Rdwc Bucket Size Question

• Thread starter peta1111
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

As you can see in the second pic. I unhooked the insulated intake front the vent and ran it thru the top into room. I then pull air back out of room thru the reflective duct on the right and it's hooked to the vent going upstairs that the intake was initially hooked up to...

visajoe1

visajoe1

I check the PH daily and it has been rock solid. That larger plant didn't like the root mangling but it seems to be over it now. It is an odd duck though. It grows crazy fast but if anything changes, even a fan moved, it will react in one way or another.
I did notice that RH has been creeping up. May have to deal with that.

Sounds like you got it all under control, nice. She's putting off monster leaves, crazy. I look forward to watching her grow

peta1111

peta1111

Sounds like you got it all under control, nice. She's putting off monster leaves, crazy. I look forward to watching her grow

I wouldn't say that! We'll see what happens with her. Those monster sized leaves are kind of a pain in the butt. They twist and turn and block the light from everything underneath. The smaller plant is much neater and easier.
Of the 3 seeds/plants (all the same strain) two were identical and like the smaller one. I only kept the two of course but ditched one of the smaller ones because it took a little growth hit when I had my light too high and this one was growing strong. But this larger one is some kind of mutant.

peta1111

peta1111

Started some LST today to get some light past those huge leaves to the rest of the plant. Looks like hell but necessary.

peta1111

peta1111

Not sure if it was the right thing to do but I chopped some of those big leafs. Lots of light getting to the new growth now. We'll see if that was the right thing to do soon I suppose. No worries.

visajoe1

visajoe1

Not sure if it was the right thing to do but I chopped some of those big leafs. Lots of light getting to the new growth now. We'll see if that was the right thing to do soon I suppose. No worries.

You're fine, just keep it as minimal as possible of course. Those fan leaves can provide a lot of energy.

In flower you can defol some fan leaves around day 21ish and 47ish. Only remove what is blocking direct light to bud sites

peta1111

peta1111

In addition to blocking the light, I think those huge leafs were sucking energy from the rest of the plant. It should become more balanced now. We'll see.

H

heisen

I got a few ideas for you... Remember nothings cheap... Bulk heads, uni seals, pumps, etc it all adds up...
bulkheads are overpriced.Here is a 6 bucket setup i built for about 150 in buckets and pipes.everything got from lowes minus the cost of the pumps and chiller.
these plants are 13 days old and the bigger ones in scrog are 33 days old in a 2 bucket setup.
20170216 000617

20170216 000556
20170215 220305

20170207 190117

20170213 224522

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

H

heisen

Better flip the 2 bucket set up! She is gonna go crazy in there!
i flipped it 4 days ago.starting half strength flower nutes.once everything is filled in and even ill start raising the net a little untill i see flowers.than ill chop everything that didnt find a hole lol.

H

heisen

i actually took that pic a few hrs ago right as they woke up.I hadnt tucked anything in 2 days so spent about 30 minutes tucking all that hig stuff.Its flat again

peta1111

peta1111

Full flush and fresh nutes today. The inline filter looked pretty ugly but I suppose that's par for the course with the nutes.
I also started building the frame for the next COB. Parts should arrive this week.:cool:
Then I am going to do something about the humidity control. For now I put the exhaust fan on a timer which immediately brings down the humidity. But of course it creeps back up. Is it the plants that make it so much more humid in the tent now? If I leave it overnight without the exhaust fan going the RH will get around 90% :speechless:. That was not the case just a week ago and the basement where the tent is RH is around 30%.
IMG 20170219 161924
IMG 20170219 161946

Last edited:
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Full flush and fresh nutes today. The inline filter looked pretty ugly but I suppose that's par for the course with the nutes.
I also started building the frame for the next COB. Parts should arrive this week.:cool:
Then I am going to do something about the humidity control. For now I put the exhaust fan on a timer which immediately brings down the humidity. But of course it creeps back up. Is it the plants that make it so much more humid in the tent now? If I leave it overnight without the exhaust fan going the RH will get around 90% :speechless:. That was not the case just a week ago and the basement where the tent is RH is around 30%.
Yep! The plants are transpiring(cooling). You should raise the temp of your grow room lights off to with in 10 degrees of lights on. That will help. when the lights go off it cools down very quickly and the plant transpires and rasies the relative humidity. I always kept my exhaust fan running at night, but on low on a speed controller. I now use a autopilot. If your serious about growing and your environment, its a must have.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

cree?

peta1111

peta1111

So the humidity situation is about the temp at night? I have been turning the heater down at night to 70 degrees (sometimes 65 degrees). My lights don't raise the tent temp much at all but I will watch the temps more carefully and see if I notice a correlation between temp/humidity. I'll add autopilot to the bottom of the buy list. I really need a blue labs guardian first and I'd like to replace the noisy air pump. Always something!

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

So the humidity situation is about the temp at night? I have been turning the heater down at night to 70 degrees (sometimes 65 degrees). My lights don't raise the tent temp much at all but I will watch the temps more carefully and see if I notice a correlation between temp/humidity. I'll add autopilot to the bottom of the buy list. I really need a blue labs guardian first and I'd like to replace the noisy air pump. Always something!
It is always something. The hobby is expensive.. but after you make your first 3k it's more manageable :)

As for the humidity I use my furnaces dry heat to bring Temps up to 70 lights off and I keep lights on at 77. When I do that it drops my humidity too...
Really we both just need to get a dehumidifier. And I will this fall when I open the room back up. ..

peta1111

peta1111

It is always something. The hobby is expensive.. but after you make your first 3k it's more manageable :)

As for the humidity I use my furnaces dry heat to bring Temps up to 70 lights off and I keep lights on at 77. When I do that it drops my humidity too...
Really we both just need to get a dehumidifier. And I will this fall when I open the room back up. ..

My home furnace is down at 60 degrees at night and the basement drops a bit lower.
Which autopilot unit do you have? Is the small humidity controller that they make worthwhile?
It's not very expensive but only controls one thing. Also looks like the sensor is built in to the unit?

Top Bottom