Rdwc issues coming to the experts 8
Rdwc issues coming to the experts 9
Rdwc issues coming to the experts 10
Rdwc issues coming to the experts 11
Rdwc issues coming to the experts 12
Rdwc issues coming to the experts 13
Rdwc issues coming to the experts 14
Rdwc issues coming to the experts 15
Hello everyone, new to posting here but a very long time lurker and long time member of other forums. I have some issues in my RDWC system that i simply cannot figure out. Plants all started decent at transplant from clone dome to netpots. After about 3 days thay have since gone to hell (total now 14 days in)

I was running sterile with posted below stats and ended up seeing the start of pythium in my buckets at about day 5. I immediately shocked the system trying to get free chlorine up to 3ppm and it simply would not go there. The system was up to a total of 10-12ppm total chlorine level for 1 day (this may have fried my plants but idk because free chlorine nevwr gor past 0)
Room temps 75°
Room RH. 70-75%
Wate temps. 66-68°
DO is very high
Ppm 300
Ph 5.9-6.0

After 24 hours i drained the system and put all new solution back in at the same ratios above along with thw same enviroment settings but added bennies. I also brewed bennies tea for 32 hrs nd added that as well and poured a cup over each plants root zone and the media. Posted are rhe pics in order from start to now. Rhwy are worse today then they have been the entire 14 days.
Rdwc issues coming to the experts
Rdwc issues coming to the experts

Rdwc issues coming to the experts 5
MIAquaFire

MIAquaFire

Bottom pics are at transplant, top pics are now, idk why they transferred pn backwards like that

PK1

PK1

Supporter
what is the water parameters? PH? EC or PPM? what type of nutrients are you using?
Also, get the room above 80f at 70RH. i follow this chart

Plant enviroment
MIAquaFire

MIAquaFire

what is the water parameters? PH? EC or PPM? what type of nutrients are you using?
Also, get the room above 80f at 70RH. i follow this chart
300ppm now and dropping it to 200 tonight.
Ph is 6.0 steady
Will bring temps up for sure
C02 is at 450 as well and kights are 28" above plants running at 20% till issues fixed

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Man, I see several problems, or rather symptoms here.

Starved for mobile nutrients. But that could be because your VPD is off stalling respiration. Or could be PH out to lunch - i.e. bad readings.
They look both too wet and too dry at the same time. Diagnosis is hard when you have multiple issues going on. Many look the same.

I see white PVC - is that air lines? And it looks like you have 3" connecting the totes, is there a supply as well or is this a giant Kratky setup?

When you shocked the system and it did not respond, what were you using?

What is your source water, was there already chlorine in there? What is the PPM out of the tap if using tap water?

If this were my setup, I would empty and refill with RO. Then I would use H2O2 and these strips:

to bring it to 5 - 10 PPM H2O2 just to make sure you got rid of the root rot. Give it 1 or 2 days, test again, and when it gets very low on the test strips do a partial water change and add in the benies. Now you have a known solid start point.

At the same time I would drop the RH or raise the temp.

I would re-check and double re-check that my PH measurements are correct and I did not have an instrumentation issue. You want 5.7 - 5.8 at this stage.

Since they are pretty starved, I'd add a fair amount of N and Cal-mag. maybe 300-400 PPM total if using RO water. When you fix the VPD, the nutes will make it to the top of the plant. New growth should immediately look much better. The old yellow leaves are toast - get rid of them immediately if dried and crispy, after day 2 if they are still part of the vascular system that is functioning - they can still help buffer big changes if they have any life left, but they won't make it long, nor are they necessary once you get under control.

I don't know about air movement, but that one little fan on the wall, if that is it, is not nearly enough for this size room. At this point, you need a steady small breeze across the bottoms of the leaves to prevent micro climates and get those stomata to open up.

I think if you got all this dialed in, I would lower the lights to bring the temp up and encourage growth. Your internode is not bad, but could be tighter. I assume with the tiny net pots you are not trying to grow trees here. If you are trying for little bushes you probably want more light, but only after the other stuff is under control or you will just burn them up.

PS: good job on asking the question with proper pics and data. Makes it so much easier on the people helping.

MIAquaFire

MIAquaFire

Man, I see several problems, or rather symptoms here.

Starved for mobile nutrients. But that could be because your VPD is off stalling respiration. Or could be PH out to lunch - i.e. bad readings.
They look both too wet and too dry at the same time. Diagnosis is hard when you have multiple issues going on. Many look the same.

I see white PVC - is that air lines? And it looks like you have 3" connecting the totes, is there a supply as well or is this a giant Kratky setup?

When you shocked the system and it did not respond, what were you using?

What is your source water, was there already chlorine in there? What is the PPM out of the tap if using tap water?

If this were my setup, I would empty and refill with RO. Then I would use H2O2 and these strips:

to bring it to 5 - 10 PPM H2O2 just to make sure you got rid of the root rot. Give it 1 or 2 days, test again, and when it gets very low on the test strips do a partial water change and add in the benies. Now you have a known solid start point.

At the same time I would drop the RH or raise the temp.

I would re-check and double re-check that my PH measurements are correct and I did not have an instrumentation issue. You want 5.7 - 5.8 at this stage.

Since they are pretty starved, I'd add a fair amount of N and Cal-mag. maybe 300-400 PPM total if using RO water. When you fix the VPD, the nutes will make it to the top of the plant. New growth should immediately look much better. The old yellow leaves are toast - get rid of them immediately if dried and crispy, after day 2 if they are still part of the vascular system that is functioning - they can still help buffer big changes if they have any life left, but they won't make it long, nor are they necessary once you get under control.

I don't know about air movement, but that one little fan on the wall, if that is it, is not nearly enough for this size room. At this point, you need a steady small breeze across the bottoms of the leaves to prevent micro climates and get those stomata to open up.

I think if you got all this dialed in, I would lower the lights to bring the temp up and encourage growth. Your internode is not bad, but could be tighter. I assume with the tiny net pots you are not trying to grow trees here. If you are trying for little bushes you probably want more light, but only after the other stuff is under control or you will just burn them up.

PS: good job on asking the question with proper pics and data. Makes it so much easier on the people helping.
Good info bro ty. Heres the whole setup (which this is my 4th run in this system) it is a undercurrent system. The white pvc is airline, not water 2in feed lines with a 1in return line at the ends. I run a 1600gph pump for circulation, the room had 7 16inch ocillating fans, 1 22in floor fans a 1 20 inch stand fan. I have checked my oh with 3 diff meters (i also figured that was my issue) and after calibrating them all they all read 6.0 in solution.

I am running floraflex nutrients (same as last 3 runs) rapid start, botonicare calmag and bennies. I run only RO no tap water and all my water cycle through a uv sterilizer BEFORE my filtration system. Its definitely clean starting water

I can dial my enviroment in very easily, so changing any of that is no issue. When i "shocked" the system it was with pool shock.

Now 1 thing inwill mention is they DO have new root growth its just very very slow going and tops getting worse. Water level is also 1 inch below the netpot

Last edited:
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Can you raise your water temp to 72? That’s the sweet spot for growing colonies and you have tons of air so no issues at all for your setup.

pretty much raise temps across the board IMO.

Experience with this strain? All these same? Clones?

MIAquaFire

MIAquaFire

Can you raise your water temp to 72? That’s the sweet spot for growing colonies and you have tons of air so no issues at all for your setup.

pretty much raise temps across the board IMO.

Experience with this strain? All these same? Clones?
Yes i can set water temp to anything really. One side is new to me otherside i have grown quite a bit. Each side of the system is 1 strain

MIAquaFire

MIAquaFire

Ya know, thinking about it my ppm is at about 200 nute solution and 100 calmag right now

PK1

PK1

Supporter
ph should be between 5.5 to 5.9
ph 6 is okay but i like it more on the lower side for a rapid growth

I am trying to figure if its a phosphorus deficiency or magnesium

How are the new growths?
What are you using for nutrients?

MIAquaFire

MIAquaFire

ph should be between 5.5 to 5.9
ph 6 is okay but i like it more on the lower side for a rapid growth

I am trying to figure if its a phosphorus deficiency or magnesium

How are the new growths?
What are you using for nutrients?
Nrw growth isnt doing so great right now. The top pics were actually from today. Using floraflex nutes

Reactions: PK1
Huffyhuff

Huffyhuff

View attachment 1189404View attachment 1189404View attachment 1189405View attachment 1189406View attachment 1189408View attachment 1189409View attachment 1189410View attachment 1189411View attachment 1189412View attachment 1189413View attachment 1189414View attachment 1189415View attachment 1189416View attachment 1189417Hello everyone, new to posting here but a very long time lurker and long time member of other forums. I have some issues in my RDWC system that i simply cannot figure out. Plants all started decent at transplant from clone dome to netpots. After about 3 days thay have since gone to hell (total now 14 days in)

I was running sterile with posted below stats and ended up seeing the start of pythium in my buckets at about day 5. I immediately shocked the system trying to get free chlorine up to 3ppm and it simply would not go there. The system was up to a total of 10-12ppm total chlorine level for 1 day (this may have fried my plants but idk because free chlorine nevwr gor past 0)
Room temps 75°
Room RH. 70-75%
Wate temps. 66-68°
DO is very high
Ppm 300
Ph 5.9-6.0

After 24 hours i drained the system and put all new solution back in at the same ratios above along with thw same enviroment settings but added bennies. I also brewed bennies tea for 32 hrs nd added that as well and poured a cup over each plants root zone and the media. Posted are rhe pics in order from start to now. Rhwy are worse today then they have been the entire 14 days.
View attachment 1189402View attachment 1189402
I have had this same exact issue for almost a year. My room looked exactly like yours also. Plants looked identical to yours! I started adding cal/mag and never had a issue after that

PK1

PK1

Supporter
it does say on their website to add cal mag to reach a 0.3 EC before adding the nutrients.

MIAquaFire

MIAquaFire

it does say on their website to add cal mag to reach a 0.3 EC before adding the nutrients.
Do you think im starving them? My only concern leaning me away from starving is that there is no food root growth

PK1

PK1

Supporter
you need to figure what your water resource ph and ec/ppm is. from there you need to get it to 0.3 EC and then add the nutrients called in the schedule. Get the ph between 5.5 - 5.9 and the temps to 80f with 60+RH

Also, focus on the new growth, vs the old leaves. there already damaged. doing a clean up wouldn't be bad neither. preventing diseases.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

View attachment 1189404View attachment 1189404View attachment 1189405View attachment 1189406View attachment 1189408View attachment 1189409View attachment 1189410View attachment 1189411View attachment 1189412View attachment 1189413View attachment 1189414View attachment 1189415View attachment 1189416View attachment 1189417Hello everyone, new to posting here but a very long time lurker and long time member of other forums. I have some issues in my RDWC system that i simply cannot figure out. Plants all started decent at transplant from clone dome to netpots. After about 3 days thay have since gone to hell (total now 14 days in)

Room temps 75°
Room RH. 70-75%
Wate temps. 66-68°
DO is very high
Ppm 300
Ph 5.9-6.0

View attachment 1189402View attachment 1189402
You say your dissolved oxygen level is "very high"

What exactly is "very high" and what are you using to get those readings?

Latest posts

Top Bottom