Random stuff... breeders, banks, and strains.

• Thread starter MHippie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
I just dropped ten seeds that are likely from my old SD... But they weren't labeled... And most of my seeds from that era are toast.
I used to just keep them behind the bar... And the heat coming from the fridge coils cooked them. Have a hell of a time getting anything to germinate... But I keep trying.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
I just dropped ten seeds that are likely from my old SD... But they weren't labeled... And most of my seeds from that era are toast.
I used to just keep them behind the bar... And the heat coming from the fridge coils cooked them. Have a hell of a time getting anything to germinate... But I keep trying.

After our fire almost a couple years ago now, I found an old can in an outbuilding with some ancient UFOs that make plants nice and crispy. Tried to germ more than 100 seeds. Got 2 to pop. They were old widow crossed with wtf knows. Grew it smoked it. Stuff was so weak it was like cbd flower. Half high. Yuck. Had to rebuild my seedbank the old fashioned way lol :)))

BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
After our fire almost a couple years ago now, I found an old can in an outbuilding with some ancient UFOs that make plants nice and crispy. Tried to germ more than 100 seeds. Got 2 to pop. They were old widow crossed with wtf knows. Grew it smoked it. Stuff was so weak it was like cbd flower. Half high. Yuck. Had to rebuild my seedbank the old fashioned way lol :)))
That's too bad... Seams like the rebuild is going very well, however.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
I just had this convo with the spousal unit yesterday, apparently if I buy one more pack of seeds she is getting new furniture. 🤷‍♂️

Ohhhhhh mine laid down THE LAW on my butt. It goes something like this:

"You know those Louie's?"

(uh oh play dumb) Uhhhhhhh Louies? New restaurant honey? (heh heh)

"Right.. that word you LOOOOOVE SO MUCH? What Jennifer Annistan always wears. What you cringe at when you see the label when I've gone shopping. A LOUIE LOUIE OOOO OOOO... "

About that time she starts dancing around the living being an idiot because we've been together for more than 2 decades and playing dumb no longer works... aaaaaaaand she's got something up her sleeve.

"So yesterday I was (insert an excuse for snooping on my computer) and found your seed inventory spreadsheet. Thought it was for taxes (hah hah two can play the stupid game huh?). My lord we have a lot of seeds. What would you say you pay for a pack on average? $40? $50? $80?"

Sputters... uhhhhhhh well if you count the freebies it kind of averages around uh... uh... (I have no fucking clue) $30 ISH?

"Well Saks has a sale this weekend in NOLA and Sarah and I are headed down there. Do you want me to pick up anything for you?"

I'm like well... what are you going there for Ms. Louie Singer? (like I don't know what's coming next...)

"Oh I'm going to spend my half of whatever you used to buy all of those seeds. I need some new shoes (like a hole in the head)!"

So how much do you think I spent on seeds this year baby?

"(whatever she says at this point becomes a VERY loud buzzing sound as I faint and hit the floor)"

That's a lot of f'ng shoes... or maybe just a pair. Idk.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter

"Right.. that word you LOOOOOVE SO MUCH? What Jennifer Annistan always wears. What you cringe at when you see the label when I've gone shopping. A LOUIE LOUIE OOOO OOOO... "

About that time she starts dancing around the living being an idiot because we've been together for more than 2 decades and playing dumb no longer works... aaaaaaaand she's got something up her sleeve.

"So yesterday I was (insert an excuse for snooping on my computer) and found your seed inventory spreadsheet. Thought it was for taxes (hah hah two can play the stupid game huh?). My lord we have a lot of seeds. What would you say you pay for a pack on average? $40? $50? $80?"

Sputters... uhhhhhhh well if you count the freebies it kind of averages around uh... uh... (I have no fucking clue) $30 ISH?

"Well Saks has a sale this weekend in NOLA and Sarah and I are headed down there. Do you want me to pick up anything for you?"

I'm like well... what are you going there for Ms. Louie Singer? (like I don't know what's coming next...)

"Oh I'm going to spend my half of whatever you used to buy all of those seeds. I need some new shoes (like a hole in the head)!"

"(whatever she says at this point becomes a VERY loud buzzing sound as I faint and hit the floor)"

I think it's just a pair or max two. 😆😂😆🤷‍♂️

Turnabout is fair play on these matters I'm afraid 😶📏🧙🧙‍♂️⏲️🥂🍾🙃🤷‍♀️🤷‍♂️👻🤠

dire wolf

dire wolf

Yea but ..... Can you clone shoes and make more shoes ? No... Can you cross shoes and make hundreds of new shoes that you can give to your friends ? No !
Shoes Loose , seeds win

amekins

amekins

I have never understood this fascination some women have with shoes, clothes and jewelry. Earrings are about it for me...and cooking gadgets...and now seeds and grow shit.

amekins

amekins

At least we have amekins on our side , I'll bet she makes wise shoe and seed purchase decisions 😜
Have you seen my inventory? Hippie Dude has. Shoes...Brooks Ariel are it. I have a carbon steel brace that fits into the left one. Can’t really wear other shoes. Seeds...yeah, good choices, I think.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Not me. My "main wardrobe" is simple. Levi's. Hanes Beefy T's (black only). Baseball cap. Black Ariats. I get dressed up for Mardi Gras (Tails), and funerals (black suit). Nothing in between. I wear color when we go out to dinner or something.
I like having different colors to wear based on my mood. I have blue shirts and green shirts and yellow shirts and pink shirts and red shirts and white shirts and black shirts. All solid color tees or sweatshirts lol. From target or uniqlo or something.

I also like buying ridiculous graphic tees on vacation. The more obviously knock off or whatever the better.

Most importantly, though, is regularly buying new underwear. Nothing like the soft caress of in its prime fabric on the ol'.......

And in the winter that includes long johns.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
I like colors in my bud. Clothes? Einstein was on to something. It's a lot easier if the pants are all blue Jean's and the shirts are all gray scale. It becomes... what fabric. Fuck colors. :))))

Ok... this is a Chemdog #4 male. Last 4 seeds. Got two plants. 1 male. 1 fem. LUCKY. I cloned both of them before I flowered them. So... that's a really good thing. Chemdog is an awesome foundation strain. Nice to have one of each going into perm veg. So onto the plan...

I really really really like using a water color brush to paint the pollen on to chosen buds, especially for this kind of circumstance. Because....

I already crossed my Purple pheno Astro Kush to an awesome Astro Kush male... cause seeds lol! And I live Kush. But I only did two popcorn branches.

I'll mark the branches of the plants i pollenate with plant tape marked CD. Cause a 3rd branch of Astro Kush is getting crossed with Chemdog #4.

I'm also hitting:
Purple Mountain Majesty
LA Confidential
Blue Cookies
Chemdog #4 (duh lol)
Girl Scout Cookies

Just for the hell of it. Tired of the seedbank thing already. Everything is Mother's Tit Milk x Fruity Tootie Fung Swai Kum By Ya. I'm waiting on the edge of my seat for ambrosia glue when I could be breeding it out myself.
20201212 204714

Last edited:
Top Bottom