Random stuff... breeders, banks, and strains.

• Thread starter MHippie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
And to anyone with any doubts about either LEDs or ViparSpectra? Heh. Compare this plant to my outside harvest of the same strain (PMM). I'm tickled shitless and this thing still has a few weeks to go I hope lol.
View attachment 1048441
Looks great! My attitude re: lights now, after 1.5 grows, is mine work fine and if I can get these results for this price then I'm happy.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Looks great! My attitude re: lights now, after 1.5 grows, is mine work fine and if I can get these results for this price then I'm happy.
Amen bro amen. My P2500's showed up today!!! That means I'll be 100% LED for the winter. And now I've got both my flower and vegs areas to break down, clean the shit out of, hang the new lights, move the plants back. Any idea how suck ass that particular project is going to be? Ugh. Buuuuuuut worth it.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Amen bro amen. My P2500's showed up today!!! That means I'll be 100% LED for the winter. And now I've got both my flower and vegs areas to break down, clean the shit out of, hang the new lights, move the plants back. Any idea how suck ass that particular project is going to be? Ugh. Buuuuuuut worth it.
Honestly, with headphones and good sativa bud I kind of like cleaning. Just need the right playlist and I can vibe doing anything mindless for at least an hour.

(This is total bullshit, but the above does help some 🤣😆)

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
I'm proud of this drone copter looking thing. This is going to be fun to watch flower :)

20201027 092654

And this grinder? Omg love the hell out of it. Best yet.

20201026 175151

...and I just smoked a test bud of Blue Cookies grown from Mark at Strainly seeds? Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!!! Body Buzz meet cerebral high. Cerebral high, meet the caffeine in my Jamaica Blue Mountain latte. It's a fng internal mind body party. Props Mark. Fuck. Now I dont want to work. I want to go sit down between my plants outside, smoke a pinner of this shit and watch the wind blow lol :))))

Buuuut back to work.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Harvest time. Mark at Strainly's Green Headband Auto. Flower time was LOOOOONG but it was outside. With an auto I wouldn't think that would affect their speed but idk. I dont have a lot of experience with autos. The nugs are frosty and dense. They stink. Good enough for me lol. I think it's enough to fill a gallon jar. Hopefully... :) We dont have a scale in the house anymore. I dropped it and oops. So we have small jars, Mason jars, and gallon jars :)

20201027 120302

20201027 123130

20201027 123605

20201027 133556
20201027 134246
MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
If anyone is interested, this is how I train a mainline before moving it I to a 5 gal grow bag. There's an extra secondary growth shoot left to clone when she gets transplanted and flipped. I made the last adjustment to it this morning to make the height of the 8 even.

20201028 130056
20201028 130124
20201028 130154
MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Alright guys. This is the part of the grow that sucks. It's called life. We lost power last night and it wont be back for a minute or 500. Generator will be here tomorrow morning but there might not be enough juice to go around. So now the ENTIRE thing is outside. My sprouts. My veg and bonsais. And my flowers. #%@%@^#& Gonna have one hell of a winter harvest it would appear.

20201029 180409

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
And as quickly as it goes to shit, it comes back around. Now everything is back inside. I got REALLY lucky, heard a rumor that a place was going to have a generator shipment come in this morning. It was true. And now... a generator is supplying power to our home. All of our services are satellite based anyway. So when we flipped the power back on, tv and internet came with the package.

Tomorrow running water happens. I don't have to charge my phone in my truck anymore. My clients aren't sending condolences any longer because my team is burying them with work. But I am here to tell you, managing an operation from a cell phone out in rural America where 5G is a myth... IS. A. BITCH. But we got the job done. Hurricanes can't hold us down lol!

I was bummed because I thought my entire veg was going to have to be flowered. And there are permanent fixtures in there lol! But now it appears it doesn't have to be that way. And that's cool... very cool. Would suck to watch all of that work go to flower.

Anyway I'm grateful. Really really grateful. A tornado went by our home and clipped the tops off of 40 - 50 foot pine trees like they were match sticks. Missed us by 50 yards or so. What we are sitting on today could have been a whole lot worse. This is actually just minor inconvenience when we could have faced a catastrophe.

The areas around us look like... uh... bad. Lines and trees are down everywhere. Roofs have been blown off houses. Entire barns are now crumpled pieces of steel. If anyone had a roll up door on their garage, business, barns, whatever? They are shit this morning. I haven't seen one roll up door intact yet after over 100 miles of driving today.

So this is my current crown jewel. Purple Mountain Majesty under the gen powered LEDs on Earth Juice Seablast Bloom Master until the finish.

20201030 181631
Last edited:
amekins

amekins

I'm proud of this drone copter looking thing. This is going to be fun to watch flower :)

View attachment 1048751

And this grinder? Omg love the hell out of it. Best yet.

View attachment 1048752

...and I just smoked a test bud of Blue Cookies grown from Mark at Strainly seeds? Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!!! Body Buzz meet cerebral high. Cerebral high, meet the caffeine in my Jamaica Blue Mountain latte. It's a fng internal mind body party. Props Mark. Fuck. Now I dont want to work. I want to go sit down between my plants outside, smoke a pinner of this shit and watch the wind blow lol :))))

Buuuut back to work.
Love my Kozo grinder. And Blue Cookies is on my list. You just keep the recommendations coming, Hippie Dude.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Quick question...how’s the heat from the lights? Because I’m dangerously close to taking the red pill entirely at this point instead of nibbling at it.

I dont know what the deal is with everyone else, but for me? Both the Viparspectra P2000 and P2500 lowered my temps down from what the T5HOs were putting out. Ran them last night without a/c for the first time. The only reason they have a fan going at all is for the plants benefit. Lower wattage too. Love em Amy! Make the leap :) Once you dial them in, you wont look back.

I'm running 2 P2000's in veg 2 x 6. And 2 P2500's in flower 5 x 6.

amekins

amekins

I dont know what the deal is with everyone else, but for me? Both the Viparspectra P2000 and P2500 lowered my temps down from what the T5HOs were putting out. Ran them last night without a/c for the first time. The only reason they have a fan going at all is for the plants benefit. Lower wattage too. Love em Amy! Make the leap :) Once you dial them in, you wont look back.

I’m looking simply at this one, with this tent.
https://smile.amazon.com/VIPARSPECTRA-Upgraded-Spectrum-Dimmable-Hydroponic/dp/B083JVXHF6

https://smile.amazon.com/Hydroponic-Obeservation-Window-Indoor-Growing/dp/B08HMLCLJZ

Can’t beat the price if it does the job. That just leaves me with needing fan/exhaust and I know what I want. It’s the most expensive item for the tent.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Can you tell me wattage to wattage what you replaced. I actually need the heat from my t-5 ‘s in winter.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
https://smile.amazon.com/VIPARSPECTRA-Upgraded-Spectrum-Dimmable-Hydroponic/dp/B083JVXHF6

https://smile.amazon.com/Hydroponic-Obeservation-Window-Indoor-Growing/dp/B08HMLCLJZ

Can’t beat the price if it does the job. That just leaves me with needing fan/exhaust and I know what I want. It’s the most expensive item for the tent.
I have bought six of that line individually for various purposes, including to give to my mother as a gift. The latest arrived just this week.

The dimmer dial is ace. Those are not easy to do well. Easy to buzz if they are crappy.

That's my opinion.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Can you tell me wattage to wattage what you replaced. I actually need the heat from my t-5 ‘s in winter.

I was running two Sunblaze 8 bulb 4x2's that got replaced with the Viparspectra P2500s. The wattage on the Sunblaze sticker says 453w? I can take a pic and upload it. The Viparspectra thing on top says Max 240w. So they went from I guess 906W down to 480W... I think. I really don't know that much about amps and watts.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
And as quickly as it goes to shit, it comes back around. Now everything is back inside. I got REALLY lucky, heard a rumor that a place was going to have a generator shipment come in this morning. It was true. And now... a generator is supplying power to our home. All of our services are satellite based anyway. So when we flipped the power back on, tv and internet came with the package.

Tomorrow running water happens. I don't have to charge my phone in my truck anymore. My clients aren't sending condolences any longer because my team is burying them with work. But I am here to tell you, managing an operation from a cell phone out in rural America where 5G is a myth... IS. A. BITCH. But we got the job done. Hurricanes can't hold us down lol!

I was bummed because I thought my entire veg was going to have to be flowered. And there are permanent fixtures in there lol! But now it appears it doesn't have to be that way. And that's cool... very cool. Would suck to watch all of that work go to flower.

Anyway I'm grateful. Really really grateful. A tornado went by our home and clipped the tops off of 40 - 50 foot pine trees like they were match sticks. Missed us by 50 yards or so. What we are sitting on today could have been a whole lot worse. This is actually just minor inconvenience when we could have faced a catastrophe.

The areas around us look like... uh... bad. Lines and trees are down everywhere. Roofs have been blown off houses. Entire barns are now crumpled pieces of steel. If anyone had a roll up door on their garage, business, barns, whatever? They are shit this morning. I haven't seen one roll up door intact yet after over 100 miles of driving today.

So this is my current crown jewel. Purple Mountain Majesty under the gen powered LEDs on Earth Juice Seablast Bloom Master until the finish.
Omg man I saw a headline of zeta coming for se louisiana and didn't think of you further in. Glad you are okay! That sounds horrifying.....the idea that you were managing a remote tech team during that time is....amusing in retrospect and not at the time lol.

When I was a child, I would be so scared of tornados during the summer that I would sit and watch the weather channel on (no internet but cable tv hell yeah 90s kids) and catch the local forecast to make sure no tornados were coming. The local forecast would flash by fast and I was like...nine? So I had to learn to read fast to get the report lol.

So yeah. I'm terrified of tornados. That sounds like a literal nightmare. Glad you're okay!!

Terpz719

Terpz719

Looks like Viparspectra is upping their game. Just a thought, you want at least 35 actual watts per square foot for good flowering. Not sure how much of the available area in the tent you plan on filling with canopy, but 100 watts might be on the low side. Good luck with your indoor grow!

Top Bottom