Raw weed: edible?

• Thread starter 420SOS
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
420SOS

420SOS

I didn't know raw weed could do anything to you, do you actually agree with this?
https://thcdetox.biz/blog/what-happens-if-you-eat-weed/

A friend who never smoked used to ask me for a piece o weed to nibble on and chew whenever he saw all of us high, he said it was enough for him but until now I always thought he was B.S.ing me, I might have been wrong but still, I think I rather smoke it or use it in my cannabutter recipe, what do you guys think?

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

for years ive heard and have tried several time,brownies,they never did nothing to me,a buddy that got banned here sent me some samples of stuff he made and swore to be careful,shit i ate 3 gummies nothing,3 brownies nothing,tried canna sauve nothing,all the other guys were wasted so maybe it just your own body be my guess,i send mine up in smoke,still roll my own joints and when i run out of sleaves i use a coke can with holes as a bong hahahah,ya i heard all the shit of the steel and paint and all that,i see it this way,i was dieing as soon as i breath of air,live the life you want and pay attention to your own biz,what i fear is the idiots on the roads more than a coke can hahahah im just stupid though,so trey at home,or do at your own discreation lmao.back in the days of no weed the record stores were head shops,they sold rush it came in a bottle and one sniff would send you to the moon,lasted about a min and after 5 or 6 snorts of that stuff head ache big time,now they have cbd's in my state i been thinking of trying them again but hell be my luck damn cop would follow me home and stalk my ass next trip to town,hahahah

TerriR

TerriR

I didn't know raw weed could do anything to you, do you actually agree with this?
https://thcdetox.biz/blog/what-happens-if-you-eat-weed/

A friend who never smoked used to ask me for a piece o weed to nibble on and chew whenever he saw all of us high, he said it was enough for him but until now I always thought he was B.S.ing me, I might have been wrong but still, I think I rather smoke it or use it in my cannabutter recipe, what do you guys think?
not possible to get any lift, but green stuff is good for ya 😎

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

👨‍🍳
20190803 145609

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I bought a ardent lift a couple weeks ago and decarbed some bud, ground it up and stuck it in capsules. It works great. Been taking 12.5 mg caps the last two weeks and get a great buzz after an hour or so after digesting it. A 25mg cap keeps me really buzzed for a solid 6 hours. The 12.5mg lasts about 3-4 hours.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
You can eat it, but the chance for there to be enough active THC in it is pretty low. For a total novice, they *might* catch a small buzz just from the small amount of naturally decarbed buds/flowers, but anyone with much experience wouldn't notice it.

Fangthane

Fangthane

The whole reason I got into making cannabutter was because I found out my mom's husband was eating raw weed that I'd grown for him. He'd asked me to grow him something low THC/high CBD, so I picked Bubblegum. His lungs are operating at something like 20% capacity, so he just couldn't smoke it. He swore that eating it raw was actually helping, but it had literally never done jack shit for me when I'd tried. That night I made my first ever weed cookies and he never tried nibbling on raw buds again. Maybe its lack of effect on some/most, when eaten raw, could be chalked up to the relatively high degree of variability in metabolism and general physiology. Who knows? All I know is that I never got anything from eating buds.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
If you decarb it you can eat it raw. In fact grinding it up and filling capsules is the most natural way of consuming cannabis that I know of. Most process it further into extracts or concentrates but imo it’s really not needed unless you need the potency. My 25mg caps aren’t even fully packed caps. I could prolly get close to 50mg if I tried. I’m using #0 size caps.

Last edited:
TerriR

TerriR

If you decarb it you can eat it raw. In fact grinding it up and filling capsules is the most natural way of consuming cannabis that I know of. Most process it further into extracts or concentrates but imo it’s really not needed unless you need the potency. My 25mg caps aren’t even fully packed caps. I could prolly get close to 50mg if I tried. I’m using #0 size caps.

View attachment 886384
I have been looking for this info...would really love to just take a pill. Do you decarb and then grind it and stuff the capsules? Doesn’t seem like that would be potent enough. (got sick from everclear tincture and can’t stand the thought of that anymore ☹️).

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Yes I do exactly that. Let’s do some quick math.

Let’s say the bud material you are using is 20% thc. This is just an industry average and if you know the potency of your material the math will be more precise.

If you are using material that is 20% thc then 1 gram of material will equal 200mg of thc. If you are trying to make 25mg capsules you’ll be able to make 8 out of 1 gram of material. If you are using 25% thc material then you can make 10 capsules out of 1 gram.

Don’t take my word for it. Check the ardent nova website.

That being said you may need more or less to get the desired effects. I took a 25mg capsule and was high as hell for a solid 6 hours. So I decided to halve it and make 12.5mg caps and those seem to be my sweet spot. Others might be able to take two 25mg caps and get a decent buzz. A buddy of mine took a 25 and a 12.5 and got high as hell. He has a much bigger tolerance than I do right now. As your body gets used to it you may need to take more. But make no mistake this does work and it works exactly as if you ate a gummy or any other edible. If you don’t feel much after an hour or so then next time up the dose. There’s no right or wrong when it comes to dosing. What you need could be vastly different than someone else so adjust accordingly.

You can also smoke the decarbed bud. It’s actually quite a bit stronger when doing so and hits you immediately as all the thc is fully activated and not reliant on a heat source to decarb the bud as you’re smoking it. When you smoke a joint the cherry decarbs the material as you smoke it. However this is wasteful and is said to only deliver 1/3 of the thc to your lungs. By activating the thc prior to smoking it you get a much higher percentage and therefore this extra step makes the material seem more potent.

TerriR

TerriR

Yes I do exactly that. Let’s do some quick math.

Let’s say the bud material you are using is 20% thc. This is just an industry average and if you know the potency of your material the math will be more precise.

If you are using material that is 20% thc then 1 gram of material will equal 200mg of thc. If you are trying to make 25mg capsules you’ll be able to make 8 out of 1 gram of material. If you are using 25% thc material then you can make 10 capsules out of 1 gram.

Don’t take my word for it. Check the ardent nova website.

That being said you may need more or less to get the desired effects. I took a 25mg capsule and was high as hell for a solid 6 hours. So I decided to halve it and make 12.5mg caps and those seem to be my sweet spot. Others might be able to take two 25mg caps and get a decent buzz. A buddy of mine took a 25 and a 12.5 and got high as hell. He has a much bigger tolerance than I do right now. As your body gets used to it you may need to take more. But make no mistake this does work and it works exactly as if you ate a gummy or any other edible. If you don’t feel much after an hour or so then next time up the dose. There’s no right or wrong when it comes to dosing. What you need could be vastly different than someone else so adjust accordingly.

You can also smoke the decarbed bud. It’s actually quite a bit stronger when doing so and hits you immediately as all the thc is fully activated and not reliant on a heat source to decarb the bud as you’re smoking it. When you smoke a joint the cherry decarbs the material as you smoke it. However this is wasteful and is said to only deliver 1/3 of the thc to your lungs. By activating the thc prior to smoking it you get a much higher percentage and therefore this extra step makes the material seem more potent.
thank you so much, J! how long you figure they keep? maybe longer in the freezer?

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
That I don’t know. Storing in the fridge or freezer I’m sure would extend the shelf life. Grab some caps and give it a try. It doesn’t take long to do. One thing I would recommend is to decarb using the ardent nova as it’s as easy as it can be and the results are fantastic. Just load it, push the button and wait 1.5-2 hours. Once the light goes green you’re good to go.

TerriR

TerriR

That I don’t know. Storing in the fridge or freezer I’m sure would extend the shelf life. Grab some caps and give it a try. It doesn’t take long to do. One thing I would recommend is to decarb using the ardent nova as it’s as easy as it can be and the results are fantastic. Just load it, push the button and wait 1.5-2 hours. Once the light goes green you’re good to go.
thank you! I will start on it today! Wish I had that ardent machine but I just bought lights...so it will have to wait. i can decarb it the old
fashioned way for now.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
If it's decarboxylated, would it really still be considered "raw?" When I've seen people referencing eating raw weed, it always seemed to indicate that it wasn't decarbed.

I would consider it cooked so I guess it’s not raw in that sense however it’s still the raw form of the material meaning otherwise undoctored except for having the thc molecules fully activated. To me it’s still raw but I see your point.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
With the topic of math and mg, something seems a little off but I can't exactly put my finger on it. From the earlier example, 1 gram of avg buds should contain 200 mg THC. The Marinol capsules I used to get were max 4 mg at the time. Taking 4 of them (without smoking anything) provided a pretty intense experience, from 16 mg. The CO2 cartridges I sometimes get have either 500 or 1000/mg per cartridge. Am I to understand that it only takes 2.5 grams of b8uds to make a 500mg CO2 cartridge? 200 mg seems awfully high for a gram of buds, although I can't quite figure out where the discrepancy is creeping in. I can smoke 2.5 grams easily in a day , but I would have a hard time sucking down a cart of CO2 oil daily. From memory, 200 mg is a pretty substantial amount of THC. That would equal 50 marinol caps, and I know the effects of 4 of those is a lot more than a puff or two (16 mg VS whatever is in a joint).
I'm not arguing with anyone, I just can't figure out the math as I always thought a joint contained about a gram of buds, or 200 mg of THC according to our figurings. I just can't see how 1 big joint has as much THC as 1/5 of a 1 gram cartridge of CO2 or Distillate. Where am I getting mixed up?

TerriR

TerriR

I would consider it cooked so I guess it’s not raw in that sense however it’s still the raw form of the material meaning otherwise undoctored except for having the thc molecules fully activated. To me it’s still raw but I see your point.
I believe this started with someone eating leaves. If that worked, we’d all be having a cannabis salad daily...forget all the rest of the considerable amount of work.

Top Bottom