Random stuff... breeders, banks, and strains.

• Thread starter MHippie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Hey all! I'm not up for keeping a detailed grow diary. There's just too much going on to debate boards, lux, methods, nutes, blah blah blah. My plants, wife, and work keep me busy enough. But I thought it might be cool to chronicle some strain related stuff along the way.

Lines I'm working with:

Mark from Strainly: Buncha stuff - I honestly don't know what to think at this point. I'll reserve my final thoughts for the harvest. The autos? Meh. The snowryder at 3ft is definitely not snowryder. That thing is in a bonsai pot and should have put the brakes on at 18 to 24 inches. If I do any autos in the future it's going to be Mephisto only for sure. Im not a big auto fan anyway, but.... if I'm putting I'm time in, they better be straight. But the Monster Kush, Green and Purple Headband are legit and growing monster strong outside. Each is well over 5.2" (wife's height lol). Good cola formation. Strong side branching. For photos the Lemon Skunk #2, Blue Cookies, GSC, Blue God are doing what is expected. We'll see what happens when we get to finishing. I got A LOT of males that went back to bonsai/veg. LA Confidential, LS #2, Blue Cookies, GSC, King Kong. Next year is going to be interesting if the rest confirms. If not? Time for a big weenie roast.

3Thirteen: Sin N Juice - Been looking forward to working with a HydroRed strain. Will update when there is something to talk about.

Hazeman: Astro Kush - I'm a HUGE fan of anything Kush. Someone I have a lot of respect for recently grew this strain and loved it. When there's something to talk about, I'll share lol.

HSC: Pineapple Muffin, Squirt, Purple Mountain Majesty. Man... I don't even know where to begin. I have harvested all three this season. They are all top shelf. I mean frosted dank and stanky you just want to smoke this shit 24/7 good. This is what happens when trainwreck, blueberry muffin and other yummy strains come together. Their 10k plant unicorn search paid off. This is by far the most superior if anything I've touched this season. The PMM confused me because it comes up like Charley Browns Christmas tree, sparse AF. And then it puts on tennis ball sized side nugs and ginormous single colas out of nowhere. By far the weirdest plant I've ever grown. In fact if it was an unknown seed I would have yanked it up in veg.

Dino's Party Chucks: Black Light Bubba - His gear has been lauded by some top shelf growers. So I'm giving this strain a shot. We'll see what happens.

Nutes: I've used Fox Farms, Dutch Master Gold, and Earth Juice Seablast this season with a side of cal/mag and Epson Salts depending in the plant, stage, foliar or not etc. For me the 4 stage Seablast line has performed best. I love everything about it. It's a dry line so my money goes a lot farther with it.

Seed banks: Strainly, Seedsman, DCSE. In short Strainly and Seedsman can suck it. Seedsman is taking a generation to deliver. Strainly cant decide whether they are open or closed. And the prices are for the most part bullshit high. DC Seed Exchange? Love them. And they take cashapp. Their shipping is very fast. And they have a great mix of up and coming breeders as well as highly sought after genetics.

Idk with everything that's going on in the world, the plants are a great thing to focus on. They are completely unaffected by the folly of man. Of that, I am envious indeed.
Random stuff  breeders banks and strains
Random stuff  breeders banks and strains 2
Random stuff  breeders banks and strains 3
Random stuff  breeders banks and strains 4

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
So here's something I'm working on. From left to right...

HSC - Purple Mountain Majesty Fem Clone
HSC - Squirt Fem Clone
HSC - Pineapple Muffin x Purple Kush Male Bonsai

Late last year I crossed a Purple Kush male with an HSC Pineapple Muffin fem. Collected the seeds and put 3 down immediately. I have bonsais of all three plants. All three have been cloned. This plant's clone expressed male.

I have had such a good time with HSC stock, that I thought it would be cool to cross the male with the two clones and see what happens. This shit takes a minute but the eventual goal is to bring Squirt, Pineapple Muffin, and PMM into 1 strain. What I noticed about all 3 is that the blueberry muffin expresses A LOT of dominance and the Purple trainwreak gets lost in it all. I really like the purple kush that I crossed the PM with and thought it would be cool to inject some more purple goo into the mix. Guess if it doesn't turn out the way I want then I can hunt down purple trainwreck and do it again. But the journey is fun.

20201004 111728
MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
So I'm pretty excited about how this HSC purple mountain majesty is finishing. This one got the benefit of a cold snap. Now the edges of the leaves look like they are airbrushed purple :) I really enjoy this kind of thing. Can't say enough good about this strain.
20201006 161447

20201006 161500

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
I got sick of Strainly, the flakey fuxks over there, and the crazy prices. Decided to try DC Seed Exchange this time instead of the Euro supplier I usually go to. In addition to top shelf breeders like HSC, Oni, Bog, etc they also carry HydroRed's 3Thirteen line. So I ordered a Hazeman strain I've been wanting to grow... Astro Kush and a 3Thirteen strain Sin N Juice. I received what was ordered plus 3 freebies! A 5 pack each of Hazeman LA Pure Kush and Killer Queen x Blowfish as well of a 7 pack of 3Thirteen's Sin City Juice. And they were here in 2 days. These guys rock!
20201006 154005

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Some random stuff... The final clone momma line up from the season. I ended up with some excellent clone mommas from 8 strains. 3 HSC (Pineapple Muffin, Purple Mountain Majesty, Squirt). 4 classics (Lemon Skunk #2, Blue God, Blue Cookies, Girl Scout Cookies. 1 hybrid (Pineapple Muffin x Purple Kush)
20201010 220847

This is mainlining gone bad lol. I should have reinforced the center stalk before attempting this one. It's really stocky so... I was stupid and split it. So to fix it I did what I should have done in the first place and wrapped it with bonsai wire. It should knit. Hopefully. I wrapped the other branch before bending it so that it wouldn't snap. When the branch will hold shape in its own then the wire will be removed. One of the internodes was stunted and so it was removed. The other 3 will be cloned as soon as they are large enough. And that will leave the 4 on the ends. When this plant's clones are established then this one will go to flower. 1 of the clones will be selected as momma. The other 2 will be flowered.
20201010 220802

I use an aero cloner with growex and have a lot of luck with larger clones. I prefer them because they are huge time savers imo. 2 weeks in the dirt to make sure they are established and they get flipped to flower. Works great to make a smaller plant out of something that usually grows like a tree outside. I just harvested this ones mother. 4ft or so of outside plant. This clone has been in the dirt for 2 weeks, just flipped to flower, and a branch of its buds will be crossed with pollen from Pineapple Muffin x Purple Kush. This plant is a Purple Mountain Majesty and is about a foot tall.

20201011 081527

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
The larger plants in the back are the 8 bonsai clone mommas that remain along with with what's going on in veg. There are a couple of main lines, an LST, some BLB and Pineapple muffin seedlings. And then there are some new seeds sprouting. Sin City Juice (3Thirteen), Astro Kush (Hazeman), LA Confidential, OG Cake, and Chem Dog 4.

20201016 120958

20201016 121158

20201016 121054

My Viparspectra P2000 with UFOs on either side.

20201016 105113

20201016 121224

20201016 121241

20201016 121246

20201016 121252

20201016 121326

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
So some semi weird shit. I just realized that my entire current grow is going to come down over a 2 week span of time unless something REALLY goes bad. Bunch of different strains but they are all coming due like they are on the same schedule or something. Definitely wasn't planned. And some of these plants like the outside autos have been around for A LONG time. But I have others inside that are at least a month behind those from clones. Just weird how things happen like that. And to counter act the "holy shit it's all hanging at the same time and nothing is going to be pending", I had to pop more beans.

I just put down more 3Thirteen and Hazeman gear. Killer Queen x Blow Fish and LA Pure Kush from Hazeman. Sin N Juice from 3Thirteen. This will be the first run with 3Thirteen beans. I've heard a lot of good. Will be cool to see if it lives up to its hype. Hazeman gear rocks. Love the stuff. Love their Kush anything.

And finally I have to speak to the Mark from Strainly seed thing. Ok so when you go to a guy and say I want 5 of everything you've got. And he puts together 42 strains... and they are all reg seeds, even the autos. Well there are going to be "things" that happen.

The autos? I'm going to have to run those again. I'm not sure if i got the strain cards mixed up when I was popping the beans but... snowryder is supposed to be short. Mine is definitely not short. Purple and Green Headbands should be relatively the same type of plant structure, etc. Mine are not. They are growing completely differently from one another. Maybe if each originated from different breeders? Idk man. All i know is that their flower shapes, grow in, structure is ALL different. I mean WAY different. The one labeled Monster Kush is definitely coming in like a Kush. All 4 of the autos are putting on frost well before they are close to done. That's the upside. At this point all I really care about is... will it produce some chronic. These plants are all between 4.5 and 6ft tall. I expect the yields are going to be worth the wait.

The photos... Well I tried really hard to kill 5 of them (GSC, Blue Cookies, Lemon Skunk #2). But they are pulling through and like the autos, frosting up well before they are done. I have 2 other photos inside under my P2000. They are just grown naturally and it's the same as the outside 5. Nice frost. Great flower development. Sure as hell looks like Lemon Skunk #2 and Blue Cookies to me lol :)

Downside is that I had a number of non-viable strains (OG-18, Super Fruit, Green Goddess, and others), high percentage of males (greater than 50%), 1 hermie (the supposed Snowryder).

So was it worth it at a dollar a bean? Well actually less. I paid $80 for 100 so all 40 some odd strains were less than $200. Pros and Cons. Pro is the price of course and the ability to experience a lot of strains in one shot without taking out a mortgage. The Con is that it's not from a well known breeder, and it's like a Forest Gump box of chocolates. You don't know what you get until you bite into one of them. I've wasted a lot of time going from seed to flower only to run into a male. Out of 21 strains germ'd, I'm left with clone mommas from Blue Cookies, Blue God, GSC, Lemon Skunk #2. 4 of 21.

To answer the question? No. I wouldn't do it again. What I've gotten to the other side is good. But when you are batting less than a 20% net rate after non-viable seeds and males? That's a pretty suck ass return on your time.

I'll post some pics of the plants I have from his gear later. Can't confirm until I smoke it, but all indicators at this point are pretty good that it's going to be really good... what's made it through to flower anyway.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Autoflowers are not photoperiod plants and are grown differently, while Methisto is one of my favorite breeders there not the only ones with good genetics, if you dont like them why pay more for seeds? If you take the time to learn about autoflowers you may not have so much trouble. 3 different breeders non methisto.

20200215 193628
20181007 094253
20181108 122518
MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Autoflowers are not photoperiod plants and are grown differently, while Methisto is one of my favorite breeders there not the only ones with good genetics, if you dont like them why pay more for seeds? If you take the time to learn about autoflowers you may not have so much trouble. 3 different breeders non methisto.
Mephisto you meant? I have Alien v. Triangle that I'm running in the Spring. Very well aware of the differences between running autos and photos... as I have both lol.

Read my post again. This was specifically about a $1 per bean seed breeder and the quality or lack thereof associated with his product.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter

Here check these pics out. I went out and took them so that you can see what I'm talking about :)

Blue Cookies - Photo
20201019 165813

Lemon Skunk #2 - Photo
20201019 165721

Supposed to be Snowryder - Auto and it's a hermie.
20201019 165532

20201019 165604

Monster Kush - Auto
20201019 165426
20201019 165436
20201019 165501

Green Headband - Auto
20201019 165313

20201019 165338
20201019 165346

Purple Headband - Auto and it's completely different than the other headband.

20201019 165251

20201019 165305

20201019 165604
Last edited:
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Happy to see how this project is going! Hope the harvest is good....I'm sure it broke your heart to have to pop more beans...😆🙃

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Happy to see how this project is going! Hope the harvest is good....I'm sure it broke your heart to have to pop more beans...😆🙃
Hey stranger! Yeah man I'm totally shattered. Lololol! I put down 3 more strains yesterday. Sin N Juice, Rainbow Wiggler, and Road Snacks. That should round it out and put me at 100% capacity indoors for the winter. Don't know if you've seen it yet but I have upgraded my T5HOs for LED fixtures. Pretty stoked about it :)

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Hey stranger! Yeah man I'm totally shattered. Lololol! I put down 3 more strains yesterday. Sin N Juice, Rainbow Wiggler, and Road Snacks. That should round it out and put me at 100% capacity indoors for the winter. Don't know if you've seen it yet but I have upgraded my T5HOs for LED fixtures. Pretty stoked about it :)
I saw you went with the Viparspectra p series, which is what I run. Honestly I didn't want to start a lights discussion (and still don't) but I hope they treat you well! Guessing by your tone that you like them so far.

You end up having any luck with BOG?

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
I saw you went with the Viparspectra p series, which is what I run. Honestly I didn't want to start a lights discussion (and still don't) but I hope they treat you well! Guessing by your tone that you like them so far.

You end up having any luck with BOG?

Yeah I'm about light discussioned out with SF threads :))) I like the first two p2000s so much that i ordered in 2 p2500 for my flowering area. Heres why... you've already seen me run these outside. Check this out...

Re BOG and SB? No man :( I would love to find them though. I do have some Hazeman and 3Thirteen strains down though.

How's stuff going with you?

20201020 182003

20201020 181819

20201020 181808

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Yeah I'm about light discussioned out with SF threads :))) I like the first two p2000s so much that i ordered in 2 p2500 for my flowering area. Heres why... you've already seen me run these outside. Check this out...

Re BOG and SB? No man :( I would love to find them though. I do have some Hazeman and 3Thirteen strains down though.

How's stuff going with you?

View attachment 1046286
View attachment 1046285
View attachment 1046284
Glad to hear it on the lights! I'm doing well really, getting my feet under me with this hobby...my first crop was a small yield but the smoke has been excellent so I'm pleased.....my wife has also taken a strong interest to the point she is pseudo-adopting a plant next grow lol so all in all I can't complain about what's happening inside these walls!

I will keep a lookout for BOG Sour Bubble.... It sounds like it's absolutely fire... There is some BOG gear in the lineage of one of the plants I'm growing and the thing has been a beast growing. Very interested to try it.....it's some of the "new school" North American stuff that I think is interesting.

Edit: I just took a look at those pics again.....holy crap.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Glad to hear it on the lights! I'm doing well really, getting my feet under me with this hobby...my first crop was a small yield but the smoke has been excellent so I'm pleased.....my wife has also taken a strong interest to the point she is pseudo-adopting a plant next grow lol so all in all I can't complain about what's happening inside these walls!

I will keep a lookout for BOG Sour Bubble.... It sounds like it's absolutely fire... There is some BOG gear in the lineage of one of the plants I'm growing and the thing has been a beast growing. Very interested to try it.....it's some of the "new school" North American stuff that I think is interesting.

Edit: I just took a look at those pics again.....holy crap.

:)))) Cool ty re BOG. Those plants in the pics are clones of the ones I harvested a few weeks back and they are beasting out like yours. Hmmm me thinks there is some commonality there that we should pay attention.

No doubt smoking your grow is awesome. But having your other half in it with you? Nothing like it man. That's the pinnacle! Oh and that magic NEVER wears off. You'll see... :)

Top Bottom