrella but still got super wet.

pre storm pics, plastic is gone, ripped off by a previous storm.
Rain soaked kolas from ophelia what to do
Rain soaked kolas from ophelia what to do 2
Rain soaked kolas from ophelia what to do 3
Rain soaked kolas from ophelia what to do 4

As always, thanks a bunch.

Homesteader

Homesteader

Try to get as much sun and dryness on them as possible. A fan if you can would help but not needed if it's windy.
Not all strains will rot and healthy plants don't get pm often but you also may want to cut any fan leaves to get air flow.

radrichie61

radrichie61

Try to get as much sun and dryness on them as possible. A fan if you can would help but not needed if it's windy.
Not all strains will rot and healthy plants don't get pm often but you also may want to cut any fan leaves to get air flow.
Thank you, right now I have two circulating fans in a window fan going blowing through the whole garden hopefully that’ll help there is wind every once in a while but not that much anymore. Thanks

BTalbott

BTalbott

I would try to get them dried soon as possible but if you can harvest soon I would do it. I raised amnesia haze for the last two years and last year when we finally got rain at the end of the season, of couse we got too much. I had to throw alot away due to mold so watch the forcast closely.

Nightstick008

Nightstick008

With tropical storm Ophelia coming I had to decide whether the harvest three weeks or so early, or risk it and let them get rained on. I didn’t think it was gonna rain too terrible but it did, I was right on the edge of the storm. I’ve got koalas that are about 2 feet tall and way developed. Growing Amnesia Haze. Big thick koalas. What do I do now they were under umbrella but still got super wet.

pre storm pics, plastic is gone, ripped off by a previous storm.View attachment 2045879View attachment 2045880View attachment 2045881View attachment 2045882

Beautiful plants. I was hit with some much rain this year. I had a couple of my girls that were like this. I started them very early, so they matured earlier. I would shake the rain off them and pray for a breeze. It got to the point where as soon as they were all cloudy, I gave them the chop. I experienced a couple of little spots of bud rot, so I harvested.

radrichie61

radrichie61

Shake them dry as best you can. You should do this every morning anyway, if you’re on the east coast. Do it a couple times a day, but be careful of snapping stems if they’re too too heavy.

View attachment 2045992
I keep,a patio tent over them at night to block dew, is the bomb. Had them up,but did not stop all of it.

Just checked them again and drying out real nicely. Woooo hooooo

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

pre storm pics, plastic is gone, ripped off by a previous storm.View attachment 2045879View attachment 2045880View attachment 2045881View attachment 2045882

Your not allowed to grow koalas they native to Australia😂👍

radrichie61

radrichie61

Beautiful plants. I was hit with some much rain this year. I had a couple of my girls that were like this. I started them very early, so they matured earlier. I would shake the rain off them and pray for a breeze. It got to the point where as soon as they were all cloudy, I gave them the chop. I experienced a couple of little spots of bud rot, so I harvested.
Thanks. Had them growing in my garden for cover and was too humid. Once septoria hit, I fought it all summer. Has not done anything to buds or development that I can see, but hell, I am such a novice.
Speaking of haz, has anyone grown it and if so it looks like late October for harvest in terms of timing but will be checking closely with loupe, but thoughts. Has,anyone grown this?

S

Slapnuts

I keep,a patio tent over them at night to block dew, is the bomb. Had them up,but did not stop all of it.

Just checked them again and drying out real nicely. Woooo hooooo
Man you got lucky. Mine are all very very said looking. I didn’t do anything about the storm. Just let them sit out there. One of
IMG 7724
IMG 7725
my stalks split down the middle and a couple branches snapped off from the weight too. I’m just hoping they don’t all get destroyed by mold.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Man you got lucky. Mine are all very very said looking. I didn’t do anything about the storm. Just let them sit out there. One of View attachment 2047012View attachment 2047013my stalks split down the middle and a couple branches snapped off from the weight too. I’m just hoping they don’t all get destroyed by mold.
tie/tape them up, with outdoor growing your most important issue is try to keep them healthy and greenish as long as possible, the healthier the plant generally comes with no issues, keep her immune system strong to prevent mildew/pest etc..
i think you’ll be fine.. as long as the weather plays nice..

S

Slapnuts

tie/tape them up, with outdoor growing your most important issue is try to keep them healthy and greenish as long as possible, the healthier the plant generally comes with no issues, keep her immune system strong to prevent mildew/pest etc..
i think you’ll be fine.. as long as the weather plays nice..
The one that split I tied it with some string back together lol. I might go back and use electrical tape. I’m gonna try and dry them out a bit today after work.

Latest posts

Top Bottom