RDWC brown root problems????

• Thread starter gettogro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
I used Roots Excelurater with DM Zone in my UC and had no adverse effects, but before I flipped to bloom, I omitted the DM Zone and started using Roots Excelurator with AquaShield... Cleansed and then Collonized FTW! Keep It Super Simple and work smarter, not harder... :cool

P

primeform

I used Roots Excelurater with DM Zone in my UC and had no adverse effects, but before I flipped to bloom, I omitted the DM Zone and started using Roots Excelurator with AquaShield... Cleansed and then Collonized FTW! Keep It Super Simple and work smarter, not harder... :cool

The only adverse effect is DM zone killing the bene bacteria in your expensive as fuk root excelurater.

P

primeform

Ah i see what you mean shady. You mean you used root excel AFTER you used DM zone. Yes thats what Ghetto should do too. Here would be my advice. Drain and clean system with physan. Run DM zone and hygrozyme to kill off the bad bacteria and eat all the dead roots. Drain system again and run Great White, hygrozyme and Root Excel again.

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

Im not a hydro guy...

First 4 words of your post. If you are not a hydro guy then why even give advise? I am lost. You have all this knowledge but yet no experience. Maybe you can tell me how to adjust the carb on my 427 also?

Keep on fighting the good fight bro. My last post on this thread, FTW HYGROZYME SUCKS IN RDWC! - Goodcat out

G

gettogro

so what happened in that three day period? you moved the plants, did you change up the nutrient ec? have you been using Roots excelurator throughout your whole grow?

I just harvested that room cleaned it out with bleach solution like I have in the past. I had 1 plant that was crap I turns out that the rubber diffuser in that plant stopped bubbling it had brown shitty roots. I scrubbed the shit out of the system ran it 24hrs with a gallon of bleach, flushed it out twice with tap, filled it with ro added nuts and roots ex to the same strength as the veg uc, moved the plants over to the flower room and bam 3 days later rootbeer guts. . Been using roots excel since the clones were wl rooted.

After it clears up "if" I'll run a sterill res for the rest of this run ...

Maybee I'll just dump in some great white with a little hugrozyme, 110 ml of roots excel, 380 ml of multi zyme, 300ml of 29% h2o2, 20ml of hydrofungicyde, 3 teaspoons of phyan20, and 2 tablespoons of generic brand bleach. Adjust ph to 5.8 add base nutes to 650' ppm. Hope for the best
Should clear it up in no time

P

primeform

First 4 words of your post. If you are not a hydro guy then why even give advise? I am lost. You have all this knowledge but yet no experience. Maybe you can tell me how to adjust the carb on my 427 also?

Keep on fighting the good fight bro. My last post on this thread, FTW HYGROZYME SUCKS IN RDWC! - Goodcat out

Good thing its the last post on this thread because you have no idea what your talking about. I grew in hydro before these products existed son. Amazing that you are currently growing hydro and dont know ANYTHING about the products you are RECOMMENDING to use or not use. Your first post was bashing me for giving advice about something I dont know about. Ironic that your the only person doing this.

You are the single most ignorant person ive met on this board and I hope no one takes anything you say seriously. seriously.

P

primeform

Maybee I'll just dump in some great white with a little hugrozyme, 110 ml of roots excel, 380 ml of multi zyme, 300ml of 29% h2o2, 20ml of hydrofungicyde, 3 teaspoons of phyan20, and 2 tablespoons of generic brand bleach. Adjust ph to 5.8 add base nutes to 650' ppm. Hope for the best
Should clear it up in no time

You just made me LOL! /endthread

G

gettogro

I'm sittin at the bar in waiting for my gf to get her nails done. I'm feelin a little silly. It's not often we mountain folk have to drive in town for some fungicide, shuck em up...

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

Good thing its the last post on this thread because you have no idea what your talking about. I grew in hydro before these products existed son. Amazing that you are currently growing hydro and dont know ANYTHING about the products you are RECOMMENDING to use or not use. Your first post was bashing me for giving advice about something I dont know about. Ironic that your the only person doing this.

You are the single most ignorant person ive met on this board and I hope no one takes anything you say seriously. seriously.

I didn't recommend shit. I said DON'T use HYGROZYME. Here is my recommendation. Change out water and disinfect with physan 20, drain and rinse, add base nutes and aquashield. FTW KISS!

Better yet ghettogrow can go with your 12 step recipe for disaster and end up worse then he already was and be a few hundred dollars in the hole. Looks like he knows what he is doing by the way that tote is filled with roots.

I applogize to everyone for having to read primeform and I rant. I get really really irritated when people give bad advise because it has caused me problems in the past and I don't like seeing people go through the same stuff that I went through.

On a side not primeform why don't you ask all the UC and MPB growers on this site about your instructions and see what they say. I invite anyone who is currently growing in RDWC to comment on the use of hygrozyme in RDWC. Mr.Dizzle and MediMary have already expressed their opinions about hygrozyme. I have a funny feeling you won't find anyone with anything good to say about hygrozyme in RDWC bro.

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

He's right about the Hygrozyme bro....Great White + Hygrozyme in solution in RDWC is a proven recipe for headaches. Only way to know this is to have done it.

P

primeform

He's right about the Hygrozyme bro....Great White + Hygrozyme in solution in RDWC is a proven recipe for headaches. Only way to know this is to have done it.

Another pointless post. How is it proven to be a headache? What headaches did it cause? How did they colonize? Did they add great white first? did they already have pythium problem when they added the great white and hygrozyme?

Its seriously like you guys all read one internet post about someone adding hygrozyme to there rez and there plants dying. If you dont know how to use it or what it does then DEFINITELY dont use it.

It is not a cure all solution and can aggrivate the problem if you already have an established colony of bad bacteria. This is probably the HEADACHES you are talking about.

Also this information also directly applies to AERO CLONING which I do every day of my life. So I "have done it". Have you? Or did you just read an internet post about hygrozyme and your passing on the misinformation like its the bible?

P

primeform

I didn't recommend shit. I said DON'T use HYGROZYME. Here is my recommendation. Change out water and disinfect with physan 20, drain and rinse, add base nutes and aquashield. FTW KISS!

Better yet ghettogrow can go with your 12 step recipe for disaster and end up worse then he already was and be a few hundred dollars in the hole. Looks like he knows what he is doing by the way that tote is filled with roots.

I applogize to everyone for having to read primeform and I rant. I get really really irritated when people give bad advise because it has caused me problems in the past and I don't like seeing people go through the same stuff that I went through.

On a side not primeform why don't you ask all the UC and MPB growers on this site about your instructions and see what they say. I invite anyone who is currently growing in RDWC to comment on the use of hygrozyme in RDWC. Mr.Dizzle and MediMary have already expressed their opinions about hygrozyme. I have a funny feeling you won't find anyone with anything good to say about hygrozyme in RDWC bro.

LOL. You are RECOMMENDING that people DONT use something. You have 0 factual information to back up any of your claims. Ill post a few comments by people from another site.

"I run my own version of a DWC. I fight high res temps 73-76 degrees, and for DWC I’m probably way under enough air, so not the best environment. I use Hygrozyme now. I have had both success and failure with it. Since i have been on both sides of the boat, let me share my findings..

This is my old way #1:
Before I ever bought hygrozyme, I ran a complete sterile res. No bacteria, regular use of 29% peroxide. I would get pyth up high once in awhile, probably because of my low air and high temps, but the peroxide would keep it held at bay. Roots would be "white enough" and yields and completion were fine. Basically keep everything dead in your res (sterile).

Then I bought some hygrozyme. I cut out my peroxide and replaced it with hygrozyme. Bam, HUGE problems. 3 ladies almost brought to death. very slimy roots, not dark like my pyth before, just very slimy and weak (and not sucking up any water). was able to barely save them by cutting out hygrozyme (sound familiar).

Hygrozyme is used to create a perfect environment for the roots to attract and colonize bacteria. This is what i was told, and it makes perfect sense to me in my situation. Since i didn’t use any good bacteria, the littlest bad bacteria was multiplied and made perfect to live on my roots. I didn’t use peroxide anymore so the bad bacteria wasn’t killed.

this is my new way #2:
I bought some "great white" beneficial bacteria. I use that with hygrozyme and no peroxide. Now, beneficial bacteria multiply and live in my roots. So instead of killing everything, i promote good bacteria and let them thrive. This has turned out to be quite amazing. Silly white roots, even in my semi-harsh environment. And as long as i keep the good bacteria up, bad bacteria cant thrive. You can even use a touch of peroxide to supplement to kill of any little bad bacteria left, but not enough to affect your good bacteria colony. (like they mention on the hygrozyme bottle)

Hygrozyme eats dead roots thru enzymes, but it also creates a perfect environment on your roots for bacteria (good or bad). So if you use hygrozyme, you better make sure you have good bacteria colonies or you will be screwed. I have noticed this applies to clones in a areo cloner as well. either go good bacteria w/ hygrozyme or go peroxide only in the areo, this changed my areo success percentage from like 50% to 95%."

"this is exactly how hygrozyme is used.

when you drop an enzyme product in your rez without established bene bacteria, you are creating a recipe for dissaster.

been there, done that.

before i followed the above advice, like others i had mixed success with hygrozyme.

when you learn hygrozyme isn't like h202, isn't a cure all, & isn't going to solve any root rot problems, you've reached the top of the bell curve.

i've lost several of my ladies due to the incorrect application of hygrozyme. & people that dont like it, or have had little success with it, don't know how to use it.

as stated in multiple parts of this thread, enzyme products are food for both good & bad bacteria.

when using hygrozyme, you need to start with a fresh rez & innoculate your root zone with beneficials.

hygrozyme will keep the benies feed... which keeps the nasties at bay"

"I LOVE HYGROZYME.... I use it in the first weeks of flower only... after that i flush before every weekly water change with some peroxyde and water ph'd at 5.8. Hygrozyme if used properly is a great all around product. I used it when my clones were new and rotting and it helped get them strong again. hygrozyme vitamax are excellent products for the health of your plants b-52 will also keep your plants green and healthy looking but i prefer hygrozyme over sensizyme

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

I am just gonna sit back and watch because this is about to get interesting

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Ah i see what you mean shady. You mean you used root excel AFTER you used DM zone. Yes thats what Ghetto should do too. Here would be my advice. Drain and clean system with physan. Run DM zone and hygrozyme to kill off the bad bacteria and eat all the dead roots. Drain system again and run Great White, hygrozyme and Root Excel again.
Yeah I should have been more clear... I started veggin' in my UC with only DM Zone and the roots were very white, but growing slowly for a couple of weeks. I began to do top offs for another two weeks initially with Roots Excelurator and DM Zone just to see what would happen and then I started to omit the Zone. During this two weeks of Roots Excelurator and whatever Zone remained in the system since the beginning, I noticed much better root growth. Granted the Zone most definitely killed the beneficial bacteria, but I'm guessing that it did not kill the enzymes in Roots Excelurator. When I mixed my bloom nutes for the flip I only added Roots Excelurator and Aquashield... So far, so good... :thinking

R

rambo6372

5ml in a 50 gallon reservoir of Clorox bleach every 3 days will leave you with pearly white roots. No need for h2o2.

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

Hygrozyme and great white do not belong RDWC IMO.
I prefer a sterile rez.
I had better root growth without root excel on this last run.
I have had Zero failures in my MPB's.
And absolutely love the system.
But the only thing I have changed from DD's advice is dropping the H&G addy's. And not using top feed's.
Other then that I follow DD's instructions to the word.

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Sub-Primeform, I'll spare you the schooling I'm tempted to unleash on you.....as I'm officially a reformed lash master.

Anyway......Pretty clueless of you to assume the previous posts are based off of senseless regurgitation. You must post more than you read here on the Farm.

Good news though, you're more than welcome to be clueless bro, this is an open forum after all.

I realize Current Culture has no experience in RDWC either, but they too generally recommend avoiding zymes. Apparently they've gotten repeated reports of bio-slime, red/ brown algae, reduced DO levels (from biofilms on air stones) and pH fluctuations for a high percentage of UC growers using zymes.

Though they probably just read that in a post on some random thread I'd imagine ;)

Top Bottom