RD's winter DWC grow

• Thread starter Radio_Dread
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Radio_Dread

Greetings fellow farmers. hope all had a great holiday. Just checked two of my newer babies and there roots are now showing through the grow blocks so they need to be put into my RDWC system. but this time around i have a new grow tent that i got for x-mas to use and i must say it is piiiiimp.(thanks babe):inlove

so here are some pics of my new tent and the new babys bout to start there veg in the DWC:rock

still need to get a new carbon filter for the tent.
Rds winter dwc grow

Rds winter dwc grow 2

Rds winter dwc grow 3

Rds winter dwc grow 4

Rds winter dwc grow 5

and i also threw a pic of Bob Weir playin with keller williams at All good music fest 07 enjoy..

RD:rock

R

Radio_Dread

The strains are bubblegum and blueberry. waiting for my KO kush beans to get here

R

Radio_Dread

First week of veg

Here are the ladies in the new tent under a 400w MH.
DSC00598

DSC00599

DSC00600

not much going on yet. soon enough:flower

R

Radio_Dread

just popped 3 K.O kush and 3 sage 'n' sour beans. 100% germ rate and are now in 1in grow blocks under a T5

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
are you using the tent for veg..or both?are those 2 buckets all that will be going in?i use a 5 x 5 tent and space is an issue

R

Radio_Dread

yeah im using the tent for both veg and i will put a 400w hps bulb in, in a couple weeks when ready to flower. i am going to add my k.o kush and sage n sour plants in there when i transplant them into bigger pots. so there will a couple more in there soon. i have my resi outside the tent running in to the buckets. def saved a ton of space. next run im thinkin bout putting a 3x3 table in there and getting rid of the buckets. i love this new tent. im getting a new air cooled reflector on weds. so it should help with heat.:cool0041:

RD

R

Radio_Dread

going into the second week of veg

Here are a couple of the ladies in there 2nd week of veg and really have grown quit a bit since last week now that they are under a 400w MH. :cool0041: the first one is blueberry second is bubble gum
DSC00601

DSC00602

DSC00603

DSC00604

just alil update for anyone that cares. hah. hope everyone is staying warm out there. been a really cold winter here.

much love,

RD:cool0041:

4u2sm0ke

4u2sm0ke

Things are looking Great my friend..What a Sweety to go and get ya such a wonderful Christmas present..Im not familure with tents but seems you have yours dialing in..My question is why only 1 of each? what if they are both Male..and ya said some KO hush is soon to go in..where do you house these and are they Female? Do ya take clones at all? those look very nice and healthy. I didnt read what nutrients your useing? and the temps and RH in the tent.. I wish ya luck on the grow and would like to fallow along..I wish ya nothing but females my friend..take care and be safe

:passingjoint:

R

Radio_Dread

hey thanks dude. she is an awesome girl. i love my new tent. all the holes for your venting is already there, the walls are all reflective. the reason for only 1 of each was lack of seeds at the time. and only 1 of 5 bubblegums made it...it is a female seed tho so im not worried there. the blueberry i only had one left and it was reg so it could be a male and my other little girls are in my closet under a 110w T5 before they go under the MH with the other girls. only 2 in the RDWC system. the rest will be soil grown. i will update as things get going. i use the whole tehcnaflora line as base nutes and i also use cash crop aminozyme and gravity from HCO.

RD

D

Daddy-O

Nice start. Thanks for sharing.
Have you thought about adding some watts? If you add a couple plants, what about adding a 6 hundo HPS above, with the 400w(now with HPS) dropped in vertical between 'em. Room looks a bit tight however. Lol.
Look forward to seeing your progress. Good luck.

R

Radio_Dread

thanks dude. yeah i have tho bout that. and i will sometime in the future. just running a 400 is good for me now as it saves me lil on electric bill every month since it is running all the time along with my T5 ya know. so for my size it works. but thanks for checkin it out.

R

Radio_Dread

K.O Kush and Sage 'n' Sour break ground

Well 2 of the 3 K.O Kush have popped ground as well as 2 of the 3 Sage 'n' Sour also broke ground. Here are the pics:
DSC00609

DSC00605

i also wanted to share a pic of what my seedling area looks like. enjoy

much love,

RD:cool0041:

J

jordisgarden

Hey man. awsome job. i just got my dwc 5 gal and i germinated in a 1 by 1 cube of rockwool. now there is roots showing at the bottom. showing the second leaf set. i filled the 5 gal till the water was 2 inches from the roots. put hydrotons around the cube. am i supposed to have mine in a huge cube like you?..what did u do to get tt point. ifmind helpin a brother out. thanks bro. im growing blz bud in my dwc. thanks.

R

Radio_Dread

hey dude thanks for tunin in. well once my roots show in the 1in rockwool cube i transplant them to a 4in rockwool cube and leave them under my T5 until roots show through that cube and then into the DWC they go. make sure you put an inch or two of hydroton on the bottom of the net pot before you put the rockwool cube with your baby in the net, thats pretty important too. and more info you need feel free to ask.

RD

J

jordisgarden

Thank you so much . its pretty simple but still scary starting a hydro project of any kind. i have a tray. when i get home i will take the cube out of the dwc bucket. place the 1 inch cubehe hole in the 4 inch i have. first i should soak the 4 inch? 5.5 ph for the 4 inch?. then ima put it in the tray. should the tray have water in it or do i keep it wet with wterings?
ill let the cube sit in the 4 inch . how long does it take to grow through the large cube? 2 weeks? now when roots are showing through the 4 inch do i put it into he dwc with nutes? or just plain 5.8 ph water?
oh also . i put 2 inches of hydrotons on the bottom. should the roots be in the bubbles coming up from the dwc or should they be just out of reach?sorry to jack this but obviously you know what ur doing. thanks bro again i didnt mean to thread jack ya...

R

Radio_Dread

yeah but once you get the hang of it you will really love the benefits of growing hydro. yeah you want to soak the 4in rockwool cude for 24 hours. and then yes once your roots are showing through that one you want to put them in your DWC system.the roots will grow down into your soultion. its all good dude, thats what this site is for to share your info and help everyone out. good luck dude. any more questions dont be scared to ask.

RD

J

jordisgarden

so i took the 4 inch cube and soaked it last night in 5.5 when i get home im gonna take the 1 inch out of the bucket. i had no where else to keep it, and didnt know it shouldnt have been in there anyway. im gonna take it out put the smaller cube into the bigger one and just water the cube. now am i supposed to water the cube with 5.5 ph. no nutes till the roots are coming out of the 4 inch. should i just keep it in a tray or in the dwc? would it be a waste of electricity to keep it in the dwc right now?

R

Radio_Dread

hey bud, i would just keep them in a tray until the roots show throgh the 4in. after that ou should put it in the DWC and use a light veg nute mix once you put your babies in the DWC. it wouldnt be a waste, but its not till your roots really start growing that you will have the advatage of growing in DWC

R

Radio_Dread

Update 1/13/10

just a couple pics. i got a new reflector from HTG supply, it is an easy cool 6. im really diggin it. i got a 6in inline fan to go with it, the can is 427 cfm i believe. i still need to get another can filter for the tent.:harvest:

DSC00610

DSC00612

i also transplanted the K.O kush's and 2 sage 'n' sour plants into soil pots too. Much love

RD:pimp:

Top Bottom