RD's winter DWC grow

• Thread starter Radio_Dread
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Radio_Dread

hey there guys/ gals out there, anyone following this grow... i will be topping the sage 'n' sour and K.O kush later tonight when the lights come back on. i am going to start flowering at the end of the week too. Cant wait to get these ladies going.

R

Radio_Dread

Update 2/1/10

Well just like a promised alil update. K.O Kush and Sage 'n' Sour got transplanted into 2 gal pots the other day. the BB in the back left is lookin really good. K.O kush and SnS both got topped tonight so i hope we see some goog growth in the next couple days:
DSC00657

DSC00660

DSC00662

DSC00664

DSC00666

DSC00670

Im going to be flowering really soon. so stay tuned for the real show here soon. much love.

RD:cool0041:

R

Radio_Dread

Started Flowering today actually. will post some pics once we have some action.:anim_30:

RD

B

bootlegbrewer

Looking forward to seeing the pictures. What kind of nutrients are you using?

R

Radio_Dread

thanks yo, i use technaflora BC boost, grow, and bloom as my base nutes. but the first week of flowering i use AN bud blood and drop the vitman b the first week, the wk 2 - wk 6 i use AN big bud and bring back the thrive alive to the mix, i also use HCO gravity the week before i start the flush. stay tuned.

RD

R

Radio_Dread

well i got some bad news. my sage 'n' sour turned out male so it got the chop today. but i started to germ 2 more SnS and 6 mystery beans that i got from a friend in cali but they are not labled and he didnt tell me what they are so i guess i will just have to wait and find out. any way it should be dank oh and i ended up topping my lat KO kush, it is a runt and took alil longer to get big enough to top

RD:pimp:

R

Radio_Dread

well yet another bummer, one of the K.O Kush were also male so it got the chop too. So now im down to 3 plants total. 1 BB, 1 Bubblegum, and 1 K.O Kush that are the females left. white hairs are starting to show on the remaining 3 plants so i will post pics at the 3rd week mark. we are now at day 11 of 12/12. much love and stay warm.

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
hey radio looking good man. i am a dirt guy, now using pro mix, but want to move on to hydro. explain a little bit about how the recirculating works.what size pump?is it constantly on?the 2 buckets are connected and then to the rez right?do you still have air stones in the buckets?sorry bro but i gotta learn hydro from somewhere:nerd

R

Radio_Dread

Hey bro its all good im glad that your interested in hydro. i have run soil awhile myself then the past few runs i have switched to hydro and i have to say once you get the hang of it you will love it. not as messy i think with no dirt ya know. well recirculationg DWC works in the way that i have a 20 gal resi that gets cleaned one a week and a fresh batch of nutes too. since i have only have 2 buckets in my system i use a dura h2o pump that pushes 138gph and it would prob be good for 2-3 more buckets i bet. yes the pump in my resi is always on so it keeps that water moving with out getting stagnet. and to answer your last question yes, the water is pump out of the resi into the 2 buckets where there is a 4in air in the bottom of each bucket and then the water is drained back to the resi, just make sure your buckets sit higher than the resi of the water will not drain back and you will have floods all the time. and its all good dude, that what this place is for to share knowledge, i had to ask those same questions when i was starting. good luck with every you do buddy.

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
thanx radio..so the pump in the resi just feeds the drippers?, and the buckets drain back to the rezi via gravity?i thought for some reason that there was a pump being used to drain the buckets..

B

been

Hey bro, love the setup. I've been lurking for a while but haven't checked in since they were small. I run those big aerolids like you got there, but i don't recirculate. Still though i can appreciate it just the same. That big girl is only going to dwarf the others. Sucks to be you, right? :rofl

You ever try to think of ways to build on these system? I'm always working on things like that. I recently stuck 3 clones to 1 bucket just trying to save on veg. Stole that from Subcool even though he does it in soil. I think when I can grow trees i'm going to bypass the aerolids all together and fill up the buckets, but I wonder if I should put an airstone in each one or pump the air through the manifold without stones. You have any ideas about that? i just wonder if the bubbles would escape through first bucket or what. I also wonder if I put the stones inside the buckets if the Hydroton would disperse them more evenly as the bubbles rise. Anything you can add would be much appreciated. i've been mostly E&F but i think DWC is boss.

When you going to add more buckets?

R

Radio_Dread

thanx radio..so the pump in the resi just feeds the drippers?, and the buckets drain back to the rezi via gravity?i thought for some reason that there was a pump being used to drain the buckets..

hey dude its actually an air pump that pushes the water up and out of the drippers and also bubbles the air stone in the bottom of the bucket. euch bucket has it own air pump to do this. and yes the buckets drain back to the resi, no need for another pump. it actually would pump the water out too fast so the roots would not get any water.

R

Radio_Dread

Hey bro, love the setup. I've been lurking for a while but haven't checked in since they were small. I run those big aerolids like you got there, but i don't recirculate. Still though i can appreciate it just the same. That big girl is only going to dwarf the others. Sucks to be you, right? :rofl

You ever try to think of ways to build on these system? I'm always working on things like that. I recently stuck 3 clones to 1 bucket just trying to save on veg. Stole that from Subcool even though he does it in soil. I think when I can grow trees i'm going to bypass the aerolids all together and fill up the buckets, but I wonder if I should put an airstone in each one or pump the air through the manifold without stones. You have any ideas about that? i just wonder if the bubbles would escape through first bucket or what. I also wonder if I put the stones inside the buckets if the Hydroton would disperse them more evenly as the bubbles rise. Anything you can add would be much appreciated. i've been mostly E&F but i think DWC is boss.

When you going to add more buckets?

hey dude thanks alot for stoppin by and checkin' the lil show out. im bout to hit the 3 week mark for 12/12 and will post some pics, they all started buddin' last night. yeah i hope that big girls yeilds good, she looks she will, she was actually planted after the bubblegum and her growth was really amazing, wish i could have cloned her but i didnt. i would def go with an air stone, you could just put a big one in the resi if you dont want to put one in each bucket and i bet that would oxygenate the water just fine. i would love to add more buckets to my garden its just lack of space so a do 2 RDWC and the rest soil so i can move them around as i need too. but
if you want to grow trees DWC is def the way to go. stay watm buddy, i will post some pics tonight as the girls are gettin big

B

been

Now I'm wondering how the air pump pushes water up through those rings? Any way you could get some pics of the inside for me/us? I think Waterfarms work the same wa, no? I just don't understand the science. :icon_dizzy:

R

Radio_Dread

haha yeah its one of those things that i guess you just got to see to believe, yeah i will take a couple pics of the "plumbing" i call. its pretty simple actually, the air is pumped through this plastic tube and it almost kind of bubbles and sucks the air up to the ring and the ring has like 5 little holes in it that drips, i have notice though if there isnt a decent amount of water in the bucket the dripper doesnt work as well

R

Radio_Dread

update 2/16/10

Ok well im at day 13 of 12/12. the BB is really takin over. The 3 plants are Blueberry, Bubblegum(back right), and K.O Kush in the soil pot. I also through i pic in of the "plumbing" the air pumps are taped to the tent wall and have hoses hooked up to the brown tube that pumps the water up to the top of the plants. that is the roots for the bubblegum. enjoy:
DSC00695

DSC00697

DSC00698

DSC00699

DSC00700

hope everyone is stayin warm out there. much love.

RD:cool0041:

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
hey dude its actually an air pump that pushes the water up and out of the drippers and also bubbles the air stone in the bottom of the bucket. euch bucket has it own air pump to do this. and yes the buckets drain back to the resi, no need for another pump. it actually would pump the water out too fast so the roots would not get any water.

thanx alot for the help radio..will be trying some buckets in the next run...good luck with your buckets o dank..Burn

R

Radio_Dread

no prob dude thanks for stopin' by and chillin' for a min. if you need any more tips or advice or whatever dont hesitate to ask.

RD

Top Bottom