Rate my plants you buncha green thumbed stoners

• Thread starter Imtrying
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

Imtrying

Got a couple clones from a buddy of mine couple weeks ago. I just put them in some miracle grow organic soil, in a 5 gallon pot, watered them every 3rd/4th day, and gave them at least 6-7 hours of direct sunlight. When I first got them they were in horrible condition. Ive slowly pruned off all the dead leafs. Now they are greening up and smelling nice. Roast them all you want. I want to read what you have say

Rate my plants you buncha green thumbed stoners
Rate my plants you buncha green thumbed stoners 2
Rate my plants you buncha green thumbed stoners 3
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I'm not gonna roast you, but I will tell you your plants are confused right now. It looks like they are flowering and revegging at the same time.

What do you know about the clones? Like what are they? I assume photoperiod.

I think your light timing may be causing you some issues.

I

Imtrying

I'm not gonna roast you, but I will tell you your plants are confused right now. It looks like they are flowering and revegging at the same time.

What do you know about the clones? Like what are they? I assume photoperiod.

I think your light timing may be causing you some issues.
I honestly have no idea. My buddy said he and another guy just found a bunch of clones on the side of the road ready to die. You should have seen the condition they were in. I'm assuming their growth has been stunted because of it. Bunch of leafs were browned and crunchy. Some stems were browned. Some of the leafs on them today still have some scars here and there. Been trying to cut them away slowly to avoid shocking it. What do you think I should do?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I honestly have no idea. My buddy said he and another guy just found a bunch of clones on the side of the road ready to die. You should have seen the condition they were in. I'm assuming their growth has been stunted because of it. Bunch of leafs were browned and crunchy. Some stems were browned. Some of the leafs on them today still have some scars here and there. Been trying to cut them away slowly to avoid shocking it. What do you think I should do?
OK, let's take a step back here.

First grow?

What is your objective?

Is this a one time thing because you found some plants, or are you going to continue with more?

Are you only able to grow outside?

Where in the world are you - what are your current weather conditions and sunlight hours available?

Really the question is how much do you want to put into this?

I

Imtrying

OK, let's take a step back here.

First grow?

What is your objective?

Is this a one time thing because you found some plants, or are you going to continue with more?

Are you only able to grow outside?

Where in the world are you - what are your current weather conditions and sunlight hours available?

Really the question is how much do you want to put into this?
First grower here. I'm not looking to get much out of them honestly. I'm just curious as to how they'd grow with little done to them so I can understand the nature of it. I do plan to continue to grow more afterwords. Space is limited but not tooooo limited. Weather here is nice. I live in the bay area in California. Not too hot not too cold. Summer right now temp ranges from 70-80 F. Rarely hotter. I don't really plan on smoking them. Any advice is appreciated

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

It looks to me like these are photoperiod and you are giving them weird lighting. Weird in terms of what they expect. With photos, you want 18 hours on 6 hours off in Veg and 12 / 12 in flower. You are giving them 6 - 7 hours plus some (I assume) lower intensity non-direct sunlight, and maybe even street lights or porch lights or whatever.

The plant doesn't know whether to veg or bloom so it is doing both.

I

Imtrying

It looks to me like these are photoperiod and you are giving them weird lighting. Weird in terms of what they expect. With photos, you want 18 hours on 6 hours off in Veg and 12 / 12 in flower. You are giving them 6 - 7 hours plus some (I assume) lower intensity non-direct sunlight, and maybe even street lights or porch lights or whatever.

The plant doesn't know whether to veg or bloom so it is doing both.
Only sunlight have I been giving it. No alternative light sources. Do you know why it would be doing both? Maybe it's trying to figure out if it's near it's end so it's trying to flower? But since it's vegging up does it think it still has room to grow? I'm open for theories. Again I'm just trying to see how it functions

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

It is just confused with the light hours and intensity it is getting.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Happens all the time Moe. Plants cloned in early flowers then rooted in veg. They have a slang term for it.
We got no idea what this plant is, where it came from, how or when it was cloned... I'm even assuming it is a photo. Oh well.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I think the clones were probably in reveg when found.

If it gets 11 hours of darkness it will go into full flower, but if it is in a place where ambient light is strong — like it gets hit with light from the street or lights from the house — it's always going to be a mess.

There's no reason not to smoke it if it produces some buds for you. Unless, that is, you suspect it picked up some STD or other disease while homeless in the streets.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I learned from @Buzzzz recently that another term for this is rejuvenation. That sounds better and if you get control of the lighting you can still properly flower this plant out. But we are gonna have to talk about that miracle grow and your watering practices if you wanna dive in on this. You willing to figure out how to give her 12 hours of complete darkness and repot it? Got a grow shop close where you can pick up proper soil and some nutes for later? So dark, soil, and nutes to get started? If nothing more you will learn the basics of growing in soil and @growsince79 is an example of how to do it. You should check out his threads.

I

Imtrying

I learned from @Buzzzz recently that another term for this is rejuvenation. That sounds better and if you get control of the lighting you can still properly flower this plant out. But we are gonna have to talk about that miracle grow and your watering practices if you wanna dive in on this. You willing to figure out how to give her 12 hours of complete darkness and repot it? Got a grow shop close where you can pick up proper soil and some nutes for later? So dark, soil, and nutes to get started? If nothing more you will learn the basics of growing in soil and @growsince79 is an example of how to do it. You should check out his threads.
Is all good man. The miracle grow is an experiment on my end to see how bad it can get since everyone says it's bad cause nitrogen poisoning and stuff. I'll try to provide the plants more sunlight throughout the day. Gonna be posting every week or so. I'll keep this website posted if I ended up killing it or not 😬😂

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Only sunlight have I been giving it. No alternative light sources. Do you know why it would be doing both? Maybe it's trying to figure out if it's near it's end so it's trying to flower? But since it's vegging up does it think it still has room to grow? I'm open for theories. Again I'm just trying to see how it functions
The grower probably had the clones on a longer light cycle and bringing them out reduced it now they're trying to figure out wtf to do.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Is all good man. The miracle grow is an experiment on my end to see how bad it can get since everyone says it's bad cause nitrogen poisoning and stuff. I'll try to provide the plants more sunlight throughout the day. Gonna be posting every week or so. I'll keep this website posted if I ended up killing it or not 😬😂
yeah. more hours of light and better darkness is what you want. The dark is gonna be the challenge outside I think. Any kind of ambient light from windows or street lights or whatever will cause it to continue to be confused. good luck.

chato

chato

Cool experiment. You have no idea what they are. They could even be hemp. And just growing it out for the experience...I like it.

Top Bottom