Rare Dankness & Friends - A Journey into Motherhood

• Thread starter outwest
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Ok. . .a little more luck. . .The Chem Wreck Haze and Cheese Quake have 100% germination (3 for 3 on each) and have been moved to rapid rooters. Still nothing from the Longs Peak Blue, which is a bummer as that was one I was really eager for. Trying to be patient. . .

. . .In the meantime, does any one have any germination advice to kickstart these puppies?

outwest

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
Well the last High Times I bought had it on the Cover for the Most potent strain tested at the cups. 25.49%
Very nice!!!

kushluvr

kushluvr

hey OW...........if the bean dont pop, then it dont pop...........thats the luck with beans!

make sure the towel isnt too wet too..........if its too wet, they will drown! just keep it fairly warm and humid...

also keep an out for hermies on those TGA gear.........ALOT of his gear lately has hermied! i gave up on TGA....

but GL on the rare dankness gear, the OG stuff is supposedly the next best thing to hit the industry! id be poppin those asap!!

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
hey OW...........if the bean dont pop, then it dont pop...........thats the luck with beans!

make sure the towel isnt too wet too..........if its too wet, they will drown! just keep it fairly warm and humid...

also keep an out for hermies on those TGA gear.........ALOT of his gear lately has hermied! i gave up on TGA....

but GL on the rare dankness gear, the OG stuff is supposedly the next best thing to hit the industry! id be poppin those asap!!

Thanks for the heads up!

outwest

slausongardens

slausongardens

you dont have to be so anal about the temps and all the preciseness and stuff haha unless thats just how you are.

i just throw seeds in a damp paper towel, put em in a cup, put a bag over the cup and put it somewhere dark like a shoe box or cupboard.

check it every day after 24 hrs, when i see a taproot i throw it in rockwool and put em on top of my cable box for a little heat. ive had bad luck with heating mats being too hot and humidity domes havent seemed necessary. once it comes out of the medium and reaches for the sky i put it under light.. i always have success..

not saying thats the only way, just showing that you dont have to be so crazy about making everything perfect, you could really just put the seed in soil and it will pop up. its nature so dont sweat on it too much ya know.

i can already tell youre going to do a good job because youre so open to learning.. you will learn a lot here. i sure did. just dont get too caught up on specific ways, theres a million ways to do everything and everyone has their own way so just find yours and perfect it. and remember its a plant, it grows on its own really you just gotta help it.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
not saying thats the only way, just showing that you dont have to be so crazy about making everything perfect, you could really just put the seed in soil and it will pop up. its nature so dont sweat on it too much ya know.

i can already tell youre going to do a good job because youre so open to learning.. you will learn a lot here. i sure did. just dont get too caught up on specific ways, theres a million ways to do everything and everyone has their own way so just find yours and perfect it. and remember its a plant, it grows on its own really you just gotta help it.

SG, thanks a ton for the advice, funny I just posted the very same sentiment in another thread. There are a million ways to grow great weed. The farm is incredible for self directed learning. I love to learn but hate the classroom setting, I way prefer to learn by doing, fucking up, asking lots of questions, and most importantly learning from my mistakes. We all make them, but if you can't turn them into something positive, then you are fucked. Several of the best advancements in my garden have been by making mistakes that at at the time I had no idea I was even making.

Excuse all the heady crap. I have been using a heating mat. Some of the beans seem cracked but no tail. I'm tempted to just pop them in the rapid rooter and see what happens.

outwest

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
It seems the first cherry has popped. Cheese Quake was the first at 100% germ (by far), and is the first to poke it's head out of the rapid rooter. Can't wait to see the chem wreck haze show it's face. Hoping for females. . .

outwest

FIRSTBABY sf

DieselBoy

DieselBoy

I got a real tasty pheno out of The Flav at one point... sure wish I'd held onto it. Just super fragrant. Never had any herm probs, but it was a while ago. Hopefully, TGA treats you right!

KitsapGrapeApe

KitsapGrapeApe

i'll be watching your ghost train for sure i have them on the way, i got 2 packs to try and insure a keeper. good luck

Venom818

Venom818

nice line up bro wish i had space to pop beans to many beans not enough time ill be watching this one bro

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I got a real tasty pheno out of The Flav at one point... sure wish I'd held onto it. Just super fragrant. Never had any herm probs, but it was a while ago. Hopefully, TGA treats you right!

Nice! Flavor and aroma are at the top of my list.

i'll be watching your ghost train for sure i have them on the way, i got 2 packs to try and insure a keeper. good luck

Cool. Hope you can share your grow. I'm super intrigued by the RD genetics.

nice line up bro wish i had space to pop beans to many beans not enough time ill be watching this one bro

Thanks, Venom. My goal is to have my own source for clones. Interestingly, I rearranged my current space to make room for the moms, and actually freed up some living space in the process. Growtent tetris.

outwest

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
nice homie cant wait...stoked on chen wreck haze

Thanks, DanK. I thought of you when I put the last of the sprouted chem wreck hazes in its RR. Starting from seed is really cool. I get totally stoked over the smallest advancements.

Now that I think about it, in theory those are some killer genetics. If they were able to bring out the strengths in each strain this could be very nice.

outwest

KitsapGrapeApe

KitsapGrapeApe

Nice! Flavor and aroma are at the top of my list.

Cool. Hope you can share your grow. I'm super intrigued by the RD genetics.

outwest

i will for sure, i'm digging the nevilles wreck male they're using, i've been interested in the nevilles haze for a long time, i'll probably do a big seed run with rd, alien an cv genetics in the fall

B

Burned Haze

Be patient with the seeds, I've had some late ones If i wasn't so patient they would of been dust and turned out to be awesome, one pack took a month to pop, and had 100% germ after the 3 1/2 mark.

Keep it going :)

-BH

motiv303

motiv303

Amputating Fakeness
Supporter
Sorry to hear about all the beans that didnt pop bro, bummer. In my experince when the seed shell does slifhtly open but then stops and does nothing else, the seeds were either duds, too wet, or too hot. I just put mine right into the rapid rooters with the "hinge" side of the seed up, cover the hole with a piece of the rooter, soak the rooter, put in a dome on a heat mat with a thermostat set at 78-85 and place a small t5 strip light in the top of the dome. Works great for me. Like many people in here said though, there are a million ways to do this. I wish you great luck with grow. Peace man! Motiv

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Sorry to hear about all the beans that didnt pop bro, bummer. In my experince when the seed shell does slifhtly open but then stops and does nothing else, the seeds were either duds, too wet, or too hot. I just put mine right into the rapid rooters with the "hinge" side of the seed up, cover the hole with a piece of the rooter, soak the rooter, put in a dome on a heat mat with a thermostat set at 78-85 and place a small t5 strip light in the top of the dome. Works great for me. Like many people in here said though, there are a million ways to do this. I wish you great luck with grow. Peace man! Motiv

Thanks Motiv. I think it was heat and humidity. I had read alien recommend just putting them in the rapid rooters, so I did that with the remaining seeds. As with so many aspects of growing, patience pays.

I'm also using 4100k T8s.

I had my second seed pop out of it's RR tonight! A chem wreck haze. . .woot.

outwest

CWSPROUT sf

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Ok. . .a little more luck. . .The Chem Wreck Haze and Cheese Quake have 100% germination (3 for 3 on each) and have been moved to rapid rooters. Still nothing from the Longs Peak Blue, which is a bummer as that was one I was really eager for. Trying to be patient. . .

. . .In the meantime, does any one have any germination advice to kickstart these puppies?

outwest
Sometimes you gotta scuff the seeds to help them crack open...it's rare but some varieties truly benefit from this method. Just get an emery board/nail file and lightly scuff them and resoak and do your thing, that might help if some aren't wanting to come up at all...

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Sometimes you gotta scuff the seeds to help them crack open...it's rare but some varieties truly benefit from this method. Just get an emery board/nail file and lightly scuff them and resoak and do your thing, that might help if some aren't wanting to come up at all...

Thanks, Baba. I gently scratched the ridges with my fingernail to try and get the same effect.

outwest

Top Bottom