Rate Colorado Dispensaries...

• Thread starter altitudefarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

...before they're gone! If you have had a good (or bad) experience with a dispensary in Colorado, take a few minutes to describe it. Some things people want to know:
1. Do they offer quality product?
2. Are they reasonably priced?
3. Atmosphere- was it good or bad?
4. Range of products- Clones? Seed? Edibles?
5. Overall experience- do you like this joint, and would you recommend it to other patients?

P

pikes peak 69

The only one I have personal experience with is CT. Bought 4 clones anothe was gifted to my wife. # died, and I was so pissed that I ripped the other 2 out. Didn't want anything from that AAAA-hole.
Other patients have brought over what was supposed to be medicine from his shop and were disappointed in it. I would agree, wet, seedy, underweight, and 450.00 an oz. This is old news for Coloradoans, we've all been hearing about him since 06.

Now your shop, wife and i stopped by and had a nice visit with you. We walked away with smiles on our faces as we seen the heart and soul your putting into this and you had some good plans. We wish you well.
Side note: Do you know about the meeting on the 5th with Counsel men? I've been invited and asked to spread the word. Also there's a meeting on the 4th that I'm going to as well, but I think it's a group trying to regulate it's self to present to City Counsel. Hit me up by pm if you need locations.

pp69

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

I will share my experiences with two dispensaries here in CO.
Cherry Creek Health- 1st and Cook, Cherry Creek, CO
Great product. Decent prices. Great facility- located on the first floor of a medical building; not intimidating atmosphere; no guard dogs or scary bouncers. Staff was kind of friendly; a little bit snobby.

Colorado Canna Care- Murray and Jetwing, Colorado Springs
The facility is HUGE. The displays are well-arranged and it's more of a combination head shop/dispensary. Great prices on glass. Hideous prices on medicine, although they do have some great strains. I just can't justify $70 or more for an eighth. Their edibles were worthless when I tried them this summer; hopefully they've got them up to par by now. The staff is awesome; very knowledgeable and friendly. I was offered a free drink-bottled water, juice, etc. Overall, a good experience if you're loaded with cash to burn...

G

ganjherbsmoke

i have been to well over 10 dispensaries in the area, mostly boulder local. Im starting a blog to post all my reviews tho, seems a little large to review 10+ locations here, im not so worried that theyre going anywhere so much as a whole lot of regulation being imposed, but i dont see that as a major problem i think some regulation needs to be done

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

Herbal Connections on 32nd: I was dissapointed after having to wait for almost an hour to look at 6 strains, 4 of which were obviously grown in too hot of a grow room or were cut prematurely. The other two were mediocre. despite a large selection, the edibles are weak.

Herbal Wellness: Very good selection, over 60 strains and they had more than 1 strain that I was looking for. Some of the high end strains should be on the medium priced shelf and vice versa, so there is some value to be had in some of their strains, but I agree that $70 an eighth is overpriced for anything other than a 14 week sativa (which no one has btw). The edibles are good, but a little pricey. I make the Mr.Sputnik's smores bars they carry and I know they'll do the job (don't eat a whole one untill you know your tolerance btw) but they want $10 a pop for them.

I hope to help drop prices and increase quality here in CO. If you or anyone else needs edibles (that actually work :worried )for a dispensary, send me a PM. a LOCAL needs to fix the scene here and I'm here to help facilitate a change for the better.

P

provin1327

I've been to 2 dispensaries in town, so i'll share

The Highlands Co-op

1. Do they offer quality product? Yes
2. Are they reasonably priced? Yes
3. Atmosphere- was it good or bad? Bad
4. Range of products- Clones? Seed? Edibles? Edibles and bud only
5. Overall experience- do you like this joint, and would you recommend it to other patients? It's an ok place to go to. It feels kinda grungy, and I got a strange sense of everyone being tense, it wasn't a good atmosphere, not professional, employees had nothing to share.

P

provin1327

Whoops missed #2

Colorado Alternative Care

1. Do they offer quality product? Great!
2. Are they reasonably priced? Yes
3. Atmosphere- was it good or bad? Awesome, professional, clean
4. Range of products- Clones? Seed? Edibles? Only saw bud
5. Overall experience- do you like this joint, and would you recommend it to other patients? This place is down right amazing. Great atmosphere, friendly and knowlegable people, clean, professional and organized. Hands down the best co-op i've been to.

S

sinth

Herban Wellness Inc (google them for their website)
44 strains, pretty good smelling for their 'top shelf', helpful employees, friendly
prices are ok, could be better
saw bud and a few pipes, some edibles, and tincture? but they said in january they'd be blowin up with growing equipment and more glass

overall: interesting location, very nice multi-unit office building, comfortable atmosphere

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Nice reports so far, guys, thanks for your input! I'm glad to hear the glowing report of Colorado Alternative Care Services, Provin; I hope your experience there is always top notch. Let me know if you're ever disappointed- I can help, haha! I'm planning to visit a few around the state and see what the scene is like. I hear great things about Grateful
Meds in Nederland. Anyone have any experience?

S

sinth

i'd like to find a dispensary that offers special deals to people who sign them as caregivers - some free meds, free clones, patients lounge, etc

G

ganjherbsmoke

hey guys its pretty rough at this point i got a few more write ups to post and more to write but check out what ive got so far and please add anything that you can like comments on my reviews, your own reviews of the places up as well as ones that arent you think should be there
its Boulder local but we catch a few in the surrounding areas
diversedispensing.com

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I went to the two new ones in Berthoud yesterday..

Herbs is real nice, right next door to the bank and they actually occupy the old remote drive through lanes so it has a drive trhu window but I am not sure if they are goin to use it. Big and roomy waiting area, nice selection of meds, mainly all stuff that Herb has done but a few outside guys stuff, he has some oil and some Afghani hash that is killer, four day open when I was there but he used to have a pretty decent delivery service before he opened a brick and mortar location(smart)

Alternative Medicine something or another, I forget..brand new place in the basement of another bank, super big, pool table in waiting and they have access to the old bank vault which is real cool. $13 a gram max on their meds but the quality reflects.

Alot of these guys, if not most, spent the last little bit teaching themselves to grow and setup a delivery service in the interim. Most of them start out buying product on the outside until they can get their own mostly mid grade meds ready to sell. Most of them have let margins dictate thier quality nothing more. They really do a disservice to the patient base IMO, If people want cheap meds, well thats what you get, cheap crap. Because of this, none of the real quality stuff ever makes it to the despensaries counters, we just can't sell $600/oz weed to a despensary for $175 or less and let them make $450+ per once off of it, just doesn't work that way.. So basically we all only take $175-$250 weed down to them, we quit even taken the good stuff to most of them at all, its a waste of time an they are not really interested in quality, well unless you give ot to them at brick weed prices..

So when you see that there is really no good meds in the despensaries it is because they do not care enough about their actual patients to even attempt to get the good products in...there are some super badass meds out there for them to get but they would much rather double or even triple thier money on every gram than offer the best to their patients...they literally want to make a 100%+ markup minimum and the retail world just doesn't work that way and after all this is a retail store and the sooner these guys realize that the sooner thay will be ahead of the curve. Its funny that they all say, we only want the best and we only have the best and these guys all know what the best cost..seriously dudes a QP of badass dank Chemdog D or Alien Kush doesn't go for $700bucks, anywhere so why even waste our time and that doesn't change because you decided to open a despensary and want to talk about how your trying to helpo your patients and keep prices low, blah blah, blah..and thorough the overhead arguement at me is just down right silly, there is not a despensary that I have been into yet in this state that has anywhere near the overhead I have and I have been to alot...opening and running a despensary is cheap compared to a full tilt grow op and always will be...I will gladly trade my monthy overhead expenses for any despensary operators in the state.

Remember when you were new and middle man for a bunch of stuff for your buddies, you were lucky to get a quarter out of a QP as compensation for your efforts or a joint or two, but these guys take a QP for every one they sell,,its almost like tellin your buddy tellin you that he can get you oz but you have to buy him one as well for his trouble, wouldn't be your buddy long would he?

Sorry to rant, these guys are just wearing me out lately..

Tex

S

sinth

there should be a better business bureau for dispensaries. a better bud bureau, if you will.

stickyicky

stickyicky

So when you see that there is really no good meds in the despensaries it is because they do not care enough about their actual patients to even attempt to get the good products in...there are some super badass meds out there for them to get but they would much rather double or even triple thier money on every gram than offer the best to their patients...they literally want to make a 100%+ markup minimum and the retail world just doesn't work that way and after all this is a retail store and the sooner these guys realize that the sooner thay will be ahead of the curve. Its funny that they all say, we only want the best and we only have the best and these guys all know what the best cost..seriously dudes a QP of badass dank Chemdog D or Alien Kush doesn't go for $700bucks, anywhere so why even waste our time and that doesn't change because you decided to open a despensary and want to talk about how your trying to helpo your patients and keep prices low, blah blah, blah..and thorough the overhead arguement at me is just down right silly, there is not a despensary that I have been into yet in this state that has anywhere near the overhead I have and I have been to alot...opening and running a despensary is cheap compared to a full tilt grow op and always will be...I will gladly trade my monthy overhead expenses for any despensary operators in the state.

Remember when you were new and middle man for a bunch of stuff for your buddies, you were lucky to get a quarter out of a QP as compensation for your efforts or a joint or two, but these guys take a QP for every one they sell,,its almost like tellin your buddy tellin you that he can get you oz but you have to buy him one as well for his trouble, wouldn't be your buddy long would he?

Sorry to rant, these guys are just wearing me out lately..

Tex

Nailed it with this. Rant on my brother. I consider it education for the up and comers. Good read.

Sounds alot like California's scene to me. PAY US WHAT IT'S WORTH or, we take it to the streets (fellow patients of course) where people appreciate it and show by PAYING US what it's worth. Like $250 - $300 a zip. I better pull out before I start ranting.

Good Luck Coloradians the battle is on.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

For sure

i'd like to find a dispensary that offers special deals to people who sign them as caregivers - some free meds, free clones, patients lounge, etc
If someone will not give you free meds or at least a good discount, do NOT ever consider naming them as your caregiver. GREEDY ASSHOLES all over the state are totally ripping folks off because new patients may not know their rights. Your caregivership is a commodity; treat it as such. At our shop i tell folks straight up like it is. If you list us as caregiver, you'll never pay above $50 an eighth, unless it's one of my 12-14 week flowering hazes. Then we hike up the price to $55, sorry. I give medicine to patients all the time; I have quite a few who are financially strapped and can't afford much. I have to make enough to stay in business and pay my personal bills, but for cryin' out loud, I'm not building any million-dollar homes... (the knucklehead here on Fillmore makes no bones about being in it for the money. What a bag o' douche).

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Da Market

Sounds alot like California's scene to me. PAY US WHAT IT'S WORTH or, we take it to the streets (fellow patients of course) where people appreciate it and show by PAYING US what it's worth. Like $250 - $300 a zip. I better pull out before I start ranting.

Good Luck Coloradians the battle is on.

Yes, sir. I agree. Maybe that's why I am living on Ramen, but my business bills are paid, and my patients are super happy. Tex, you're also right about everyone thinking they can grow dank. Just because you see an opportunity to make some money doesn't mean it's the right thing to do. BRING YOUR STUFF DOWN TO THE SPRINGS, I'll buy it a little at a time if I have to. In a few weeks, I'll have much more capital to work with, but for now everything is going back into the shop. I'm thinking I can continue to bring quality meds to my patients for $50/8th, but also provide some killer at a slightly higher price. We'll see. (by killer, I don't mean the latest frosty AK you just grew, I'm talking about a 12-14 weeks flower cycle on a serious sativa.)

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

how about a free 1/4 a month? I got a buddy who's looking for patients to grow for. If you need clones, he'll make you some and help you get started, like what a caregiver is supposed to do :mad0229: . He's uping it to a free 1/2oz a month once he gets rolling, and he knows what he's doing.

ANYWAY... I went to the dispensary on kentucky and federal, it's called rocky mountain something or other, in the same parking lot as tacos&salsas (excellent tacos btw). It's a little small, an armed guard checks your ID now because he had some gang bangers rob him last week. Good meds, dude that runs it is cool and has been in the scene since 01. He has some really nice looking clones of white widow the last time I was there. Not alot of selection, but what he has is quality. Dude's name is robert and his wife sabrina runs the reception. He had some jack herer that an older hippy lady grew that was spot on. Overall it can get a little cramped in there but good meds and good people.

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

someone need to open a dispensary that sells on consignment, dispensary takes 15-20% but has nothing invested in product. If your stuff is crap no one buys it, if it's good you never have enough of it. I'm sick of soccer moms selling their minivans to open a dispensary out of greed. It's strange how many people have contacted me asking if I want to start a dispensary with them becase I know the ropes. I believe the market will work itself out, but as long as these moratoriums are going into effect, the market is fucked by beaster douchies. Rant on tex, I'm there with you all the way. I'm thinking about starting a nonprofit dispensary, imagine that. I'm in health care and it's not that hard to qualify for nonprofit status, just do some significant charity work for a cancer center or something of the like. Imagine if you had a booth and t-shirts at race for the cure. People easily forget that this is a MEDICAL scene, and it needs to be kept that way or it will remove all credibility for medicinal marijuana. People who try and make rediculous profits from cannabis are as bad as pharmecutical companies feeding on the sick and dying. This is why we have the alternative to high priced meds in CO. I urge everyone in the medical scene to be as professional as possible, make it look like a medicinal scene. What doctor has a pool table in their office? you don't see people popping pills with eachother in the walgreens. I'm really ashamed of what has become of the medicinal scene in the past year. It has backfired, people can't handle it, it's like handing a 13 year old dude a dildo. I think it is a great thing that more people are getting access to the meds, but be responsible about it. Be discrete, please. beaster mom sucks!

T

TyKaycha

Recently I paid a visit to Wellspring Collective on Broadway...

Movie

I've been meaning to check them out. Several vendors I know have been impressed with their operation. Nice to hear there are places doing it right as best they can.

T

TyKaycha

I'm going to try & stop in either tomorrow or Saturday.

Movie - your avatar makes me a little queasy. Hahaha! And that's coming from a guy who assists with brain surgery several times a week!

Top Bottom