RDWC droopy leafs using RO Water

• Thread starter Michaelmng
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Damn that's some good growth that's what I'm looking for,
1.are you exchanging air or is it a sealed environment?
2.Do you think I'm under powered with air stones I'm running 40 liters per min
3. Do you remember the ppms you where at during this stage
I listened to Aquaman and heres my current two week growth. Do whatever he says and ask too many questions. You wont regret it.

Download 1
Screenshot 20220512 062456
Michaelmng

Michaelmng

I listened to Aquaman and heres my current two week growth. Do whatever he says and ask too many questions. You wont regret it.
Thanks for sharing this with me. For tou ro achieve that growth in 2 weeks wat was your rh and ph.

Michaelmng

Michaelmng

The root ball is at the top row of the planting deck
1. Should this root ball at the planting deck be submerged. Or should it be the time to keep water bellow the planting deck or bellow the entire netpot. I'm thinking below the planting deck however if I place water level below the net pot ide save a little water.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Thanks for sharing this with me. For tou ro achieve that growth in 2 weeks wat was your rh and ph.
With hydro we dont need go worry about rh as much. I dont use humidifiers or dehumidifiers. Humidity stays around 40 to 50.

Ph 5.5 to start, climbs up to 6.0. . i drop to 5.5. And repeat.

Smokey0418

Smokey0418

With hydro we dont need go worry about rh as much. I dont use humidifiers or dehumidifiers. Humidity stays around 40 to 50.

Ph 5.5 to start, climbs up to 6.0. . i drop to 5.5. And repeat.
You might not worry , but I would put my humidifier to use In my hydro set up.

No worry comes about 21 days after flower starts.

Enjoy the growing

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

You might not worry , but I would put my humidifier to use In my hydro set up.

No worry comes about 21 days after flower starts.

Enjoy the growing
With Hydro the constant feeding of air into the airstones which creates evaporation through the netpots. As long as the bubbles are popping, you wont need to worry about Humidity if running hydro. Humidity is mainly for cloning when there is no root system anyways. Now if the humidity is too high, like in a basement, yes people have to run dehumidifiers. But I can grow just fine even when the humidity is in the 30s in the winter. Now if I were running C02 during veg I might consider it, I might even follier feed RO at that point. But atm, a 3 week veg makes them too big so not really an issue.

Michaelmng

Michaelmng

With Hydro the constant feeding of air into the airstones which creates evaporation through the netpots. As long as the bubbles are popping, you wont need to worry about Humidity if running hydro. Humidity is mainly for cloning when there is no root system anyways. Now if the humidity is too high, like in a basement, yes people have to run dehumidifiers. But I can grow just fine even when the humidity is in the 30s in the winter. Now if I were running C02 during veg I might consider it, I might even follier feed RO at that point. But atm, a 3 week veg makes them too big so not really an issue.
1. Should this root ball at the planting deck be submerged. Or should it be the time to keep water bellow the planting deck or bellow the entire netpot. I'm thinking below the planting deck however if I place water level below the net pot ide save a little water.

Smokey0418

Smokey0418

With Hydro the constant feeding of air into the airstones which creates evaporation through the netpots. As long as the bubbles are popping, you wont need to worry about Humidity if running hydro. Humidity is mainly for cloning when there is no root system anyways. Now if the humidity is too high, like in a basement, yes people have to run dehumidifiers. But I can grow just fine even when the humidity is in the 30s in the winter. Now if I were running C02 during veg I might consider it, I might even follier feed RO at that point. But atm, a 3 week veg makes them too big so not
Personally I would just try to optimize anything one could .
Following a vpd chart and it’s humidity values might be a better idea then just, a guess.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

Personally i leave my water level about 1 inch below the net pot.

Nothing to prove it but i feel that leaving the water level below the net pot encourages a more tap root type structure.
Screenshot 20220104 162556 Gmail

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Personally I would just try to optimize anything one could .
Following a vpd chart and it’s humidity values might be a better idea then just, a guess.
I would kill to put my pots in a sealed grow room that follows vpd charts and all the other perfect specs. My par levels are not even, my humidity is not consistant. My temps are regulated by fans instead of ac/dehumidifier. . so yea i get it. For sure would want to get all enviornmental conditions dialed in perfectly for best results. For me though, I dont even run a humidity guage anymore. Just a few less moving parts I have to worry about. I would say it would be last on the list to perfect in hydro.

I keep my water level about 2 inches above the bottom of netpot. My roots always stay fully submerged. I let the water level drop down to about an inch below netpot, then I top it back off.
Most people keep an air gap to allow root growth. I never have and never will. Now i am lazy and will not top off for a while. Meaning my waterlevel drops quite a bit. My veg res holds 30 gallon, I usually add 10 gallons at a time.

Michaelmng

Michaelmng

Personally i leave my water level about 1 inch below the net pot.

Nothing to prove it but i feel that leaving the water level below the net pot encourages a more tap root type structure. View attachment 1244870

Looking good, so as soon as enough roots hit the water immediately drop water level away from the planting deck to 1" bellow the net pot!

Michaelmng

Michaelmng

I would kill to put my pots in a sealed grow room that follows vpd charts and all the other perfect specs. My par levels are not even, my humidity is not consistant. My temps are regulated by fans instead of ac/dehumidifier. . so yea i get it. For sure would want to get all enviornmental conditions dialed in perfectly for best results. For me though, I dont even run a humidity guage anymore. Just a few less moving parts I have to worry about. I would say it would be last on the list to perfect in hydro. I keep my water level about 2 inches above the bottom of netpot. My roots always stay fully submerged. I let the water level drop down to about an inch below netpot, then I top it back off. Most people keep an air gap to allow root growth. I never have and never will. Now i am lazy and will not top off for a while. Meaning my waterlevel drops quite a bit. My veg res holds 30 gallon, I usually add 10 gallons at a time.
I'm realizing that all the perfect room and thousands on equipment ate not really a factor for excellence with this style of growing. I kinda feel like the less vpd which is $$$ stuff to deal with the better off I'll be. At least till I dial my rootzone and get these babies growing faster.
Heck I miss the old days off vented hoods and rooms exchanging air. Seems like hydro allows for that to be possible. And still have success BTW im dont know what is going on buy it looks like my plants are suffering again ph 5.6 270ppm water temps 70° room temps 78° I adjusted humidity maybe they aren't used to it being this dry. When humidity was high they didn't look great when it was a 50% they weren't all that great so I dropped it to 46%

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

The red stems indicate over feeding. Thee yellowing of leafs indicate root uptake issues. Id say your ppms are too high, and you have a root uptake issue. Yet, your new growth up top, doesnt look near as bad. Your almost lined out

Michaelmng

Michaelmng

The red stems indicate over feeding. Thee yellowing of leafs indicate root uptake issues. Id say your ppms are too high, and you have a root uptake issue. Yet, your new growth up top, doesnt look near as bad. Your almost lined out
Thanks for the feedback because I was about to drop water levels and try the 1" below net pot, now I'll just wait for the new root growth to catch up, and increase my uc roots to help prevent root issues with new root growth.
I'll just keep ppms at 330 ph 5.6

Michaelmng

Michaelmng

So the last plants I trashed them cleaned the rooms painted a wall and started over my buddy gifted me some really nice teens that where In rockwool nuggets I then placed them in the my CC systems with cropsalt nutrients at 100ppms. They did get sad but I figured that was the plants getting used to the new environment and needing to grow some roots to hit the water. Today is the 6th day in the system and roots have hit the water but i have encountered some necrosis on some leaf tips as well as yellow rings. I was wondering if my ppm where too low for such vigorous plants. I was told by the owner of cropsalt and hydrobuckets that 1000ppm is where I should start feeding them just did water change now.

Thoughts any one
Ph5.6 Just know changed from 100ppm to 1000ppm was told they wouldn't shock plant.
Water Temps 68°
Room temp 75° 65RH

Michaelmng

Michaelmng

Hey Cashmeh I just tried to view your profile it's restricted..also I posted something new if I could get some feedback would be appreciated!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

RH around 60% if they are rooted clones.

Ppm 400-600 should carry you through the grow depending on the type of nutrients and you VPD. You need to adjust based on those 2 factors.

Michaelmng

Michaelmng

RH around 60% if they are rooted clones.

Ppm 400-600 should carry you through the grow depending on the type of nutrients and you VPD. You need to adjust based on those 2 factors.
Aquaman do you know anything about cropsalt nutrients, as far as I know the owner said there's multiple forms of nitrogen and that's why I can run PPM high. Based on your nutrient blending experience do you think that's normal or acceptable for the ratios of cropsalt

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Aquaman do you know anything about cropsalt nutrients, as far as I know the owner said there's multiple forms of nitrogen and that's why I can run PPM high. Based on your nutrient blending experience do you think that's normal or acceptable for the ratios of cropsalt
About to watch a movie with the lady so if you still want me to look at it later i can.

But yes nutrient sources and ratios among other things determines availability and can impact uptake so i have no reason to doubt what he said

Michaelmng

Michaelmng

About to watch a movie with the lady so if you still want me to look at it later i can.

But yes nutrient sources and ratios among other things determines availability and can impact uptake so i have no reason to doubt what he said
thanks aqua man when ever you have a chance It would be helpful if you could share with me the science side of cropsalt to determine if it makes since in RDWC to run such high ppms

Top Bottom