RCDWC tanks

• Thread starter Jalisco Kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Socachi

JK thanks, yes I had seen those pics, was hoping to see something that was hooked up. Where it would show the system ready to rock. If you get em into PNC please let me know, would like to do the touchy feely.
So is there anyone on the farm that's rockin your system that might have some pics?
Is that G from Suite 215 you mentioned?

Socachi

D

dusty

I'm still going to want to be buying tanks in the fall don't forget about me

J

Jalisco Kid

I'm still going to want to be buying tanks in the fall don't forget about me
Either I will or the new guy will be glad to set you up for winter. I will handle your calls for you either way. Your girls are coming along just fine. Wish I could stink up the neighborhood like that. JK

J

Jalisco Kid

JK thanks, yes I had seen those pics, was hoping to see something that was hooked up. Where it would show the system ready to rock. If you get em into PNC please let me know, would like to do the touchy feely.
So is there anyone on the farm that's rockin your system that might have some pics?
Is that G from Suite 215 you mentioned?

Socachi

You would see nothing more if the tank was hooked up. Plumbing enters underneath and the working parts are all internal. If you need to see a plant sticking out of it you do not need them yet. JK

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

I have 3 different RDWCD systems at one location and they have their pros and cons

UC 13gal 8 pods lots been said about it and it works well

DIY 225 gall 8 pod system made from 28 gallon tough boxes in and out are staggered, one hole on left side one on the right. It works very well and is not very deep 15" the big issue is the roots plug up the 3" pipe and kind of sit on the bottom. Plus there is lots of surface area and I decided to run 2 six inch air stones in each to get good coverage. I am on my second grow with just one 6" and it worked fine. Been doing tons of reading and am convinced air stones are not the way to go in shallow applications.

DIY Jumbo 300 gal 8 pod system using 30 gal blue plastic barrels ( called footballs) This guy just blows away my other 2 RDWC systems. 30" high and 19 1/2" wide with 10" net pots and 4" pipes. This system grows trees, big trees. I ran two 6" air stones in this system also and have gone to 1 six inch. because I did not notice ant difference last time. The only thing with deeper systems is you need more power to push the air if you just dropping a line in. I noticed one day that as I pulled the air stone up it put out more air. Went to a bigger pump problem solved. I am hoping to find a larger spot for the jumbo as there is no room to move by week 6. If I was going to build a system it would be this one.

IMGP2136
IMGP3583
IMGP3592
IMGP3594
IMGP3595
IMGP9384
IMGP9386

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
I have 3 different RDWCD systems at one location and they have their pros and cons

UC 13gal 8 pods lots been said about it and it works well

DIY 225 gall 8 pod system made from 28 gallon tough boxes in and out are staggered, one hole on left side one on the right. It works very well and is not very deep 15" the big issue is the roots plug up the 3" pipe and kind of sit on the bottom. Plus there is lots of surface area and I decided to run 2 six inch air stones in each to get good coverage. I am on my second grow with just one 6" and it worked fine. Been doing tons of reading and am convinced air stones are not the way to go in shallow applications.

DIY Jumbo 300 gal 8 pod system using 30 gal blue plastic barrels ( called footballs) This guy just blows away my other 2 RDWC systems. 30" high and 19 1/2" wide with 10" net pots and 4" pipes. This system grows trees, big trees. I ran two 6" air stones in this system also and have gone to 1 six inch. because I did not notice ant difference last time. The only thing with deeper systems is you need more power to push the air if you just dropping a line in. I noticed one day that as I pulled the air stone up it put out more air. Went to a bigger pump problem solved. I am hoping to find a larger spot for the jumbo as there is no room to move by week 6. If I was going to build a system it would be this one.

View attachment 347286View attachment 347287View attachment 347288View attachment 347289View attachment 347290View attachment 347291View attachment 347292

damm Woods, impressive, i would think with a system like that ( super sized tanks) u would have more space inbetween each tanks. Why r they so close together, kinda defeats the purpose no? do u have space limitations?

you got me thinking, anyone ever try a bed style RDWC(kinda like the veg trays ppl use b4 they drop therir plants in UC) but way deeper and with a lid u can walk on. If bigger deeper is better (not sure it is I have also seen the discussions on Hydrus threads) im jus partial to beds.

confu

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

damm Woods, impressive, i would think with a system like that ( super sized tanks) u would have more space inbetween each tanks. Why r they so close together, kinda defeats the purpose no? do u have space limitations?

you got me thinking, anyone ever try a bed style RDWC(kinda like the veg trays ppl use b4 they drop therir plants in UC) but way deeper and with a lid u can walk on. If bigger deeper is better (not sure it is I have also seen the discussions on Hydrus threads) im jus partial to beds.

confu

Yes I'm limited by space and it gets very crowded in there. I could use another 3 feet between them maybe even 5 feet.

J

Jalisco Kid

Damn talking about lost and forgotten threads.
Woods, those barrels I 'll bet would make a better aero set up. Hang a screen about 10" up so they are always in the air. I set up an old 60 gal rez like that it worked well.
Those 36 gal rdwc are probably the best work I had for the commercial guy. I like a 69 gal tank I made for rdwc. If I was still at it I would love to run some aeros in them as they are much stable having a sq bottom. JK

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

I think many of us are searching all we can to find out as much as we can about JK buckets. I have a feeling they are the way to go when playing in water... I know I would love a room full of them..

Amber

Amber

Yeah we search and we search...... Freedumb you seen inside one yet?

J

Jalisco Kid

I will see if someone might send in a fuzzy picture for you. But there have been full descriptions to make your own. I am not allowed to talk about them. JK

Top Bottom